• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carpools - the best way to travel and keep smash alive forever

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
The best way to support the smash scene and keep it growing large is to use carpools to get to tournaments, especially for those that don't have rides, fitting ~5 people into a car then going to a big tournament. In the midwest, when Darkrain used to drive a bus, we had a BUS of people going to midwest Melee tournaments. It was amazing. Something like that should be done now, so the smash scene can grow and flourish. Smart travel such as carpools and hookups with the airline are the best ways to travel for cheap and support our community.

If you guys are interested in going to a tournament but don't have a way to do so use a carpool. If you want to support your smash scene and have large attendance use a carpool. The amount of money you would have to pay per person becomes much smaller using a carpool when gas is split evenly. I wish more people would do this, especially around the midwest/EC

GreenFox

Smash Ace
The problem with this is the person driving has a hard time of ever getting any gas money from the other people

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It is also very annoying when people who form groups don't include randoms just because they are randoms

I have tried to carpool many times and no one ever responds because nobody knows me

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Just gas money for me. And my mother isn't too fond of strangers, but she'd make an exception if it wasn't something out of state, like Raleigh.
Then she'd want to drive me herself, then finding spare money when my sister is looking for colleges is more trouble...

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
You should try making tournaments that are actually interesting to people old enough to drive.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
You should try making tournaments that are actually interesting to people old enough to drive.
What? The Smash community is full of people over the age of 19.

I need carpools to get anywhere being 16 sucks, but then again I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of strangers.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm pretty sure the age for driving is different over there in the states. Here it's 16. What is it there?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You should try actually going to tournaments then maybe you would know that 1231927239847239423 of smashers can drive

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Please lets not go off topic over some sarcastic listed number. Point is some smashers can drive, while others can't. We should form a system that can list people who are willing to carpool and have a listing for how much money they require and etc. This would greatly improve the population that attend tournaments, seeing how one of the biggest problems is people not having a way to get to these tournaments.

RATED

Smash Lord
Carpool is amazing, not only to the useful it is, for the fun! in the trip, we in PR do carpool all the time ROFL with like 8 or 9 people on a cherokee ROFL lots of TVs + Wiis or GCs and even people sleeping in the back :D

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Uh. They should set up a pound bus to boost attendance ;D
*goes to pound thread*
I hope i see your there.

Top Bottom