• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Flacon=bottom tier?

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
People might think hes bad now but its up to people who play Falcon to redefine the way Falcon fights and how people view him. And so i made this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3j03SsUl2U
I kno its not the best but i hope C.F users find new ways to make C.F a cool character.
Comments appreciated.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Bad video quality, but the clips were entertaining for the most part. It would definitely help once you get a capture card or something.

KramerDsmash

Smash Rookie
unfortunately, there is no "magic move" or discovery that will be made in the foreseeable future. Captain Falcon doesn't have a trick or hidden card that will make him higher up. Granted he doesn't have to be bad. It takes a lot of practice. In casuals, i **** my friends with CF all the time. They mostly don't know how to fight him. However I would never bring him to a tourney.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Kramer summed it up well. Spamming his Dive is pretty effective, as you can use it over and over again.

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
lol. Captain Falcon in a tourney.... I don't know if i would either.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Finally, someone who can actually use Falcon. Good video.

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
lol. thx for the feedback. I think one more vid of him will do. But that might be with a capture card.

CptAwesome

Smash Rookie
unfortunately, there is no "magic move" or discovery that will be made in the foreseeable future. Captain Falcon doesn't have a trick or hidden card that will make him higher up. Granted he doesn't have to be bad. It takes a lot of practice. In casuals, i **** my friends with CF all the time. They mostly don't know how to fight him. However I would never bring him to a tourney.
I dont know about you nay sayers, but people shouldnt exclude him as an option for tournament play. Sure Falcon doesnt have priority, and sure he doesnt exude the middle tier prowess he had in Melee. But in general, every character has a weakness wether it be horrible recovery or lag time between moves. But if there is one thing playing video games has taught me,

Its "not the skill Orbital Frame, its the skill of the Runner."

(If you have no idea what im talking about just search Jehudy vs Anubis from Zone of the Enders 2)

On a lighter note, GREAT FREAKING VIDEO Brndn. I actually learned a thing or two. :bee:

Riyo / Marluxeth

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon for President!!!!! I dont think captain falcon should be a bottom tier i can understand not top, he might be a high tier, middle minimum, BUT NOT BOTTOM TIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
No offense to anyone, but I'm tired of seeing this topic being brought up a million times...

Wolfandike

Smash Apprentice
Guys just say it falcon sucks but thats fine that just means you look better when you win with him btw Link is way better then cf but cf is better than ganon in my opinion but he deserves bottom ok I take back what I said about ganon cf is the worst

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Falcon will be better than ganon sorry. Link is suck a beast this year. I mean his recovery though sucks like the 64 Link. It's horrible.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon is NOT bottom tier! I'll prove this to you by showing a video of Captain falcon fighting other low tier characters and doing well!

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
"No offense to anyone, but I'm tired of seeing this topic being brought up a million times..."
Doesn't posting the above bring the topic back up? Then dont post! lol. Don't worry. This topic will die eventually.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
"No offense to anyone, but I'm tired of seeing this topic being brought up a million times..."
Doesn't posting the above bring the topic back up? Then dont post! lol. Don't worry. This topic will die eventually.
The problem with this 1) people won't listen 2) This will not die considering everyone knows that falcon is the best and there trying to bring us down 3)Show ya moves.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Uh, that guy posted literally THREE MINUTES before I did. It didn't make a **** difference. AT ALL.

Kinda like how the guy above me posted in 6 minutes.

I'm tired of seeing this thread being "brought up a million times." Don't take it literally as in being put to the top - take it as in, "I'm tired of seeing everyone mention that Falcon is bottom tier." That's the most that i feel when I come to this board.

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
"The problem with this 1) people won't listen 2) This will not die considering everyone knows that falcon is the best and there trying to bring us down 3)Show ya moves."

lmao

Succesor of Raphael, I see what you mean now. lol

Shadowskale

Smash Rookie
....Okayyyyy, if your fed up with seeing this topic why do you even look at the cpt falcon boards ? O_o

Okay serously now BRAWL does't have teirs....theres no such thing.
One player could play as IDK....falco or maybe even snake VS Cpt falcon, but at the end of the day it comes down to the "SKill" of the player.
sure cpt falcon's priority may be the lowest...does't make him the worst.
in short what im trying to say here is there is NO worst charater in SSBB.

*Hides behind a mod waiting for a wall of flame*

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
....Okayyyyy, if your fed up with seeing this topic why do you even look at the cpt falcon boards ? O_o

Okay serously now BRAWL does't have teirs....theres no such thing.
One player could play as IDK....falco or maybe even snake VS Cpt falcon, but at the end of the day it comes down to the "SKill" of the player.
sure cpt falcon's priority may be the lowest...does't make him the worst.
in short what im trying to say here is there is NO worst charater in SSBB.

*Hides behind a mod waiting for a wall of flame*
denying tiers = st0opid
tiers are based on the 'best' players
if it is falco vs falcon: the falcon player will most likely win: as the tier list is based of the most skilled players
so in short, on the tier list, the falco player and the falcon player have the same amount of skill
and every fighting game has a worst character period.
perfectly balancing fighting games is impossible

Shadowskale

Smash Rookie
denying tiers = st0opid
tiers are based on the 'best' players
if it is falco vs falcon: the falcon player will most likely win: as the tier list is based of the most skilled players
so in short, on the tier list, the falco player and the falcon player have the same amount of skill
and every fighting game has a worst character period.
perfectly balancing fighting games is impossible
WTH ?
..."Best players" that means its a rough guide...cuz even the best can get beaten xD
I have seen PRO players lose to a cpt-falcon just cuz they "Never saw that coming"

and thats wrong...no fighting game has a best and worse...its down to personal choice xD
like SC4. one player can get the hang of yoshimitsu and think hes amazing another might not get to grips with the style of his fighting and says hes crap xD

*Hides again* :chuckle:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
WTH ?
..."Best players" that means its a rough guide...cuz even the best can get beaten xD
I have seen PRO players lose to a cpt-falcon just cuz they "Never saw that coming"

and thats wrong...no fighting game has a best and worse...its down to personal choice xD
like SC4. one player can get the hang of yoshimitsu and think hes amazing another might not get to grips with the style of his fighting and says hes crap xD

*Hides again* :chuckle:
you just don't get it :S
I was talking about balnce in fighting games
NEVER are 2 different characters equal, NEVER
it's just impossible

only if they have the same reach/damage/knockback in this game/hitstun/whatever (all this together, wich makes it THE EXACT SAME MOVE) then they are balanced

a fighting game with only one character and one stage is balanced

Edit: and if you saw a 'pro' falcon lose because he didn't saw something coming..he's not a pro

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
you just don't get it :S
I was talking about balnce in fighting games
NEVER are 2 different characters equal, NEVER
it's just impossible

only if they have the same reach/damage/knockback in this game/hitstun/whatever (all this together, wich makes it THE EXACT SAME MOVE) then they are balanced

a fighting game with only one character and one stage is balanced

Edit: and if you saw a 'pro' falcon lose because he didn't saw something coming..he's not a pro
Play guilty gear sometime.
Very very balanced.

Brndn

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the tier list will change...0_0...not likely
Besides even if it doesn't I think the player with the best strategy will win. Btw balance in a game, especially a fighting game, isn't as clear as people think it is. Its obvious that characters do have some advantages over each other, thus the tier list. However the way each player plays varies to much to even form a well supported balance system. Still I agree that many people have too much in accord with the tier list. In a sense "denying" the tier list and thinking that we have the a good chance to beat anyone in Brawl is probably the best way to play Brawl. BUt we can't actually forget the tier list exist, cause it does. It real and shows that characters have evident weaknesses against others, despite skill level.(this doesn't gurantee a win though).

CptAwesome

Smash Rookie
Well said sir.

I agree, that although the list exists, it does not define the winner of a match.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Lol, Captain Flacon.

I'm surprised he was ranked last on the tier list. But of course, it's only the first true version of the list, and is subject to change. I still don't see him making any big moves in the near future though.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
No offense to anyone, but I'm tired of seeing this topic being brought up a million times...
And I'M sick of Falcon being at the bottom. People only keep bringing it up becuase they want this to change. You know that deep down inside we all want this to be different, we wish there was just something that could make him better. These posts are more the case of despiration than trying to be annoying.

Roager

Smash Ace
Dammit, don't necro this. We know Falcon is bottom. Not all of us agree with it, and not all of us like it, but WE ALL KNOW. STOP DISCUSSING IT. Focus on actual metagame, or something constructive.

Top Bottom