• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big sleep

չչչ
lol ight... no spoilers...

it's at least entertaining, stingers.. u should check it out. although, having seen the original series years ago made it a little extra exciting i think.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Wait, you are saying that season 3 of avatar was rushed and you didn't think Korra was rushed? What the ****? They threw 2 main characters at you episode 1, two more in episode 2, a few more for each of the next few episodes...the plot was super rushed, the character development was lackluster at best, and when the best character of the show is a non-main character (Lin), there's a problem (IMO). Also, the ending of the season sucked major ****. ALL THIS BAD STUFF HAPPENS BUT ITS ACTUALLY OKAY! They spent 2 episodes in the stupid bending arena which had no significance other than SLIGHT character development and the "OH MY GOD KORRA CAN MOVE LIKE THE AIR" BS in that one part. 1/6th of the season for mediocre character development and something that is irrelevant to the rest of the season?

Yeah, **** that.

Seriously, Avatar > Korra as of now. We will see where the next seasons go.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I just noticed Stingers name is listed at the top of Smashboards in the "upcoming tournaments" section. I had no idea he was that well known. I thought NC Brawl was like NC Melee - PP's good (Esam for Brawl), but everyone else is terrible.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I thought you consider yourself FL during the summer and NC during the school year. Otherwise it'd be a really long drive to local tournaments.

big sleep

չչչ
Wait, you are saying that season 3 of avatar was rushed and you didn't think Korra was rushed? What the ****? They threw 2 main characters at you episode 1, two more in episode 2, a few more for each of the next few episodes...the plot was super rushed, the character development was lackluster at best, and when the best character of the show is a non-main character (Lin), there's a problem (IMO). Also, the ending of the season sucked major ****. ALL THIS BAD STUFF HAPPENS BUT ITS ACTUALLY OKAY! They spent 2 episodes in the stupid bending arena which had no significance other than SLIGHT character development and the "OH MY GOD KORRA CAN MOVE LIKE THE AIR" BS in that one part. 1/6th of the season for mediocre character development and something that is irrelevant to the rest of the season?

Yeah, **** that.

Seriously, Avatar > Korra as of now. We will see where the next seasons go.

ya, you can def make the argument that season 1 of korra was rushed... but... what kind of character development are you expecting from a kid's show?

i'm saying that season 3 of avatar was rushed primarily because the first 2 seasons (which i loved) made me feel like we weren't but half way through the story... at the furthest... there was all of this tension THE ENTIRE SHOW over Aang mastering the elements, but in the end it didn't really even matter. he got the avatar state back by some random event during the final battle and ***** ozai's butthole.

korra > original series because it isn't just like... Oh no an evil terrible man and his minions terrorizing the planet! someone help us! in the original series, bending was just this awesome *** **** that you didn't really question.... good benders vs bad benders. the setting and the conflict of the first season of korra are more relatable imo. focusing on the stigma of bending in an industrialized world where technology is changing everything was definitely something i wanted to see and thought about since the original. i can agree though, they could have fleshed out season 1's elements a little more, but again... kid's show.. nickelodeon. both can be deemed guilty of the kind of criticism you're using.

i'm also interested to see what's next.

and PS: meelo >>>> Lin

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
There was character development in Avatar, which is the main reason why Avatar is better. You felt more for the characters when things happened to them. When Bolin (I think that is his name) got abducted in like episode 3 I didn't give half a **** becuase they didn't make me attached to him yet. When **** happened to ANY main character in Avatar I felt bad and I wanted them to make it back. Hell, I actually wanted Bolin's bending to be taken away during that so there would be like...revenge or SOMETHING that was motivating the main characters other than "He's a bad guy." The first one was REBELLING AGAINST THE OPPRESSORS OF THE ****ING WORLD! Like...that's a huge difference. Republic City is 1 city in the world, albeit the most powerful and modernized. The Fire Nation ruled THE ENTIRE WORLD (after season 2 finale, before that Ba Sing Sei was still Earth Kingdom's). Like...the plot, the character development, and the ****ing fight scenes were all better in Avatar, even with the improvements of art.

big sleep

չչչ
nah i just couldn't find a good vid of ikki ******

and ya i'll agree with that... the main group in the original series was way more likable

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
The fight scene between Ozai and aang was BUTT.

Oh im going to run from the fire lord for 3 minutes.

Hide in a rock for 45 seconds. Go into the avatar state

Ozai runs from Aang for about 2 minutes

Aanng finally catches him, wins the fight and its over

WHT DA FUQ. I can see how a bunch of brawl players would think thats a decent fight scene

Zuko vs Azula was AMAZING though and def made up for it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I just noticed Stingers name is listed at the top of Smashboards in the "upcoming tournaments" section. I had no idea he was that well known. I thought NC Brawl was like NC Melee - PP's good (Esam for Brawl), but everyone else is terrible.
With apologize to Kadaj

Stingers is probably the most well known Brawl player from NC in terms of longevity of knowledge.

Mekos is probably the most well known one now because "Lucas, wtf?"

Sushi-Man scares the **** out of me because I fear the return of the old school :wolf:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, I just found out I have to take a test on the 18th, meaning there's no way I'll be able to host that day. Sorry about that.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So, I just found out I have to take a test on the 18th, meaning there's no way I'll be able to host that day. Sorry about that.
:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Maybe I'll have to convince my cousin to host something, lol

Wilmington is close enough that every single person that exists for smash in NC can make it, right?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I never understood why Aang had to learn all 4 elements because in the end he just went into the avatar state and *****.
The avatar state is really a ****ty plot device, its an easy out for the writers when they cant think of a logical way to have aang win without really knowing how

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
All of the best fights on Avatar involved Zuko. The dude's a boss, and he's voiced by Dante Basco, who played Rufio in Hook. It takes a boss to play a boss. :cool:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So all I need to do is go there and book the room in your name?

That would work well for me, because then I could come by for friendlies after my test.

But I think Mekos running something that weekend would be better, since, if I were you, I wouldn't want to host 4 days after I move into my dorm.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
August 18th. Woah I would have to get on it real fast! Anybody good at making a flyer. I can make one but I know that is not my strength. Anybody wanna be in charge of it! Your skills would get mad fame!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Just got done talking to the owner of the venue yall.

"Press Start" is bout to go down. What date works best for yall? Do yall wanna start late August or in September?
August 18th!

What city is this going to take place in?

august 18th!
yay!

August 18th would be ideal, because of Rob.
yay!

August 18th. Woah I would have to get on it real fast! Anybody good at making a flyer. I can make one but I know that is not my strength. Anybody wanna be in charge of it! Your skills would get mad fame!
I will hand out flyers to every single person I run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom