• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carroll Fest 3: Results! Green Rangers ****. SO HUGE.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shoutouts

Umbra has been playing melee since most of you were in the crib, except Cactuar. Oh he knows Cactuar too well ;3. Also, I'm going to start playing melee as well from now on. Brawl is getting way too boring way too fast nowadays >.>. I need some variety!

Anyway, shoutouts:

Blue Rogue: "Stay back man, I got this, I got this." *immediately dies*. Made my day lmao. But in all seriousness, I had a blast teaming with you and we need to do this again sometime. Just try not to get sick and miss singles :(. Hope your feeling better!

1: M2k ($150.00): M2k winning and taking all the money? No way!

2: Kazi ($75.00): Could you please tell me the brand of Wheaties you have been eating the past few months since I last saw you? They worked. The only thing I noticed with your mk is your still letting falco chaingrab you way too easily. Play campy and run until your out of chaingrab percent, then go back and play like you normally do. Even if you get 10 extra percent off him before he gets you out of chaingrab percent, it was worth it.

3: Seagull Joe ($25.00): Hey man good talking to you. ggs in dubz

4: WH0RESBANE (Roller): It didn't help that I was tired of being gayed before playing ice climbers, lol.

5: Vex: ggs. Couldn't do **** against you.

5: NEO: Glad I finally I got to play you. Fun Marth to play against.

7: Xzax: Yo glad you guys could make it. ggs in doubles

7: Mav: Not bad considering you haven't been able to play much, and the difficultly on this tourney. Still, after you graduate Penn State in December, gotta hit the training room for APEX.

9: Umbra: 'atta boy doing work in melee. Not bad in brawl either.

9: Space thing: good job making top 10 man :)

9: hari: You had 82 ledge grabs in 4 minutes <.<. You guys made me feel bad for winning against her too D=

9: Green Ranger: gj making top 10

13: Money Mike: Thanks for coming! Hope to see you at more events!

13: JimmyFOSHO: Thanks for coming out!

13: Mirowood: Thanks for coming! Hope to see you at more events!

13: Lokii: Not bad, I know you can do even better though in the future. When we're both in town I promise to practice with you :)

17: Vegeta: Thanks for coming! ggs in dubz

17: Jiffy: Thanks for coming!

17: Xotic: ggs

17: Life: that gif slayed me lol. ggs in melee.

17: QD: Thanks for coming!

17: Justin: Thanks for coming!

17: Jarvitz: Thanks for coming!

25: Ed: Thanks for coming!

Ben: Thanks for coming! Sorry I couldn't get you in the bracket; I thought we had room :(

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
shoutouts to rescuing mini spider ball from the ceiling

shoutouts to those cheese bacon fries

shoutouts the green mother****ing ****faced ugly mother****ing poop ******

davey
carroll
dempt
tony
corrinne

yee

Get Low

Smash Ace
I'm seriously disappointed in Skyson and Slarti. You guys have been playing this game for like six years and you can't even make it out of pools at a tournament with like, forty people? When are you two going to start stepping it up?

On a happier note, good stuff to Abate, as well as Green Ranger for apparently beating Cactuar. Wish I could've went to this but college is my life right now.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I'm seriously disappointed in Skyson and Slarti. You guys have been playing this game for like six years and you can't even make it out of pools at a tournament with like, forty people? When are you two going to start stepping it up?

On a happier note, good stuff to Abate, as well as Green Ranger for apparently beating Cactuar. Wish I could've went to this but college is my life right now.
Both their pools were disgusting. I mean, look at the Pro Bracket placings. I'm surprised I got lucky enough to make it out.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
HI! great tournament. Shoutouts to M2K for 3 stocking me in a mk ditto in 30 seconds. Also to Space thing for showing me many lucario things, as well as money mike for knowing the matchup like crazy. Also roller for showing of chain grabs and vex for being super intense all day =)

Skyson

Smash Ace

Honestly? Shut the **** up. I've been losing to the same ****ing people for six years. I had a month and a half that I was even worse because I was almost losing to YOU.

I didn't have a stacked pool. My matches were definitely winnable. The only attribute that altered how I felt was that I shouldn't have ****ing entered doubles. That made me feel awful for the rest of the day, and everyone there could see it on my face that I was having a horrible time.

Outright ridiculous. I don't improve in this game at all because my play style relies entirely on reading the other person, and other people are just consistently able to outread and be better than me. Playing this game forever doesn't tell you how the person sitting next to you is always going to play. Don't talk like a ****ing Fox player who can body through everything with tech skill practiced over x period of time, Matt. Honestly.

I've never been good at this game, and the rate at which I improve is still lower than anyone else's. I've already considered quitting this game at multiple points over the past few years, but I'm convinced that the only reason I go anymore is to see people because I love how fun and amazing the Melee community is. I honestly should quit actually entering tournaments at this point because the net loss I've incurred from playing Melee competitively has to be staggering at this point.

But hearing a call out from a player who evolved from terrible to passable over the course of maybe a year or two, while also completely oblivious to any alternative reasons to go to a smash tournament (given the number you've avoided simply because you know you'd get ***** anyway; people willingly go to tournaments where M2K is gonna be not because they know they will beat him, get a clue.) is the lowest insult I can ever imagine. Directly attributing time to improvement is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while, unsurprisingly coming from you.

[For your misinformed self, in pools I went 1-2 against Vanz (4th), 0-2 both last stock against Umbra (9th), and got mentally ****ed up by some dumb mother****er unplugging the cable on a last stock 100% tie in game 1 against Chad (17th), then lost 0-2 both last game after restarting the set. Sure, no johns you're bad Skyson, whatever. It was a set I definitely don't think I should have lost, and I don't hold it against Chad at all. I hope the ****tard who tripped the cable enjoyed the results.]

That was outright stupid of you to say, and of all the people I'd expect to directly insult me like that, you were not one to immediately come to mind.

Shoutouts later tonight.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
3: Cactuar- Played you in a few friendlies, I was peach. Still salty you shine > take my turnip combo'd me. New fox meta 2013. Seriously, I don't know if anyone's told you this before but you're a pretty smart player.
5: PGH Carroll - Don't give me an impossible pool next time please. Like I'm going to beat SilentSwag, Green Ranger, and Abu.
7: Green Ranger - For some reason I thought you would be the person I would be most likely to beat in my pool (out of you, abu, and Swag) because of how close our set was at FC, but you ended up being the hardest. I really want to do a pika/DK team now, I feel like the playstyles would compliment each other. The only other good DK I've ever really played is Vanz's, but Vanz's DK is less knowing how to specifically do stuff with DK and more just being able to read so it doesn't really matter what the character is.
9: abu - never going to 4 stock me in tourney.
9: Juggleguy - I still need to watch your match VS hanky. I'll probably be uploading that in the next few days. Maybe you can study it and learn what to do to not get Dsmashed.
17: Sweet - Heardy you beat Dempt in pools, good stuff.
17: s1- MM me you *******. In all seriousness though, we haven't played recently and need to. Especially since I'm starting to realize that the real Slarti special is losing to technical foxes.
25: Dempt - 25th? Must have been a bad tournament for you.

Scrub bracket
1: Skyson - Way to represent the Canton as the best of the worst. XD. Although we know that if Achilles was a falco player our positions would likely have been reversed :p
2: Achilles - Your tech skill is sooooo solidly consistent. And everything you do is useful, you don't do tons of useless tech like a lot of people I know. Lots of potential. I hadn't ever seen you before, but assuming you are a new player, all you need to really be up there (in the pro bracket) is to get a lot of matchup experience. You have everything else down solid. You remind me of a mini M2K/Silent Wolf. What really got me is that you actually laser camped me at every opportunity, which a lot of people nowadays don't bother to do. It really gave you an edge against peach who isn't as fast at approaching as other characters that move faster. I feel like I learned a lot from playing you just because it made me realize that in the fox matchup I pretty much depend on the Fox messing up, and when I play someone who doesn't... Well, it doesn't go that well for me. Thank you for making me realize that I need to rethink the matchup.
3: slarti < Only 3rd in the amateur bracket? Wow, you suck. Learn to play. Not like your character is hard or anything.
4: Xzax - pretty solid sheik for not playing melee. It was pretty obvious that you were a smart player who just didn't know the game that well.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Hey, I have no fear of getting *****. I go to tournaments and other smash-related things for the fun of it whenever I have the time in my busy schedule. I figured that you felt the same way, which is why I didn't really think you'd take my statement to heart. I'm sorry that I upset you.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
If you want to see me step it up, MM me. As tony has already said at great length, it's really stupid and inappropriate to see someone who A) is worse than Tony and I at this game and hasn't really imporved that much either and B) didn't even show up to know how or why we didnt' make it out of pools go and slam on us for it.

The three people who beat me in pools were Green Ranger, Abu, and SilentSwag, who came in 7th, 9th, and 13th respectively. Even so, I didn't really get completely destroyed by any of them. Yeah, they all 2-0'd me, but I got all of them down to 1 stock at least once iirc. The only reason I placed in 3rd in amateurs was that pretty much the two things I have the most trouble with in this game are really technical foxes and marths with perfect spacing. And Achilles was the first one of those things.

tl;dr, STFU matt, if you had been here, you would not have even made top 4 in amateurs bracket.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Hey, I have no fear of getting *****. I go to tournaments and other smash-related things for the fun of it whenever I have the time in my busy schedule. I figured that you felt the same way, which is why I didn't really think you'd take my statement to heart. I'm sorry that I upset you.
You need to learn that perception is reality, and although you may have meant it as a joke, not all others will read it as such. There is no such thing as tone over the internet, afterall.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Carroll - Great tourney, thanks for TOing. Also very solid placings.

2: Abate - I think that was the worst I've ever lost to anyone, ever. Great job on second, can't wait for the vids.
3: Cactuar - Very fun set in pools, though I'll hope game 2 doesn't happen often
7: Green Ranger - GETTING OFF, wish I could have stuck around to see the hype
7: hanky panky - Lots of fun friendlies, sick peach. Thanks for the tips you gave me, just have to see if I can actually put them to practice.
13: Pat - Was great to play you throughout the day. Blood falcon for life, now that I know this I'll start taking out some names.
13: SilentSwag - GGs, hope you and ambix had fun in our teams games lol
17: paradigm - GGs, very tense set for me, you had the edge though
25: Kray - Nice peach, you gave me some tough games

Thelyme - we need to play a best of 9 set sometime. Also thanks for dropping out, therefore allowing me to advance to bracket <_<
Links - Nice link
Whoever else I played/saw/met - It was a pleasure to smash all day with you

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
1: M2k ($150.00) good **** winning

2: Kazi ($75.00)yo I knew you were going to shock a ****load of people at this tournament. Keep training hardcore for APEX though, no breaks. PAAAAA

3: Seagull Joe ($25.00) wanted to play you sometime but forgot, owell next time. Nice talkin to you though

4: WH0RESBANE (Roller) This dude is the ****... gave me an *** whooping in friendlies though. I'll learn the match-up eventually.

5: Vex GGs, I'll do a lot better next time that's for sure, lol.

5: NEO GGs in friendlies... I got thrashed.

7: Xzax Missed my chance to play you.. **** lol. Maybe next time.

7: Mav Nice to see you again. Good **** with graduating (or soon at least)

9: Umbra Didn't get my salty runback from Vudujin's tournament, but it was fun talking with you.

9: Space thing You're on the list. That's all. lol

9: hari Good ****, continue to put in the work

9: Green Ranger damn, you entered brawl?

13: Money Mike sucks I didn't get to play you, there aren't any snakes in Pittsburgh to play.

13: JimmyFOSHO You suck.

17: Jiffy Got the salty runback. Though next time we play I hope we are both playing at our best.

17: Xotic forgot to play you... hope you had fun at this though

17: Life I'm tellin you man... you gotta stick with Sonic.

17: QD cool guy, had fun playing you in friendlies.

17: Jarvitz It was cool seeing you again for the first time in over a year loool.

shoutouts to Carroll for the tournament and shoutouts to I believe Carroll's mom for bringing in the food.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
M@v said:
4: WH0RESBANE (Roller): It didn't help that I was tired of being gayed before playing ice climbers, lol.
:troll: I wonder why.

Aaaanyway. Shoutouts!

1: M2k ($150.00): I really need to play friendlies with you one of these days. ...At least, according to Lokii. :3
3: Seagull Joe ($25.00): Hey, good to see you!
4: WH0RESBANE (Roller): You've got that chaingrab down to a science. Nice friendlies, hope to play you again sometime!
5: Vex: Thanks for the doubles friendlies. :D
7: Xzax: GGs in bracket. I really need some more Falco experience.
7: Mav: "Why is this so hype." ...Really though, don't feel bad for knocking me out of bracket. I'll make up for it next time. >:3
9: Space thing: Nice seeing you around. You're getting really good with Lucario! Keep at it.
9: Hari: Suddenly, you remember how to play this game. Level up! (Now, don't forget again.)
13: JimmyFOSHO: No Pit dittos, ever? Aww. Nice seeing ya.
13: Mirowood: GGs in bracket. Use the bike tires! Bike tires are your friend.
13: Lokii: Heeey, good to see you! :3 This tourney, so fun. Thanks for the help; hope to see you at that Smashfest in a couple weeks!
17: Jiffy: Oh hey, I was in your carpool. :U Thanks again for the Wario advice. It resulted in a bit of a mental breakthrough. Awesome.
17: Life: One does not simply change their gamertag! Nice seeing you around. Did you get any timeouts? >:D
17: Justin: GGs, hope you had a good first tourney!
Blue Rogue: Feel better bro~! :<

Carroll: Thanks for running this. You got a pretty cool venue. It was so pretty. =O
Carroll's mom: Thank you for the best cupcakes ever. :bee:
Skyson: Skyyyyy~ Glad to see you again bro! Those Ganon/Falcon dittos you played were soooo entertaining to watch. Oh, and play more Brawl. >:3

Skyson

Smash Ace

..there is nothing in what you said that shouldn't be taken to heart, or anything said implying we SHOULDN'T have. You don't simultaneously say you're seriously disappointed in someone, point out the period of time they've been playing, and actively criticize the fact that you don't think they've improved enough, without expecting someone to take it to heart.

That's literally knocking the reason I play this game. I'm not gonna make this a Facebook status, but you really do want to think about things before you say them when you're going to apologize for them for the wrong reasons later. >_>

I took it to heart because you aimed at my heart. Don't slight me, bro.

M@v

Subarashii!
Stuff on my mind.

As a preface, this isnt meant to offend anyone. Just speaking my mind here :)

I learned a lot of things this weekend. As a preface, Brawl is a love/hate relationship for me. Lot of things I love about the game, a lot of things I hate. For one, I was reminded of all the reasons I hate brawl this past weekend. I also realized that in singles, the only way I have fun in Brawl anymore is when I win. That's not the reason to compete in a game. And sometimes I don't even have fun when I win, because the other person tryed to play as campy/boring as possible to beat me, which is about as much fun as watching paint dry.

I also realized something else. When the most hyped match at a brawl tourney is a Pit player who grabs the ledge 84 times in just over four minutes against me, something is seriously wrong. Meanwhile, melee is a game where hype matches happen because, well, they are actually fun to play and watch. Not saying brawl doesn't have its hype matches(A great example is m2k vs Ally from APEX 1), but for every good brawl match, there's at least 10 melee ones out there. Let me be clear, melee has its faults as well, but Brawl's faults greatly outweigh melee's.

I'm going to start playing melee and not only playing it to win, but to actually to be able to have fun, win or lose. I'm still going to play Brawl as well, since I still enjoy aspects of it, but its time I stopped ignoring melee. Kept telling myself I shouldn't play it because I wouldn't be able to catch up to other players starting out so late, but I'm done lying to myself.

tl:dr Brawl sucks, playing melee now too.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Lokii and I were hyping Hari just because Hari, it had nothing at all to do with what was going on in the match. You made a huuuuuuuuuge deal about the ledge grabs and nooooo one at all cared.

The ledge grab count at the end was hilarious, but I assure you it had no effect on why your match had hype from us (me, at least). :p

M@v

Subarashii!
fair enough, but still, there was NO brawl match that had any sort of legitimate hype. The closest match to it was seagull and kazi. That was moreso "Oh wow kazi may win this" than a hype atmosphere.

P.S. I don't blame hari at all for how she played the match; It was the best thing she could of did since ledgecamping is Falco's biggest weakness. Its just the principle of the matter that a game comes down to that ;3

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Ehehehe, honestly I was a little bit embarrassed because everyone was watching and I felt like I should be doing something more, well, interesting. ^^; Or at least I could have planked more intelligently.

But I don't regret anything, and I appreciate all the support I got from you guys. The Smash community is so great. Seriously. :3

4% APR

Smash Champion
Good **** Abate. I knew you were gonna be a monster the first time i played you.

sorry i couldnt make it, looks like it was a good time

solid self defense tony. you're not playing this game to impress get low, youd wreck him anyway ;)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Good stuff hari, nice job in top 10. Also don't feel bad about planking a falco, plank that bird to hell and back and screw what anyone else says.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
1: Mew2King - Yo. Thanks for farting on me when I was trying to sleep.
2: Abate - Good **** Abate. Didn't get to play friendlies with you at this tournament. I go to Pittsburgh often, so I'll probably see you around.
3: Cactuar - Pat Brady really liked your braces.
4: VaNz - Nice job as always. I never see you not place at tournaments like these. :p
5: PGH Carroll - Nice tournament dad. Nice job in bracket. Call me maybe.
5: TheLake - Totally forgot about our rematch. Great job in teams man.
7: Green Ranger - Jesus ****ing Christ the Green Mother****ing ******* ****ing **** up and putting *****es in their ****ing place. ****. Love you. <3
7: Hanky Panky - I still want to play you. Nice placing.
9: Abu - *** u mm me fukr $100
9: Taki - I really ****ed up our second game which I wasn't too happy about. Obviously you still would've beaten me, but I would've liked to have played it a little bit better. Thanks for adding to my drive of getting better against spacies. :)
9: Juggleguy - Yoooo, Fox ditto mm rematch next tournament. Fun friendlies, and gg's in doubles, man. Glad you made it out here.
13: Pat - Falco is by far my worst matchup, but I can honestly say I was pleased with how I played even though I lost. I really need to work on that mu, so hopefully next time if we play again it'll be even more close.
13: Nakamaru - Still don't understand how the people get in the TV.
13: SilentSwag - JOHNATHAN DOUGLASS CARROLL.
13: Flip - My Sheik, your Fox mm next time I see you, please. Would appreciate it.
17: KD Chad - Played you in doubles. Nice job man. You really turned it on hyper-drive second half of our third game.
17: Sweet - You made pro bracket. Lost to who you should've, and beat who you beat. Would've liked it you placed higher, but hey, you've made tremendous progress for only been playing for a year.
17: S1 - Haha. My name was above you. <3
17: Cavedweller - I need to play youuuu.
25: Kray - Yo. You made pro bracket, and won all your mm's. Good ****, Kray.
25: Kitty - **** your Marth. Yours is the only one around our level of skill that gives me trouble. Wtf.
25: Dempt - I honestly wouldn't be where I'm at right now if you didn't drive multiple hours just to come play me a lot over the past few months. Thanks for helping me out man; it was close.

1: Skyson - Nice job winning amateur, man. Don't get down about anything man, especially teams. Mainly because I want to team with you sometime. :3
3: slarti - ****tybutttfarts. Bring your fedora next time. <3
5: Da Shuffla - Yo, nice job in AM bracket, man. Fun friendlies with you. Looking forward to playing with you again sometime!
9: LvL 9 Luigi - Hey man. Don't get down because of your placing. Everyone has these kinds of days. Really sucked Brinstar was illegal, or I know it would've been you whooping M2K's *** in GF's. Need to play friendlies with you sometime. Oh wait...
9: Jbro - Thanks for letting me stay at You/Carroll/Pat's place this weekend, thanks for the friendlies, and thanks for laughs that I always share with you, dad. <3
13: Links (lokii) - Glad to see you entered! The melee community could always use another girl! Looking forward to seeing you play more!
13: B.W.C. - You seriously need to learn how to gamble. MM me, you BWC.

Additional shoutouts to:
Carroll again for hosting this and being awesome.
M@V - looking forward to seeing you in the melee community. Speaking on behalf of Nick, thanks for helping run this thing.
Vudujin - I hope you enjoyed your GREEN smiley cookie.
Carroll's mom - Your Sloppy Joes were amazing. Don't listen to Abu. He's a terrorist.
Pittsburgh for being awesome and way better than my hometown in almost every aspect.
Pat Brady
Pat Brady's Fist - Nice friendlies man.
The maker of those G&W Cupcake things. They were really good.
Megan Henderson
The Brunner's
Bill Peters
Michelle

DTR

Smash Journeyman
dude sweet. shiek is my worst match up with falco too (except maybe peach but idk yet). this means we gotta play like 100 friendlies next time we see each other. lol

almost just wanted to go gay peach game 3 just to be safe but that is the cowards way out

Top Bottom