• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Tero.

Smash Champion
Don't approach.
And if your tech chases aren't good go improve them.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
kk so i dunt approach, camp...thanks!

so there ARENT any combos i can do during early percents?
uhh im going to guess the only way to practice tech chasing is by playin real so thehumans...right?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
kk so i dunt approach, camp...thanks!

so there ARENT any combos i can do during early percents?
uhh im going to guess the only way to practice tech chasing is by playin real so thehumans...right?
You can upthrow and bait the double jump at low %. Leads to a lot of free upair/fair combos.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
As far as tech chases go, prepare for the straight up tech. That's their fastest option, always cover that first. Everything else goes from there.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
They can jump out of uthrow, which can transition into juggles, I guess.

Mostly, I throw them towards the edge, thereby limiting the distances they can travel with their techs.

Turazrok

Smash Master
What should I follow up the uthrow cg with on fox? He's at 30 and since I cged him, there's not gonna be many platforms, or any close by. I would like to know what steps I should take next.

@ Tager boy, TRAINING MODE!!!!!!!!!!!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Chaingrabbing is a no-no in Cactus's thread.

If you really need instructions on how to do it, then just go pull up some m2k vids. Basically. CG, throw in utilts when necessary, keep cging, switch to uair or fair, tipper smash the end.

Best way to practice is against people's foxs and falcos

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thanks alot guys!

last thing, for tech chasing, i should use uthrow right?
lol not really.

from 0 you can get a couple f throws in right away(DI dependant) because falcon wont fall down. For the third one, if you f throw falcon should fall and if he doesnt tech, jab him.

I like you use a combination of fthrows and dthrows to tech chase with because if you mix them up you can mess with their ability to DI the throws and punish it.

Fthrows and down throws can lead to Fsmash tippers or regrabs. Trick them into DIing towards you. And then punish

A very good situation for marth to be in is: you back towards the ledge(about a dreamland platform and a quarter length away) and you having grabbed falcon. Just down throw. Any good falcon(if he thinks he is playing a good marth) will tech right back in front of you. Just regrab and down throw again. Keep this up until they try to trick you by:

A not teching-->you should jab or punish with a forwardsmash

B Tech in place in order to by a little time-->be prepared for it cuz hes wont be hurting you lol. fsmash tipper or grab into fthrow. Fair is a decent mix up. end with an edgeguard.

C Tech away towards the ledge(falcons roll is long so he will get caught by the edge)--->You should space a tipper or regrab into a forward throw, then edgeguard. Dtilt ***** if they DI in at all.

D Get up attack-->they might get you with this one, but use the solution for A or B and you should be fine.

Pretty much you can use any throw to get them to DI into you or jump out and then you can juggle relentlessly. For tech chasing itself forward and down are the best IMO. Your goal is to tech chase them to the edge and punish hard to get them off the stage. With marth it should be pretty easy tho.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
this would be a brutal combo:

center of the stage; grab, fthrow fthrow fthrow (they fall down) jab reset to immediate charged tipper fsmash. edgeguard and hes dead lmao.

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
lol not really.

from 0 you can get a couple f throws in right away(DI dependant) because falcon wont fall down. For the third one, if you f throw falcon should fall and if he doesnt tech, jab him.

I like you use a combination of fthrows and dthrows to tech chase with because if you mix them up you can mess with their ability to DI the throws and punish it.

Fthrows and down throws can lead to Fsmash tippers or regrabs. Trick them into DIing towards you. And then punish

A very good situation for marth to be in is: you back towards the ledge(about a dreamland platform and a quarter length away) and you having grabbed falcon. Just down throw. Any good falcon(if he thinks he is playing a good marth) will tech right back in front of you. Just regrab and down throw again. Keep this up until they try to trick you by:

A not teching-->you should jab or punish with a forwardsmash

B Tech in place in order to by a little time-->be prepared for it cuz hes wont be hurting you lol. fsmash tipper or grab into fthrow. Fair is a decent mix up. end with an edgeguard.

C Tech away towards the ledge(falcons roll is long so he will get caught by the edge)--->You should space a tipper or regrab into a forward throw, then edgeguard. Dtilt ***** if they DI in at all.

D Get up attack-->they might get you with this one, but use the solution for A or B and you should be fine.

Pretty much you can use any throw to get them to DI into you or jump out and then you can juggle relentlessly. For tech chasing itself forward and down are the best IMO. Your goal is to tech chase them to the edge and punish hard to get them off the stage. With marth it should be pretty easy tho.
I read a m2k post aaaaaaages ago that if you have your back to the ledge and you grab that you have enough time to dthrow, turn around dtilt(to cover no tech) and turn around regrab if they tech toward you. If they tech away you fsmash, if they tech in place you dtilt again. I've def seen some good marths do it lately too, i'm pretty sure i've seen cactuar do it once or twice.

IrArby

Smash Ace
I believe it was written intended for spacies but it would definetly work on CF if it works on them as his roll is so slow (or so I'd think).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
it works on anyone who is teching, and not just from a throw.

sometimes you can hit with a nair and chase, dtilt if they miss their tech/tech in place or grab their roll options. if you dtilt you can always turn and cover tech behind, but you can't cover tech away. To cover the tech away you have to not dtilt.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Falcon's tech roll is forty frames. Same speed as everyone else's. Sheesh, people.

And since dtilt is essentially twenty frames, you're in the clear to use it.

I prefer the Dancing Blade when they're behind me, but that's just because it's a little faster, still allows for you to regrab if it misses (mostly) and if it hits, you can send them off. It also covers for upright tech to spot dodge.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I just posted what I do.

everyone has there own style and as long as you get the job done its fine.

there are sooo many options and I encourage ppl to mix it up.

It works for me pretty well so I use it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
bah i see people do the sideb to cover the back option and it makes me cringe!

grab gives you infinitely more reward, and sideb is pretty often DIed out of. not to mention, if you're using it in the dtilt tech trap you're hitting them to the other side of the stage and 1) wont kill and 2) wont have a follow up.

but w/e, to each his own.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I'm not aiming to land the whole Dancing Blade combo. Generally, the first one will miss. The second one misses if they tech roll away, too.

It's just mental pressure, really.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I like to tech chase Falcon to mid percents and then uthrow...bait them to do their jump and then do stuff by keeping them off the ground. I basically rely on baiting the double jump and then ******. Scrub Falcons will jump mid air ALL the time. If its against a good Falcon be smart on tech chases, trick DI, dont play on FD or DL, and dont mess up a single edge guard.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You could be doing more with your grabs. In that first match against Falco, the uthrows could've gone into fsmashes or uairs to fsmashes or even just nairs. The bair is kinduva waste.

If you don't already know the zero to eighty or whatever chaingrab against spacies, you should learn it. If you're not doing it because you think it's lame then... eh, whatever =P

You're letting yourself get cornered too easily. You're just sitting by the ledge, not applying any pressure, waiting for the Falco to move in. This is bad because a) Falco can just camp you and wear down your shield and tack on percentage with lasers and b) Falco pressures exceptionally well even when you're not rooted in one place. So uh, don't. Do that.

I feel like you're banking too much on your opponent's mistakes. Hoping he bites on your shield so you can grab, hoping he messes up shield pressure, hoping he eats your Counter, stuff like that. Which is fine, since you are winning, but if you come up against someone on whom that **** don't fly... you could be in trouble. Just be aware of that stuff. You're sitting in your shield a lot.

I don't know if most of your fsmashes are good ideas. They're kinda... in the middle of the stage, and you really should wait until they're at a higher percentage or they're at the edge to fsmash. Middle of the stage is more geared towards combos, which Marth does well on on Falco (and... a lot of other people). You're landing them, which is cool, but just be aware that there are better options.

Do you play with the Falco a lot? You're doing a lot of things pre-emptively and while they seem to work super well on someone you know thoroughly, it'll get you punished against someone you can't read as easily.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thats my 3rd time playing with that falco. Thats kinda how I tend to edgeguard spacies. I usually have a backup plan but I like to stop them with a jab at the edge. Its quick and I usually still have time to do something else if that fails

spacies move alot and I throw out some fsmashes that may not hit but they may move into it or something. If I get punished its usually with a falco laser.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well there was once where you Countered at the edge and he double jump daired into it... 'cept the Counter was way early. I dunno.

Niko45

Smash Master
Kaostar:

Like elven said ur sitting in shield a lot. You are playing bad players...who don't grab when you shield. They just mindlessly attack shields getting nothing out of it. Trust me I don't blame you for it, since it's working. But it won't work on better players.

In tandem with this, you are not very good out of shield. Work hard hard hard on wavedash OOS and Fair OOS. These are extremely necessary vs Falco and Sheik particularly. Don't get stuck in shield if you put it up. You want to be able to transition smoothly into one of these options, on call, at an instant's notice.

Vs Sheik, crouch crouch crouch. CC grab is really big vs. sheik for stopping jabs, ftilts, and weak bairs at lower percents.

Look for tippers out of up throw vs. spacies and also in general look for them when anybody is on a platform. Tippers are amazing.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Random things that came to mind

You weren't CCing against Sheik. Do it. It will stop tilts, dash attacks, miss spaced bairs, and lead into grabs or fsmashes. You also got hit by her UPB like 93239 times. Shielding is amazing....then regrab or fsmash. You also baired too much and failed on a lot of edge guarding opps. When Sheik is off stage GET ON THE LEDGE and FORCE HER ON STAGE. Then get back up and either throw her off again or fsmash and kill her. Try to keep her on one edge and dont fsmash her at mid %'s to the other side (liek 60-80% because then she'll get back up and mess up your reset. Also, at low percents you should be worshipping u throw to u tilt and if they jump out of it....fair to uair to f smash garbage. get her off stage before 85%

Falco on stage: You're ledge game completely ***** your opponent and I literally think that is the only reason why you won. You countered a lot on stage MADDD RANDOMLY and the Falco did not punish you instead rolled away like he was afraid of your lag. Cool it with the Reverse Up'Bs because you paid dearly in the Sheik match and you got lucky with it when the Falco was recovering on FD.

I mean...its pretty as hell but you should only use it on Spacies when they are below the stage. Even then, an fsmash or simple non tippered fair gets the job done and is much safer.

I liked your grab setups and overall approach to Falco when he was in trouble though. The jab setup is a great option to reset if spaced properly. U airing Falco/spacies is only really good if A-you're chaingrabbing them B-they are on a platform where u tilt does not completely cover it C-They are just above a platform and your u tilt just connected and you need to extend your combo quicker or D-A character is hopping around near the ledge and you want to get them in the air to begin comboing them/grabbing them.

If a spacey is up thrown try using nair at around 80+...its better than uair.

Turazrok

Smash Master
How does one perform a sh-double fair and why would one need to? Or is it like fox's shdl?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
aight ill take that **** into consideration. Ill prob post a vid playing somebody better so most of that stuff will actually need to be done.

thanks *****es

Top Bottom