• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcons smash boost

Midna-fan

Smash Cadet
O.K, first off I made a post awhile ago about this simple little techinque(that has no name) but found that it is realy cool for captian falcon specifically, this is what it is:

when your dashing if you hit up on the c-stick yo do an upsmash you will slide a small distance will performing the u-smash right?

that's not the technique though(obviously) if you begin a dash then tap up on the c-stick at the beginnig of hte dash animation you will slide forward will doing an upsmash, this is true for every character. But captain falcon specically slides an absurd distance. I think it would serve quite well.

please forgive my messy jumbled post with poor grammer.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
But captain falcon specically slides an absurd distance. I think it would serve quite well.
It's not that great. While he has the longest hyphen smash in the game, there are some things wrong with the Usmash.

1. If you're sliding too fast (beginning half of the hyphen smash) and manage to connect the first kick, the second kick, which is more effective, will completely miss and may leave you vulnerable.

2. Because of problem one, in order to use this move correctly, you must be positioned as far away as necessarily possible to connect both hits. However, this is well outside of normal combat spacing distance important to CF players, which makes CF's hyphen smash EXTREMELY situational and very predictable and punishable if abused.

Overall, CF's hyphen smash is really bad not because of the distance he gets, but rather because his Usmash is horrible due to the delay in the opening hitboxes and the fact that the first kick is so ineffective.

Lord_erk

Smash Rookie
hmm i guess ive got a bit more to learn, due to the fact that ill approach with it a few times a match and sometimes hypen smash after my opponent rolls away from me.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Falcons DAC is bleh. I don't know how to use it, I never even tried to learn it. His upsmash out of dashing is better, because you can CONTROL it.

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
i dont use the dashing Usmash only sometimes to approach ...if i approached too often with a SH Dair or SH Nair ...but normally i dont use it that often ...and the hypensmash ...never tried to learn it well ..due the problem of hitting with both kicks ...but in a FFA its good in some situations

Play LIGHTNING MELEE and FAST BRAWL....not the other slow crap.
YAY^^ i trained offline in these modes ...after playin it awhile all other mathces seem to be pretty slow

Tenki

Smash Hero
hummmm

maybe I'm doing it wrong, but if I DAC with Falcon, he actually slides less than if you just did a running U-smash.

He slides a little under half the distance.

it has its uses (defensive U-smash) but if you want to slide, then you're probably better off doing it straight out of a dash.

Sergetrigger

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a video of this being done? I'm unable to test this out for myself because i lent brawl to a friend of mine.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Oh, you mean hyphen smash? I use it as an approach, or for a possible KO after a forward throw. :/ But this is old news...

Miles.

Smash Champion
I like to you the length of his running Upsmash to pressure people after air juggles.

If I can pressure them in the air to use their double jump I will pressure their landing with runnning Upsmash.

It is good for "getting there" when some one is far away.

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if it is possible for Captain Falcon to execute a dashing Dsmash, that would be a very useful combo starter. when you think about the disscussions being made in the forums, you need to really tech hard with Captain Falcon to be a better player nowadays. Since the game has changed from melee, what I mean is some things can't and can be done in brawl for Captain Falcon and this changes a whole lot of stratergies and etc. with the character. Overall, the strategic tech talk really helps and comes in handy when using Captain Falcon in brawl. So appreciated :)

Top Bottom