• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Niko45

Smash Master
X1-12 Marth is one of the hardest characters to SDI out with. Watch any top Marth player, they still get hit by up airs from fox all the time.

Bob Money's post is so on point.

Marth is clearly hitting a low point right now but I'm not giving up on him yet. There were still like 5 Marths in bracket at Pound 4. That's not bad at all.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Marth is still amazing and my favorite character, even though i have to pull out fox in tough matchups.

also, there was almost 2 ICs in bracket, but hochimintrail ****ed up in 2 different sets, game 3 up 2 stocks with only needing to win one of them to make bracket.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
yaa i feel like marth is losing alot of popularity nowadays...:(

anyways a question! i ve been hearing lately that other than the first side B, you should not use any more side Bs when recovering....whys that? is just because that you re more vulnerable to attacks?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Needs moar Marth's!!!!!!!! Marth is an increadibly good character, people just need to learn how to use him better. *MYSELF INCLUDED THOUGH OF COURSE!!!!*

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
what do you guys think about falcon vs marth

ive always thought of it as being slightly in falcon's favor (like, 55/45 or less)

but forward always ***** me with his falcon

and he always tells me its a stupid matchup in his favor

i really really wanna believe otherwise though

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i think marth has the advantage but you really have to be on your game when it comes to DI and breaking combos.

*keeps faith in marf*

???

tee ay eye i love your avatar, such a beast movie
lol yeah

i love my avatar too

violet too good

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Falcon wins.

Falcon can do amazing things on platforms vs marth. If falcon stays below marth the whole match he will dominate it.

marth really has to gain momentum and stay grounded for most the match. Look for holes in dash dancing. go for a dash attack while they are dash dancing. if they are approaching you and SHing then use fair, not nair.

Dtilt is really good too.

Basically grab him, keep grabbing him until you can combo him in the air and edgeguard. Or camp the ledge and gimp or continuously edgeguard him.

I think falcon has the matchup though, his dair setups are amazing especially on platforms.

55-45

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
lol no one commented on how much of a **** comment this was

on falcon: some falcons tend to think they cant do anything to approach "the sword is too long and gay" they say. "Your combos are so easy" they say, when they dont realize that their stage control far exceeds anything marth can wield and that their combos are more guaranteed and much more devastating (potentially) than marth's.

falcon also has better setups and his grabs do much more than marth's

still though, i wouldnt say 55/45 falcon. i think its stage dependent, depending on how much stage control falcon can have over marth. i.e. the more room falcon has to run around, the better

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I feel comfortable playing it both ways.

falcon v marth and marth v falcon.

I think its pretty close to even. Id give falcon a slight advantage in terms of relative ease, but they both can accomplish the same things. Falcons nair just works alot better when marth extends his hitboxes to attack.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Johns...Marth ***** Falcon its like 70-30. All CF has is uthrow and dtrhow knee to guarentee your death. Marths fair beats like everything and if he nairs you jus CC grab. His recovery blows so once hes off the stage its his stock.

I remember Scar last tourny on EC I had to play him and I clearly sandbagged him game 1 to see if he came up with any new trixies but he didnt so I jus ***** him game 2 and then proceeded to **** him on his Counterpick. I also beat Hax in pools at Pound. Falcons regardless of how they say they have no approach will jump into the **** constantly cuz theyre all really agressive as ****.

Sup Hazz. You get the scavenger hunt cuz today is boring as **** for me

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Johns...Marth ***** Falcon its like 70-30. All CF has is uthrow and dtrhow knee to guarentee your death. Marths fair beats like everything and if he nairs you jus CC grab. His recovery blows so once hes off the stage its his stock.

I remember Scar last tourny on EC I had to play him and I clearly sandbagged him game 1 to see if he came up with any new trixies but he didnt so I jus ***** him game 2 and then proceeded to **** him on his Counterpick. I also beat Hax in pools at Pound. Falcons regardless of how they say they have no approach will jump into the **** constantly cuz theyre all really agressive as ****.

Sup Hazz. You get the scavenger hunt cuz today is boring as **** for me
Let me premise this by saying that Scar is a mother ******* BEAST.

...but i think he just has trouble vs marth. He and I went pretty close in our friendlies when his skill is obviously far above mine. I managed to beat him once

they were friendlies, however, and many say that doesnt mean anything. Nevertheless I expected to get ***** each stock and that just never happened

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
**** straight it does Swift. I have no clue how good Scar is at the MU tbh though. I just think Ive gotten significantly better at it from repeatedly losing to him.

Never played SS, probably missed my only chance at Pound but I did see he ***** Strawhat. I know Gmoney played him with Marth and lost 2 close games at some WC tourny a while ago and I think my vs Falcon game is a bit better then G's atm. He'd probably beat me but I think I could make it real interesting

Animal

Smash Lord
all of falcons matchups have seem to decrease in unfairness over the years. I would say this is close to 60-40 marth or 55-45

Niko45

Smash Master
Wow HBK, now we got 70-30 over Falcon? Last week Marth was crap I thought.

Seriously tho, I've been advocating forever that Marth v Falcon is at least even, and more likely in Marth's favor. It's very stage dependent, granted, bc on Dreamland CF just ***** Marth and on YS/FoD Marth ***** CF. You just CC the nair, don't throw out moves for no reason, get him off stage and its done. Watch Strawhat demolish Darkrain for more details.

I also think Scar is weak at the Marth matchup.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Falcon has the advantage on marth, except a good marth can use 1 hit or grab from any percent to lead into a kill while falcon just as better chances to win conflicts and can only use bad DI to combo past 2 hits

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Falcon has the advantage on marth, except a good marth can use 1 hit or grab from any percent to lead into a kill while falcon just as better chances to win conflicts and can only use bad DI to combo past 2 hits
Both of those are reasons for why Marth has the advantage. And the sword goes through nair.

But I'd say its even. Only the best know though

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Ken said back in the days that this match-up is in Marths favor, i think he said it was 60/40 iirc.

As the the metagame has changed since then, i would say it's still in marth's favor tho, but maybe just by a little. Prolly like 55-45 imo, this all depends on the stage/player etc.

But generally, 55-45.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I don't think nair's very good. You're asking to get raptor boosted or grabbed.

Occasionally, at high percents, I try to read double jumps with nair. Retreating nair can also beat side-b, falcon kick, and slow aerials. But it's usually not worth throwing it out there.

I mostly use it when I whiff a fair to cover my retreat.

Top Bottom