• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I know that, but from what I've seen he's never done it. Just jab, dd grab. He COULD bait the spot dodge, but from every vid I saw, he only dd's once, meaning the spot dodge would be appropriate.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I'll put it into picture format:

This is sexy.

Another thing when recovering is that Most Marths will stay at tipper range away from the edge. If you recover just a bit further away from the ledge, you won't get hit. That's how most Marths dodge it. If you're brave enough, you can try to edgeguard at non tipper range.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I know that, but from what I've seen he's never done it. Just jab, dd grab. He COULD bait the spot dodge, but from every vid I saw, he only dd's once, meaning the spot dodge would be appropriate.
But he *could* do that, so people don't spot dodge immediately, because they're afraid they'll be punished harder for it (maybe even usmash ****).

Or he's just psyching them out and they lost control and have no idea what to do. :psycho:

@Frostbye: That's like really risky though, if they stand a bit closer to the edge. I guess I'd do that occasionally to mix it up, but most times I'd rather rely on ledgeteching.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
probably because he only needs to dd once. if they're just sitting there in their shields then he only needs to dd and come back and do whatever. usually once is all you need.

SaveTheQueen

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone,

Here's my question I'm having a lot of trouble vs peach as of lately, this peach player is very good but I was just wondering if you had any little tricks you could share with me or anything of that sort I'm just looking to try out some new stuff vs Peach because I keep getting my *** handed to me ^^ thanks again.

SaveTheQueen

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hello everyone,

Here's my question I'm having a lot of trouble vs peach as of lately, this peach player is very good but I was just wondering if you had any little tricks you could share with me or anything of that sort I'm just looking to try out some new stuff vs Peach because I keep getting my *** handed to me ^^ thanks again.

SaveTheQueen
Put your sig up already lol. I pmed it to you.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm just gonna ignore the song and ask the question. Cactuar, I saw you do some crazy DI out of Sheik's Dthrow that let you go downward and to the side so that Sheik couldn't tilt or slap you. How did you do it?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna ignore the song and ask the question. Cactuar, I saw you do some crazy DI out of Sheik's Dthrow that let you go downward and to the side so that Sheik couldn't tilt or slap you. How did you do it?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if he went downward and to the side, he DI'd downward and to the side.

Since throws (except Jiggs' fthrow i think) have no hitstun, you can only do regular DI, which makes DI'ing throws much easier.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Cactuar you should come to this humongous tournament in Washington. It's called the Dan 2 and PC Chris, Mango, and many other OOS'ers are going to try their best to make it, take a look:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119088

You should come and we can like mm and stuff ^_^
Orrrrr

You could go to FS2 (Final Smash 2) in texas...which will be a bigger tournament then The Dan, with 8-9 states already saying they are attending. It's also MLK weekend so it's easier to travel, and you can hang out with me again :). MM's of course are always welcome ^_^. I think I already pmed you about it though XD.

Just go to both? And drag M2K along with you :).

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128277

Chip.

you know what to do
Orrrrr

You could go to FS2 (Final Smash 2) in texas...which will be a bigger tournament then The Dan, with 8-9 states already saying they are attending. It's also MLK weekend so it's easier to travel, and you can hang out with me again :). MM's of course are always welcome ^_^. I think I already pmed you about it though XD.

FS2 = lame

Dan2 will be greater seriously sup ggz no re

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
FS2 = lame

Dan2 will be greater seriously sup ggz no re
...wtf. I never said dan 2 was lame. I even said he should go to both.

Dan2 only has like 50 something people from the list lol. Fs2 will easily have over 100 with over 8 different states attending...how is that lame?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
I'm having some trouble spacing. I know that I hsould use marth's range to his advantage, but if I space so that everything tips, I can never combo (except vs. FF's) becuase the tipped Fair sends them too high or other moves too far away. Can you give me basic spacing tips for marth?
Can someone answer my question, please?

Chip.

you know what to do
...wtf. I never said dan 2 was lame. I even said he should go to both.

Dan2 only has like 50 something people from the list lol. Fs2 will easily have over 100 with over 8 different states attending...how is that lame?

lmao
don't take interwebz talk to seriously
I was kidding. Because FS2 is going to be big and awesome and not lame, I'm sure, but. . .

It doesn't just matter how many states are coming or the number of people but how good the people are that are coming from those states

I see Cort, Mango and Californians, and very few other notable names going to FS2 while. . .

Dan 2 has PC Chris, Mango and SoCal, NorCal, all of Washington, the RETURN of SKYPAL, BC Canada, and much more

Plus Dan 2 is going to get bigger; our goal is to have somewhere over 150 people
Yeah, convince Texas to come to Dan 2: the second to the LAST tournament before Brawl

Dan2 isa' **** sum shiz

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I have been experimenting with my game I'm slowly learning all his stuff, but I heard you can combo into reverse dolphin slash.

Anyone care to share some set ups for that wonderful up b?

I'm gonna go turn on my cube and see if I can figure some out on my own, but any help would be appreciated.
Honestly, unless the person is at really high percent or they are off stage in your combo and too high to dair them, using upb is just for show. It won't really make your game better, as almost every situation that you can use it, there is a better move to do.

That being said, I bait them into spot dodging and upb them. Or I just finish a normal fair combo with it if they are over the stage. It can be worked in wherever a normal move would go most of the time.

could you tell me where you got the clips for your Signature, because that one scene in American psycho literally made me LOLL. Fricken Christian bale man always getting the honeys
Someone sent me links to them, dunno who made them.

can anyone tell me ways to capture people in the up b by dolpin slash. thanxx
Think I answered this already. It's all about pressure. Or just finishing a combo with it.

I wouldn't expect you too, I wasn't good enough to be rememberable.

Same reason why I'm getting a Marth to fight Fox, cause Fox v Sheik is just intolerable for me. This thread is too good =)

I too would be really interested in hearing about the more subtle aspects of Marth v Peach. I hear either Marth ***** Peach or Peach is pretty close / even to Marth (I'm more inclined to believe the latter), but any insight would be appreciated
I don't know about any subtle aspects really. If they float, hit them. If they pull turnips, rush at them and hit them. If they throw turnips, avoid catching/getting hit by the turnip and hit them. When they have 80-100 percent, grab and fthrow wavehitthem.

Do you have any tips against fighting Link?
I think I covered this once before, but basically, Link is all about projectile spam into moves. Know how to deal with each projectile accordingly. Arrows: Either hit the arrow and cancel it or avoid it. Boomerangs: This is their biggest weakness projectile IMO. You want them to be throwing this. So you can hit it, then punish them. Bombs: Their best projectile IMO, avoid it. Pressure when they hole themselves up with a bomb by throwing it up.

sorry, i couldn't read through the whole thread but is there any place on marth's sword that is better for juggling using fairs? like medium fallers.
Meh, it's best to tip most characters for juggles at no/low/mid percents. At super low percents, if you don't tip, they will be able to stop your combo and hit you.

Um... Cactuar can you make me better at Marth Dittos... i don't swing my sword guud enuff :(
Just swing it more. Practice makes perfect. :laugh:

What do you do when you dthrow a Sheik near the edge and they don't DI away like they're "supposed" to? If you try to wd back and fast fall the ledge they can rise up and slap you before, and if you lay back they don't have to jump so they won't run into a fsmash or something.
If they DI back, you have enough time to wavedash onto the edge to grab the invincibility. I usually do that then immediately jump up and nair. If they up-b, the first hit of the nair usually cancels the hitbox from their upb, and the second one hits them.

A friend of mine also counters at the ledge when the sheiks come up into aerials. It's kinda ok. I still would say go for a spike or a f-smash though.

But I actually have a question. In Marth dittos on FoD when I go for the sweetspot I still get f-smashed ledgeguarded. The hitbox seems to go through the stage and hit me. I sweetspot consistently on the other stages and don't usually get edgeguarded like this so I'm a bit confused.

Does anybody else have this problem, and do you have any thoughts to help me on this Cactuar?
In addition to the nifty hitbox of the fsmash making it near impossible to sweetspot upb vs Marth on any stage, FoD has a slightly lower on stage area than the edge, making it truly impossible to sweet spot vs someone standing in that area.

So does anyone wanna elaborate on the peach matchup for marth? I know that marth is supposed to do very well in this but I really have a hard time against my friend's peach.
I cover this a lot. Look around for posts by me on the subject.

I have a fox question lol, but I'll just post it here, sorry if anyone gets mad. M2K's fox does this thing where he jabs the opponent's shield, then dd's away, dd's back in and grabs them. It seems kind of obvious, so why don't they just spot dodge the grab? I know there's gotta be a reason why it works so well.
People are afraid to do anything that would leave them lagged vs M2K. He death combos. Knowing your opponent can do that is scary as hell. Honestly, it's a better idea to wavedash backwards away from him than to spotdodge.

Hello everyone,

SaveTheQueen
I go over this topic a lot. Look around for posts by me on the subject.

I'm having some trouble spacing. I know that I hsould use marth's range to his advantage, but if I space so that everything tips, I can never combo (except vs. FF's) becuase the tipped Fair sends them too high or other moves too far away. Can you give me basic spacing tips for marth?
Tipped fairs are for low percents. Mid hit fairs are for higher percents. There isn't really a lot of advice I can give on this, as connecting the hits at different percents is also based on how fast you can move out of your aerials. You really just need to play around with it.

I said it's too late, t'a-pa-la-gize.... it's TOO LAAAAAAAATE.
You tell me that you neeeeed me, then you go and cut me doooooown. You tell me that you're soooorry, didn't think I'd turn around... and saaaaaaAAAAAY!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if he went downward and to the side, he DI'd downward and to the side.

Since throws (except Jiggs' fthrow i think) have no hitstun, you can only do regular DI, which makes DI'ing throws much easier.
WoA, be careful about giving DI advice from Sheiks throw as you likely play on PAL.

Actually, Sheik can autocombo a hit out of throw. I'm not sure which vid you saw of me doing that, but my usually DI is either slight left or right so that I can jump out of regrab/usmash, or its full away, then reDI down after I hit peak on momentum. Sheiks that aren't close to frame perfect will miss the hit.

Cactuar you should come to this humongous tournament in Washington. It's called the Dan 2 and PC Chris, Mango, and many other OOS'ers are going to try their best to make it, take a look:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119088

You should come and we can like mm and stuff ^_^
Lol. I'm busy goddammit!

Orrrrr

Lol. I'm busy goddammit!

Can someone answer my question, please?
:laugh: Done

Lixivium

Smash Champion
1) What's the best thing to do to Samus once you grab her?

2) How should you DI if you grabbed by Ganon?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Cactuar how much do you love me?
Less than you will ever know.

1) What's the best thing to do to Samus once you grab her?

2) How should you DI if you grabbed by Ganon?
M2K's advice was pretty sound. I usually u/f/d throw her and just follow up and hit her.

DI'ing Ganon's down throw is tricky, and I'm pretty sure it autocombos regardless of DI. It's really dependent on how far you are from the edge and what aerial of his you are more willing to get hit by.

Will you send me a cheese steak?
Oh I wish I could. You should visit again and I'll buy you one (or 50).

could you get forward some fries with that?
Why would you want to ruin an incredible cheese steak with a side of fries?

how do you know when to cc? whenever i try it I get grabbed.
I just hold down most of the time to be honest. In almost every situation it's better to be DIing into the ground for some reason. You just need experience from playing to really understand it's full uses.

D

Deleted member

why don't you ever come to my events when I invite you.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hey whaddya know what my friend was saying about away DI, plus down DI at the end does work sorta..he was always complaining bitterly about how it works on all his friends except me...now i'm proud, i guess that makes me close to frame perfect;p but only on grabbing marth..i'm not nearly as good at reading other DIs on people besides marth out of sheik's dthrow..i think i've learned the amount of throw lag time better:\ whenever i play someone heavy (aka normals and ganon and teh like) i mess up.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
let me simplify what cactuar said: it's better to hold down because you'll usually either be able to CC or tech-roll instantly into the ground and not be knocked off the stage by say..... a marth ditto weak F smash, or high % down tilt.

tech rolling into the ground right after you get hit is mad useful, I forget how to do it I just do it instinctively so I don't think about what I'm doing rather than just doing it, I just hold down-left or down-right and mash R or something I think. Sometimes use the C stick to "CC smash attack" helps you tech roll. Don't quote me on this though, Magus will just tell you to do some C stick or double stick DI thing, but I just play off instinct because I've been doing it for so long I naturally react the right way from experience.

I didn't even know that I sometimes clawed the controller until that MLG grassroutes tour picture came out.

Brookman

Smash Hero
teching is always better than not teching and going off the stage. I just hit down and r/l trying to like shield or cc grab or something and I just tech a lot of the time now.

it's three gudz

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
can you record your sexy movements you always do after u get a kill and post them on youtube.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
why don't you ever come to my events when I invite you.
Because cactus is a lazy cactus. And you live like 592834759283475 miles away.

can you record your sexy movements you always do after u get a kill and post them on youtube.
Aha, possibly. I really just mess around with momentum from wavedashes and platform dash a bunch.

Just watch Cort's vids, he's all day on "sexy movements after a kill."

Cort and I are one in our sexyness.

Cort

Apple Head
This is true

I just do random weird things just to keep "warm", that is so I have a less chance of messing up technically.

xelad1

Smash Ace
I have a friend who plays fox and DD camps me really well with marth and I'm not sure how to react or how to bait grabs from him, once I get a grab going I can combo pretty well but he knows this and pretty much waits for me to attack or something. So far I can't think of anything except somehow improving my reaction time or playing frame perfect like mew2king, both of which seem out of my reach haha. What is a good strategy to deal with this.

Top Bottom