• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cardfight!! Vanguard

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Any smashers play this game? It's my current addiction.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kojikatsuya

Smash Rookie
Hey, a Tucson Vanguard fighter! Yeah, I just got into it about a month ago. I'm running a Gold Paladin deck.

finalark

SNORLAX
I watched the show when it came out in Japan a long *** time ago. I remember it playing like a combination between the Pokemon TCG, Duel Masters and Magic.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
idk about duel masters but i see no real similarity between this and pokemon or magic

in other news, i picked up weib schwarz like the *** i am

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
How is weib? The second I saw msln cards I was like "best tcg ever."

The az scene is really picking up.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Bing

Smash Master
heh,I just got into to, what sucks is that I cant find a single store in my region that sells cards so I have to buy tons when I go to Toronto. Currently running a Oracle Think Tank deck and using the trial Narukami deck which is actually pretty good.

I want a NovaGrappler deck based around Stern Blaukruger.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
a guy at our uni taught me to play vanguard with a...tsukuyomi deck? not sure

still not particularly pumped about the game, seems like it could be fun though

weib schwarz is so ridiculously luck-based it's fun, trial decks beating constructed decks all day

Bing

Smash Master
ahhh good ole Oracle Think Tank's. Love 'em.

But I also love Magic, I play a lot of both actually. I just started both games about a month and a half ago, because of my resources its been mostly magic. I posted my deck in the Magic thread asking for advice on my deck.No one responded

Get@Will

Smash Champion
well, i'll be heading to seattle for regionals tomorrow. i'll post about it if anyone's interested LOL.

inb4 SDD wins. AGAIN.

Bing

Smash Master
I went to the Toronto Regionals.Myy OTT deck grabbed me 4th. I feel like I could have done a bit better, I lost to the eventual winner :p

Anyways so I built a new Gold Paladin deck, just wondering if I could get some opinions on it.

So I have two sets of triggers because I'm not sure which set I want to use, I like having the ability to stand my units and have a large hand size but I don't want to hurt my deck by not having the heal/Critical triggers. Thoughts?

Grade 0 - 17
1 Grassland Breeze, Sagramore
4 Silent Punisher Critical
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion Draw
4 Fortune Bell Stand
4 Elixir Sommelier Heal

Or

1 Grassland Breeze Sagramore
4 Fortune Bell Stand
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion Draw
2 Falcon Knight of the Azure. Draw
2 Greeting Drummer Stand
2 Elixir Sommelier Heal
2 Silent Punisher Critical

Grade 1 - 15
4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4 Halo Shield Mark
2 Precipice Whirlwind, Sagramore
2 Charjgal
2 Blessing Owl
1 Silver Fang Witch

Grade 2 - 11
3 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
2 Gigantech Commander
4 Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion
2 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane

Grade 3's - 7
Battlefield Storm, Sagramore x4
Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel x2
Satellitefall Dragon x2
Great Silver Wolf, Garmore x1

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Anyone reason as to why you play Sagramore as your SVG? You do have 2 Ezels in there, so Kryph sounds more ideal. I mean, I'd take a +1 over a guaranteed -1 any day.

I don't like the Gigantech Commanders in your G2 lineup since the condition isn't really guaranteed like some other cards (ex. Mocha's 4 cards in hand, or PWB in that your opponent needs to have 3 damage or more). Spike Bros, SDD, and sometimes RP can easily have equal or more field presence than you.

Bing

Smash Master
My main goal as a vanguard g3 is ezel lol. Sagramore is just... Insurance. And I mean gigantech is temporary until some more powerful units come out. At this stage my main concern is the triggers

:phone:

Like I said, these cards are the best I could come up with so if you could be more specific as to what I could do... I have a tournament in a few hours

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Your deck is super bad ill post real fixes later when I can type

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Oh, I meant the grassland breeze sagramore as your starting vanguard is a bit odd lol. G3 Sagramore is fine, especially if you don't have more Garmores.
I would take our Satellitefall Dragon for Gigantech Destroyer. Satellitefall Dragon's effect, to be quite honest, terrible l0l. You have to play a G3 onto your board every turn for it to gain power. Gigantech Destroyer slaughters it in terms of consistency. Plus, boosting it with a Gareth lets it hit 20k to punish those 10k vanguards.

The G0 Sagramore is always a -1, since after you ride a G1 over it, it doesn't move back. Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph is a much better choice, especially if Ezel is gonna be the focus of your deck. It can potentially keep you from being grade stuck with its ability to superior ride Ezel by moving a Beaumains and Gareth to the soul.

That said, to increase your chance of being able to superior ride (if you want to), i would suggest you max out the number of Beaumains in your deck. 10k beats is always nice to have, and it's easy to boost for magic numbers.

Tripp is a good choice to put into your deck. its ability is not the best, but I still like it better than Gigantech. You could argue that Gigantech can hit 11k vanguards unboosted, but in the late game it won't really matter since they will probably play the same amount of units on the board as you. Tripp still has a chance to potentially unflip some damage for you to BREAK THROUGH THE LIMITS with Ezel or Garmore, or even boost that Sagramore for extra power.

As for your G1 lineup, it seems pretty good. I would take out Blessing Owl though. Its ability is a bit mediocre, especially since, if you guard with it, you lose a booster. Sleygal Dagger is a good choice since it's ability is actually pretty good. You can activate it as many times as you want, providing you can pay the cost, before you attack. So if you're going for those game-ending pushes, it might be what you need.

TBH, there's not much variety in GP builds l0l. A Typical deck would look something like this:

G0: 17
Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph
Crit x 8
Draw x 4
Heal x 4

G1: 14
Gareth x 4
PG x 4
Sleygal Dagger x 4
Charjgal x 2

G2:
Beaumains x 4
Trip x 4
Nemean Lion x 2
Vivianne x 2

G3: 7
Ezel x 2
Garmore x 3-4
Gigantech Destoyer x 1-2

Bing

Smash Master
Unfortunately what I posted is all I really have right now, like the only real changes I could do are max the beaumains, atleast out of the ones you posted. I'm in Toronto today so I'm going to try and get kryph as my top priority, plus I can change out the sattellitefall dragons for Sagramore and or double sleygal

Like I actually don't have any more grade 0 gold paladins...

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Sup guys. Just got back from regionals. Was a long day, but man it was fun.

Made it to the center with plenty of time to spare with my team. Registration was a bit slow, even though all of us pre-registered. Got my Knight of Steel Blade, Caradoc and a goodie bag, which consists of: WCQ deck box, a storage box with the Vanguard circle logo on it, a sample booklet including the 1st chapter of the Vanguard manga, a pamphlet for other Bushiroad games, and a Vanguard ballpoint pen.

Wrote out my decklist, which was a pain because a lot of cards have long names, PLUS you also have to write out card/set numbers. If you are using two same-name cards but they're from different sets (i.e. TD01 Blaster Blade and BT01 Blaster Blade), you have to write them out separately.

Speaking of decks, this is what I chose to pilot today:

Grade 3: 7
4 King of Knights, Alfred
3 Swordsman of the Explosive Flames, Palamedes

Grade 2: 11
4 Blaster Blade
4 Knight of Tribulations, Galahad
3 Knight of Silence, Galatin

Grade 1: 15
4 Little Sage, Marron
4 Flash Shield, Iseult
4 Knight of Quests, Galahad
3 Lake Maiden, Lien

Grade 0: 17
4 Yggdragsil Maiden, Elaine (Heal)
4 Future Knight, Llew (Critical)
4 Bringer of Good Luck, Epona (Critical)
4 Alabaster Owl (Critical)

No, I didn't choose to play the SSD build. Why? Don't like it. Simple as that. I wanted to keep my deck as straight forward as possible, and this is what I came up with.

After turning my decklist in, I got to meet Dr. K (no, not Dr. O for those of you who watch the anime). Before round 1 began, they made an announcement and informed us that the turnout was 200+ people.

It was rock, paper, scissors to determine who would go first. Dice were not allowed to be used which was strange to me. Let's see how this goes...

Round 1: vs. ...Bye!
I got a bye first round. Not complaining.

1-0

Round 2: vs. Spectral Duke
I lost rock, paper, scissors and was hoping that he wouldn't be playing SDD. Jynxed myself completely. He missed the ride chain, so things were looking up for me. He misplayed a number of times, choosing not to expend an easy 5k shield to block some attacks which lead him to taking early damage. As game progressed, I ride Alfred and set up a 21k column with Palamedes (OP). After that, it was just generic my-Palamedes-gonna-take-15k-from-your-hand-for-no-good-reason shenanigans, and he couldn't defend after 2 turns.

2-0

Round 3: vs. EzelMore
Another GP. Fun. I was a little happier seeing Krynx as the starting vanguard rather than Vortimer. This entire game was extremely weird because neither of us checked ANY triggers. It was just a battle of who can defend longest. But seriously guys, Palamedes OP. 'Nuff said.

3-0

Round 4: vs. EzelMore
Variety, variety, variety. This guy checked ALOT of triggers, any my hand didn't really allow me to guard as much as I wanted to. Though I did get lucky when he decided to no guard my vanguard attack when he was at 3 damage and I double crit him for game. Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

4-0

Round 5: vs. Narukami
WOWzers. This guy was good at the game. And by that I obviously mean he knew how to check triggers when they mattered. And when I say mattered I mean to say all the time. I tried to guard as much as my hand would allow me to, but in the end, the triggers got to me. First lost of the day =/

4-1

Round 6: vs. Spectral Duke
What did you expect? A clan other than GP? Not much to say here. I got grade stuck at 2, and he just Spectral Duked my ***. He was a really nice guy and kept apologizing for it being such a bad game. It's all good though.

4-2 and eliminated

So I was eliminated in round 6 (there were 7 rounds total). Sucks to have gone out by being grade stuck, but what can you do? Made top 32 cut with another team mate of mine who was also eliminated at this point.

There were a number of people did NOT get eliminated but still didn't make Top 8 because of tiebreakers, including a good friend of mine. He played well, but was screwed by his first round loss. Oh well.

Top 4 breakdown:
EzelMore Gold Paladins
Spectral Duke Dragon Gold Paladins
Tsukuyomi Oracle Think Tank
Narukami (my team mate!)

Top 4 matchups:
EzelMore vs. Tsukuyomi (EzelMore wins)
Spectral Duke vs. Narukami (team mate wins!)

Finals:
EzelMore vs. Narukami (Some real life Kai vs. Aichi **** going down. In the end however.... teammate wins!!!)

Very close friend and team leader ends up winning the tournament. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn son.

PROPS:
Doing "reasonably" well for my first tournament
Having a lot of fun
Free cards in the side event
Close friend won
Very smoothly-run tournament. Thanks, Bushiroad!
Met some very awesome people today
Getting to meet Dr. K in person

SLOPS:
Losing a game due to bad luck

NOTE: Info for all the people planning to play in the other qualifiers:
-There is NO LUNCH BREAK. You will have to bring your own lunch and eat between rounds.
-On the deck registration sheet, you have to write out the WHOLE card/set number. Like BT01/001EN. You have to do this for EVERY card.
-In round 1, everyone is divided into four blocks (A, B, C, D), so you only play against others in the same block. After 2-3 rounds, two and two blocks will merge together, then into one megablock in round 6 or so. If you are part of a team, try to get into different blocks so you don't risk facing each other early on.
-Even if you go X-1, you still MIGHT NOT make Top 8 depending on which round you got your loss. Tiebreakers suck. The only counter to this is to go as long as possible before getting your first loss. Or don't lose at all, rather.
-In the side event, you have to log down the TIME you started and finished playing each opponent. So you can't just walk up and say "I played four times, gimme my promos plz".
-Ask me any questions if you want more info.

Good day was good.

Bing

Smash Master
Yesterday I was in a small tournament, 32 entrants. 4 blocks of 8. I finished at 7-1 getting me second in my block. But only the top 1 made it out. I tied with first but it came down to who took more damage, and that was me.

I made a few small changes. Couldn't find any good cards in the shops so I bought a few packs.

Now using flame of victory as my SVG. removed the satellite dragons for a Holy Mage, Manawydan and a Skeygal Double Edge(who I don't like for the record)

I'll post me details tomorrow when I have access to a computer

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Now using flame of victory as my SVG

Wouldn't recommend using a trigger as your starter, especially since it doesn't get the OTT/Angel Feather treatment of going back into the deck. Plus, it's a crit. A CRIT SON. Best trigger in the game. Don't waste it by using it as SVG. I'd just stick with the G0 Sagramore til you can get a Kryph.

If you have a hobby shop near you, I'm pretty sure you can just buy it off someone. They're like $1 max.

So this is what you've been up to...I played this game and got ***** lmao
sup

also, Mexico Qualifier results:
1. Narukami (BANDWAGON COMING?)
2. Nova Grappler
3. Gold Paladin
4. Royal Paladin (FINALLY)

Bing

Smash Master
Yo Nova Grapplers whattttt. <3

Also, Vanguard isnt sold in my region. I have to go to Toronto to purchase cards, this past weekend I looked in all the card shops that sold Vanguard. I looked through all there seperate stuff, purchased a few minor things from there, mostly for my Nova Grappler deck. Then bought 8 packs of Breaker of Limits. Nothing. Most useful things I got from the packs were Victory of flame and some useful Granblue, Angel Feather and Nova Grappler units.

In 40 cards I got 1 Narukami card... its the new SVG in that deck... so now its not 100% trial deck.

Also Like I said I entered a tournament on Saturday Morning. I tried asking around if anyone had a Kryph there.. weird only 1 other person had spare cards with them, and only 1 other person used GP. Lots of Narukami decks. 3 Megacolony's. It was weird.

Odd to say, the turnout was more then the Canadian Qualifer. Qualifer had 17, this had 32.

Like I mentioned earlier. 4 blocks of 8. top 1 advances. Then it was Semi's and Finals.(I thought for sure top 2 atleast would make it out)

So I lost to the guy who played 1st in my first match. He used Narukami. Final damage was 7-5(Drew two Criticals on his final twin drive.)

Games 2 and 3 Were against OTT decks, one was based around CEO and another was a Moon deck. Won both pretty easily at 6-3 damage.

Game 4 was interesting as this person was using a MegaColony deck and I had never played against one of these. Still won pretty handily, guy got stuck on Grade 2.

Game 5. This guy was also using a Narukami deck,he was undefeated at 4-0.I was 3-1. I managed to beat this guy 6-5. Was a really fast game, we both got stuck on grade 2. But Beamains is a beast. And Nemean was helpful with the 10k intercepts. The two criticals on two straight turns after he didnt guard my attack didnt help him either.

Game 6: An Angel feather deck. This went pretty smooth, was a stantard fight that ended in a Blond Ezel Limit Break. Turned a Garmore. Attacked with my Nemeans boosted by Nimue, then attacked with Garmore boosted by Nimue2. Then attacked with Ezel boosted by Gareth. Drew a Stand trigger, all effects to Garmore.End Game

Game 7. Okay this match was against a Gran Blue deck(Fun lol) but what was interesting about this Round, was that the current standing were:

Narukami 1 6-0
Me 5-1
Narukami 2 5-1

Narukami 2 beat Narukami 1 tying us all up at 6-1.

Round 8 the three of us won leaving it to be a 3 way tie to see who makes it out. After the dust was settled and they did the math. Narukami 1 made it out because he took less damage then me.(My opponent used a Royal Paladin deck btw)

Oh well I did a lot better then I figured I would. The guy who knocked me out finished 3rd overall.So Im not mad.It was a good tournament, and I know some tweeks that I need to make.

Top 4 Were:

1. Narukami
2. Oracle Think Tank
3. Narukami
4. Gran Blue. <-- I really enjoyed watching this guy play, we played a friendly after, he won but it was a good game, I have a hard time against Gran Blue's...

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Diet Kageros

Diet Kageros everywhere

GJ on tourney dude. More than 1 person playing Megacolony kinda blew my mind l0l

Bing

Smash Master
There was only 2 Royals. 3 GPS. Like 7 narukamis. Gran blue was pretty common too.

Also do any of you guys know any websites I could orders cards from? I want to make either Dimensional police or Stern Blaukruger deck.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Cardfight op is so bad.

*****s need to do at least 2/3 per set to mitigate the random. In az we always do full sets.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Don't think there isn't a place that doesn't do FT2. Qualifiers did 1 game because of "time-constraints", since there are people who need 15 minutes to decide whether or not they should guard when they're at 5 damage and have 3 cards in hand.

real

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so after looking at the 3 sites you posted...both decks would be impossible seeing as none of them sell cards from the booster set containing the cards needed for either deck. The best I can do is get about 6 dimensional Police cards(That atleast include Super Daiyusha) and for the Stern deck... every Blau card is in the same set as all the Demo Police. So I could make a Grappler deck, running off of the Beast Deity series, and just make the changes when I can get my hands on the Blau series cards. I can also grab some Raizer cards(Battle and Turbo)

I dunno,any thoughts?

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Doesn't Blaukruger come in set 5 (correct me if I'm wrong)? You'll be waiting a year until that comes out, so building Nova Graps while waiting doesn't sound too bad. Good deck is good.

Getting Daiyushas early MIGHT be ideal, since ******s are gonna sell high when the cross ride comes out 4746365389 years later. If it's just for fun, then the Daiyushas might be a good investment. If you wanna play competitive, you might wanna wait til later for their new ride chain. SO GOOD.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
crossride is so cash. im enjoying pooping on people on byond.

best of 1 is bs. if a several hundred person ygo regional can be done by 6 pm doing 2/3 then ****ing vanguard can do it too for like 50 people.

---------------------

Will gimmie yo msn addy.

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so Super Daiyusha and a few decent other Dimensional Police cards are already out. Yes Super Daiyusha came out in set 5. However Ultimate Daiyusha as well as a large group of other Dimensional Robos are coming out on the 22nd in the new Blue Storm Armada packs :D

Ultimate Robo Daiyusha. Blue Armada. Grade 3
Dimensional Robo Daidragon Grade 2
Operator Girl,Mika Grade 2
Dimensional Robo, Dailander Grade 1
Dimensional Robo, Goyusha Grade 0
(1)Soldier of Destiny, Dai

This is all thats confirmed... I dont remember if I finished going through it...

On the Cardfight Vanguard Wiki there were like 5-8 blank spots listed as Dimensional Police.

Bing

Smash Master
I've decided that Im going to go for a Stern deck. I like both effects and how both series play out, but I prefer the Stern rides at stuff like that. I was tempted to try a crossover of both... but it just wouldnt work. Way too many negatives.... Now to find a place online to sell me the cards....

Top Bottom