• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capture images frame by frame

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Hey all :) So I'm learning javascript and I decided to make a project using super smash bros. I want to be able to make my own page for seeing each character's hitboxes for all their moves. My problem is I don't know of a way I can take screenshots frame by frame; so is a capture card what I need? I've been seeing a lot of recommendations for Elgato and that's probably what I might get if I don't find anything better with more research.

If a capture card isn't the device what is?

Thanks!

Fooni

Smash Rookie
NNID
FooniVentes
3DS FC
4399-2109-4287
Hey all :) So I'm learning javascript and I decided to make a project using super smash bros. I want to be able to make my own page for seeing each character's hitboxes for all their moves. My problem is I don't know of a way I can take screenshots frame by frame; so is a capture card what I need? I've been seeing a lot of recommendations for Elgato and that's probably what I might get if I don't find anything better with more research.

If a capture card isn't the device what is?

Thanks!
Elgato is not compatible with 3DS unfortunately or any handheld consoles sorry to say.
3DS have its own capture card. Here is a link so you can learn more about it.
http://3dsgamecapture.com/
I never ordered one before so i do not know if this is the right website. I do know there are other manufactures.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
Elgato is not compatible with 3DS unfortunately or any handheld consoles sorry to say.
3DS have its own capture card. Here is a link so you can learn more about it.
http://3dsgamecapture.com/
I never ordered one before so i do not know if this is the right website. I do know there are other manufactures.
Thanks for the reply. I'm just planning to capture on the Wii-U. That should be fine right?

Top Bottom