• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain "The Beast" Falcon - Champ Combo Video

Charoo

Smash Champion
My last video till around December.

This isn't a video of all my matches. It was just when I played Jmex on 8/21/08. It would take forever to upload them all so I just make this instead real quick. Maybe I'll release one with all my vids possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC7itRokgeY

Again, good luck to all the Falcon mainer. You guys can do it. Don't forget to pick Sagat aka Douglas in disguise when you play SF4. Tiger crush/Falcon punch ftw!!!

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I love alot of your spikes in that vid! It showed me that there is more of a hit box to Dair than I thought. What a beast.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I love alot of your spikes in that vid! It showed me that there is more of a hit box to Dair than I thought. What a beast.
DK's a big target, especially with his arms extended out in his up-B. It hasn't changed my views on DAir. I was surprised at the lack of reverse UAirs offstage though. I find them relatively easy to land, and you get the proper facing for a good-DI up-B, which you can often even land on them if they airdodged the UAir. It even has the potential that if they airdodge through you (towards the stage) you might be able to pull off a knee straight away, although that's just speculation.

Charoo

Smash Champion
DK's a big target, especially with his arms extended out in his up-B. It hasn't changed my views on DAir. I was surprised at the lack of reverse UAirs offstage though. I find them relatively easy to land, and you get the proper facing for a good-DI up-B, which you can often even land on them if they airdodged the UAir. It even has the potential that if they airdodge through you (towards the stage) you might be able to pull off a knee straight away, although that's just speculation.
You do know right that DK is one of the hardest character to edge guard in the game. Not even metaknight can edge guard him that easily. His up+b have insane priority. Up air can't hit DK because his up+b beats anything that comes in horizontally. The only area that DK can be hit is directly on top of his head. You can hit him under it too but the chances of that happening is very unlikely since u're under him and now u can't spike him. Letting go of the edge to spike DK is extremely hard to do. If you don't time it right then he will grab it first.

Back then, I could never spike him because I would do it too soon and hit his hand instead. That doesn't work because the hand spinning beats falcon's stomp.

It just seem easy because we play each other so much. So I know the spacing for it now. If I release a video of me edge guarding peach then people will say it's easy when we all know that it's almost impossible to edge guard her. Yet, I am able to because I play Edrees so much.

Down air range isn't that good but if you have a target you want to aim for exclusively, then it's easier to land it.

splat5

Smash Rookie
that triple knee to up-b gave me a tiny orgasm in my eyes when i saw it

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
The triple knee was good. Only real complain is that the matches were all from one person you were familiar with. :/

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
The triple knee was good. Only real complain is that the matches were all from one person you were familiar with. :/
What's wrong with playing someone you know? It's good practice if the person has a good character or knows what they're doing. And I know if I did 50+ matches with one person, I'd want to make a compilation of all the kills rather than uploading every match. :chuckle:

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with playing someone you know? It's good practice if the person has a good character or knows what they're doing. And I know if I did 50+ matches with one person, I'd want to make a compilation of all the kills rather than uploading every match. :chuckle:
Because you learn each other styles. Then you take advantage of it. Fighting random people shows that you can pull off those moves on anyone. Not to say it isn't good practice but its not good vid material generally.

Not to mention it was 2 characters the whole vid for th opposite player. >.>

Iwan

Smash Ace
Reverse UAirs offstage don't do anything against DK, his Up B will completely and utterly **** any chance at using them effectively. Jmex is a good DK player; he would punish CF for using that. Even if you sweetspot a tipman spike (reversed UAirs), DK's recovery has super armor, which is going to eat up any reversed UAirs and also do a lot of damage.

And DK's a big target, but it's still one of the hardest matchups for Falcon. It's a terrible matchup for Captain Falcon.

Trust Champ knows his matchups.

Because you learn each other styles. Then you take advantage of it. Fighting random people shows that you can pull off those moves on anyone. Not to say it isn't good practice but its not good vid material generally.
You're right that if you play someone all the time you learn how they play and what they tend to do.

But it's not like he only ever plays Jmex

Charoo

Smash Champion
it's like anything in life, the environment shapes you. Playing with Jmex shapes my style to be aggressive. Playing defensive doesn't really work on DK when he out range you in everything haha. So you jsut gotta run in and **** that monkey with a tumor on his head.

Yeah we play so much that we know the exploits of each other. He always does a ledge hop to get up so I always go for a spike. I usually rolls in so he would space himself to forward smash me. If I shield then I go back to the ledge and repeat it over and over. I know his style so much that I can probably write a "how to beat Jmex" guide haha.

The people you play with will developed your style. Just don't get stuck in it or else you mgiht get owned by other people who jsut so happen to do well against that style.

Also, I play with pretty much about every1 in socal. I usually have to switch my style base on who I play. Fighting meta knight and then dk is completely different haha.

I would love to see Jmex fight another falcon player. Edrees (who I play with almost as much as Jmex) 3 stocked all the falcon he played at axis haha.

btw, check out SS vids in the other thread. He's very good at reacting. A good example of defensive falcon to my offensive falcon. The ying and yang haha.

Iwan

Smash Ace
it's like anything in life, the environment shapes you. Playing with Jmex shapes my style to be aggressive. Playing defensive doesn't really work on DK when he out range you in everything haha. So you jsut gotta run in and **** that monkey with a tumor on his head.

Yeah we play so much that we know the exploits of each other. He always does a ledge hop to get up so I always go for a spike. I usually rolls in so he would space himself to forward smash me. If I shield then I go back to the ledge and repeat it over and over. I know his style so much that I can probably write a "how to beat Jmex" guide haha.

The people you play with will developed your style. Just don't get stuck in it or else you mgiht get owned by other people who jsut so happen to do well against that style.

Also, I play with pretty much about every1 in socal. I usually have to switch my style base on who I play. Fighting meta knight and then dk is completely different haha.

I would love to see Jmex fight another falcon player. Edrees (who I play with almost as much as Jmex) 3 stocked all the falcon he played at axis haha.

btw, check out SS vids in the other thread. He's very good at reacting. A good example of defensive falcon to my offensive falcon. The ying and yang haha.
haha, Edrees has such a sick peach, not surprised there.

Peach should be higher on the tier list, btw.
/random

Top Bottom