• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
if i enter, i would like to be placed against kadaj first round, please.

honestly that would be the only reason i enter. cause i know i wont make top 3 with sushi, pp,kadaj, and stingers entering :/

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if i enter, i would like to be placed against kadaj first round, please.

honestly that would be the only reason i enter. cause i know i wont make top 3 with sushi, pp,kadaj, and stingers entering :/
you have the worst mentality of anyone ive ever seen ever
i'm paying for your entry, stop being so stupid about entering tournaments please

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wow it was a joke alex. but nah, if i do, put me against kadaj first. i hate mm's but i want a serious fight, so that would be the best way.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Falco can shoot more lasers than ROB. Therefore Falco has the advantage.
ROB has an f***in top. I swear its gotta be one of the best edge guards against falco. The only thing I can seem to do is reflector (If I dodge I'm sure to die) and then hope falco's pos upb recovery saves me.

The only other option is to phantasm way above the stage which puts you in a bad position. But it is probly better than trying to go for the edge cause thats when the top gets you.

But yeah, I still think falco takes that matchup. Its just there is a weird chaingrab on ROB and approaching is difficult and I lose my patience jumping up and down shooting lasers. I want to jab and do grabs :(

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol i will stand there and shoot lasers all day, who do you think jon got that from :)

for those who don't get the reference, i mained falco in early and mid 08. and ***** jon all the time cause he was a scrub.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I would not consider characters as getting bracket ****ed. it sucks, but i think it's mostly the opponents skill that f's u over. I could be wrong, idk what others would see has getting bracket ****ed.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
ROB has an f***in top. I swear its gotta be one of the best edge guards against falco. The only thing I can seem to do is reflector (If I dodge I'm sure to die) and then hope falco's pos upb recovery saves me.

The only other option is to phantasm way above the stage which puts you in a bad position. But it is probly better than trying to go for the edge cause thats when the top gets you.

But yeah, I still think falco takes that matchup. Its just there is a weird chaingrab on ROB and approaching is difficult and I lose my patience jumping up and down shooting lasers. I want to jab and do grabs :(
I've never played Jon's falco, but i have played other good (to barely decent) falco's before. With ROB I camp and let them approach me. Falco has alot of moves that out out prioritize mine. I more or less try to punish falco's mistakes in that match-up.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
impossible matchups against atleast half competent players=bracket ****ed

Ganon against Ic's in bracket...even if that ic only knew one chaingrab=bracket ****ed

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
lol I made one approach me at a tournament
does that make them a bad falco?
it probably does
When I play falco I try to do both. Letting my opponent approach me every time kind of let's him/her know how I typically react to an approach which equals punishment. The thing I hate most about brawl is how badly you get ****ed by running at your opponent (with the absence of dash canceling you get ****ed over). And its hard to walk up to rob. So I try to make rob approach and the only time I approach is when he doesn't have a charged top and he has fired his laser very recently. He's outa camping options at that point and he's pretty easy.....just bait the spot dodge to downsmash and you can punish....I prefer shdl -> bdacus approach at that point.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Nah dawg. Ask about my brackets. A ddd player second round forever at everything I've ever gone to

I get bracket bent over
I feel ya, Snap.

I've literally fought Ilove in tourney AT LEAST half a dozen times by now, and Cory a few times. I've been getting a little better against DDD each time, though. We just have to overcome the matchup eventually, I suppose.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'll bet your DDD is better than this one DDD I faced at the first Battleaxe Chronicles, Vilt.

I defeated him with DONKEY KONG.

There's no way I'd get away with that **** on Cory or Ilove. lol

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Any matchup involving a chaingrabber is always more stage-dependent than usual. I could see it as 55/45 or closer in some cases, but most of the time it's 60/40. That chaingrab at any % + that grab reach is just brutal. It's winnable in any case, yeah, but DK has to work his hairy *** off.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Unlce if DK uses Down B it ranges the lenght of TWO D3's front of him lol

That alone is also a big reason DK does well vs Ic's, landing grabs on DK are pretty tough

Your right though imo, but when it comes down to striking and banning it's a safe bet the MU is 55/45 though DK does well pretty much anywhere. The abilty to always have platforms is always there too haha

Jon?

Smash Champion
@ZeldaRox: Top doesn't hit Falco through his side-b unless you hit him during the initial frames of the recovery. Rob's best edgeguard against Falco are his Nair and Bair.

@Keith: I remember standing lasers.

@BlackMantis: Falco will never approach you. Ask Stockfield how the first time I played against him went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom