• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Casey ****ing Anthony

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
By logical sense yes. (This reminds me of that Bones episode with that psycho lady who was SO obviously guilty, but they still couldn't do a damn thing about it, because they lacked significant evidence. Then she got owned by some sniper) Anthony on the other hand.. it's hard to fully link her to her daughter's death, or even think that she did it, because of things in life seem to always get misconstrued. (Like, how rumors spread across school like wildfire, even when it's bull****.) I only disagree with the verdict, regardless that the evidence doesn't back it up, is because this woman is ONE flaky girl. Something about her makes me, and OTHER people cringe. This thread was made to express our opinions. Not jump to something as if it was true, just because a system said so. As for that quote, I still believe we should be able to express our opinions on what we think about the verdict. .-.

Please tell me I wrote this correctly this time..
Sure, people can continue to express opinions. But unless they're in line with El Nino and Praxis, then those opinions are wrong.

Also, do you know what happens when individuals can be convicted of crimes just because people think they did something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottsboro_Boys

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sure, people can continue to express opinions. But unless they're in line with El Nino and Praxis, then those opinions are wrong.

Also, do you know what happens when individuals can be convicted of crimes just because people think they did something?

Jam, pretend there is no death sentence, nor a freedom to meet in all of this. Look at two variables: The woman's character, and the decision that was made. I disagree with the verdict, because something is screwy about this woman. Regardless of evidence. My psychological senses are tingling, and I disagree with the verdict. That is all I am saying..

I disagree that she is innocent. I am not encouraging anything about her freedom, nor her death sentence..

Arbuckle

Smash Rookie
Jam, pretend there is no death sentence, nor a freedom to meet in all of this. Look at two variables: The woman's character, and the decision that was made. I disagree with the verdict, because something is screwy about this woman. Regardless of evidence. My psychological senses are tingling, and I disagree with the verdict. That is all I am saying..

I disagree that she is innocent. I am not encouraging anything about her freedom, nor her death sentence.
Probably a good thing they found her guilty of giving false information to a police officer then, isn't it?

ISN'T IT?!?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

I read about that a loooooooooooooong time ago.

That's...yeah. Would it be crass of me to say that's a good example?

Smooth Criminal

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I like this post.

A lot.
How? If you completely ignore the death sentence or the freedom part, and just look at the choice that was given.. You can't prove it either way. How can you not make the decision that there IS something damn funky about this chick. This is - NOT- about her death sentence, nor freedom. It's about her inability to actually protray herself as a woman you can believe to be innocent..We all have a right to express our mixed feelings. Sue me for not believing this woman who can't convince me of not being guilty. I don't care if the evidence wasn't enough. Anybody who knows they are innocent shouldn't be acting so shady. Her guilty conscious was displaying so many red flags.
Thats not evidence in any logical sense, but it shows that there IS something off about this woman.

Why can't I ever get my point across. ;~;

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
1. Your font is hard to read.
2. Giant unorganized messy paragraphs kinda make my eyes hurt a bit.
3. You're wrong.
Anybody else reads it just fine. Please state exactly how each reason why you believe I can't get my points across again. Are you sure you aren't just shutting me out, because we disagree with each other? My font is not hard to read. When I used red.. Thats when you should complain.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just the fact that you're arguing with me about my own opinion of how hard your font is to read is hilarious.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Just the fact that you're arguing with me about my own opinion of how hard your font is to read is hilarious.
Really, the size of this text is bigger than any significance in anything you have said thus far.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's great. Really.

At least you think your opinions are worthwhile.

And that's all that really matters.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I only question your opinion regarding my font style because you are -not- the first person I came across that just loves to misconstrue everything I say like it was a hobby. How can you even tell me I am -wrong-, if you couldn't even read my -terrible- -mess-. There is nothing to be -wrong- about in my post. It's a ****ing opinion.

§witch

Smash Lord
Where did this idea come from that opinions can't be wrong? Sure, about certain things, you can think whatever you like and be perfectly right no matter what, but that isn't a blanket statement.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Where did this idea come from that opinions can't be wrong? Sure, about certain things, you can think whatever you like and be perfectly right no matter what, but that isn't a blanket statement.
You act like their choice was fact. You cannot tell me that woman doesn't look off. An opinion is an opinion. I already stated we cannot prove whether she did it or not. So how can anyone justify ANYONE's opinions?

Also: Please remember I am talking about her character, and how I don't see her as an innocent woman. (DISREGARD EVERYTHING pertaining to the death sentence, or her freedom.) She is flaky. How do you expect me to trust this woman, when she is shady as ****. Her crying isn't convincing. Everything is off about her. Something is fishy. This is WHAT gives us reason to form our opinion. There is no 100% fact in anyone's side. It's her bad character that makes us question the verdict.. If she was REALLY innocent, why should she act so.. artificial?

Also, just a side note: These law systems CAN be flawed. People have won SERIOUSLY ridiculous fights after suing people for something that was their own damn fault. Like this one man actually backed up a 18 wheeler truck onto his car. He sued the city, and got like 500$ for it. (Just putting this out there. Don't have to relate this to anything above it)

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol. I wish I could apply this to real life.

Also, the convictions in the Central Park jogger case that were later overturned.

How do you expect me to trust this woman, when she is shady as ****. Her crying isn't convincing. Everything is off about her
Well, here's another way to look at it. Not everyone lies to cover up a meticulously planned murder. Some people just lie because of an emotional problem.

I've known a few habitual liars in my time. In my experience, lying can be the sign of person who can't handle blame or responsibility. As parents, they might be negligent. If something happens to their kid due to their negligence, I can see a person like that lying to avoid blame and digging a bigger hole for themselves. In that case, they would still be guilty of negligence, which is a form of child abuse, but it isn't Murder One.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Lol. I wish I could apply this to real life.

Also, the convictions in the Central Park jogger case that were later overturned.

Well, here's another way to look at it. Not everyone lies to cover up a meticulously planned murder. Some people just lie because of an emotional problem.

I've known a few habitual liars in my time. In my experience, lying can be the sign of person who can't handle blame or responsibility. As parents, they might be negligent. If something happens to their kid due to their negligence, I can see a person like that lying to avoid blame and digging a bigger hole for themselves. In that case, they would still be guilty of negligence, which is a form of child abuse, but it isn't Murder One.
Alright, lets exercise this perspective you layed out for me. You have a personal experience with individuals who reacted for all of the wrong reasons because they couldn't handle the burden. Yes? Then tell me why Anthony seemed like she was determined to get through that. Not being able to handle burdens, and the way she was DETERMINED to defend herself. How do these two entirely different psychological defenses apply?

A weak character who cannot handle stress, and heavy burden. /=/ A person who is determined to get something done.

I am only exercising this El Nino. So bare with me.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, lets exercise this perspective you layed out for me. You have a personal experience with individuals who reacted for all of the wrong reasons because they couldn't handle the burden. Yes? Then tell me why Anthony seemed like she was determined to get through that. Not being able to handle burdens, and the way she was DETERMINED to defend herself. How do these two entirely different psychological defenses apply?

A weak character who cannot handle stress, and heavy burden. /=/ A person who is determined to get something done.

I am only exercising this El Nino. So bare with me.
Well, I think when you're facing the death penalty, your sense of self-preservation kicks in and overrides your other emotional hangups.

And I don't think the character of a habitual liar is "weak." They're just manipulative by instinct, almost. They still have goals in life, things they want to do. They just can't handle being held accountable when they are wrong about something.

One girl I knew who was manipulative and a chronic liar used to be my apartment-mate. She once spilled food on the carpet, didn't clean it up, and it attracted ants. After cleaning it myself, I asked her not to do it again. She looked at me with this completely blank stare, as if I were speaking a foreign language, and then she turned and walked away. I was like, "wtf?"

That was just one incident of many. Another incident would involve her stealing her roommate's deposit money and lying about it. She was the youngest girl in a family of boys, and she got used to them treating her like a princess. I noticed that she always preferred being around guys rather than girls, and she always wanted a guy's attention. She was definitely determined to get her way. She just had no sense of accountability.

I haven't thought much about that girl since then. Maybe I see a little bit of her in Casey Anthony. She's married with kids now. Hopefully she's grown up out of her old habits, but you never know.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's because of plebs that scream for blood all the time that the government hates you, doesn't give you any say in anything, and the cops beat you up before even thinking about whether you're a criminal or not.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
and the cops beat you up before even thinking about whether you're a criminal or not.
LOL.

Yesterday I wanted to watch this program on CNN but even though the program was supposed to be airing, Nancy Grace was on about Casey Anthony :c

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Well, I think when you're facing the death penalty, your sense of self-preservation kicks in and overrides your other emotional hangups.

And I don't think the character of a habitual liar is "weak." They're just manipulative by instinct, almost. They still have goals in life, things they want to do. They just can't handle being held accountable when they are wrong about something.

One girl I knew who was manipulative and a chronic liar used to be my apartment-mate. She once spilled food on the carpet, didn't clean it up, and it attracted ants. After cleaning it myself, I asked her not to do it again. She looked at me with this completely blank stare, as if I were speaking a foreign language, and then she turned and walked away. I was like, "wtf?"

That was just one incident of many. Another incident would involve her stealing her roommate's deposit money and lying about it. She was the youngest girl in a family of boys, and she got used to them treating her like a princess. I noticed that she always preferred being around guys rather than girls, and she always wanted a guy's attention. She was definitely determined to get her way. She just had no sense of accountability.

I haven't thought much about that girl since then. Maybe I see a little bit of her in Casey Anthony. She's married with kids now. Hopefully she's grown up out of her old habits, but you never know.
The girl you relate to Anthony obviously has problems, and has formed a deadly inferiority complex. Anthony on the other hand, doesn't have that sadness that feels genuine when she cries and can't be condemned for logical reasons. Humans have micro emotions that our subconscious can read before our conscious mind-which is why we get these weird feelings in our gut.

Take my brother for an example. EVERYONE believed him. I was the instigator, and the troubled kid. I was the -only- one who could see through his god damn lies, not because I had proof. It's because of the way he moved, and his reactions towards things. We have a guilty conscious, I saw it in my brother, and I saw it in Anthony. I don't say it as fact, or anything. I say it as a right to defend my reason to condemn their innocence based off of their suspicious behavior patterns..

I was so right about my brother. My parents finally saw his true face once he tried to take the van to see some girl in Texas at the age of 14. The van was halfway down the driveway. (Apparently he chickened out) My dad blamed me, because I was the oldest. >> They found out -AFTER- I ran away for a night.

My brother is actually really good at what he does because he ****ing learned it from me. I used it for good, he used everything I taught him for bad. .-.

I have my own experiences El Nino. I didn't have evidence to support my defense, but look who was right? It's their ****ing patterns that are not normal that really stirs the fire inside me. It's not because she is doing it by imbalanced instincts, it's because she is a shady character. This is what I am doing. I am stating my defense as to why I am HIGHLY against her verdict. I am not even talking about the death sentence, and her freedom.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Even if she didn't do it she's guilty for child abuse. Her child is dead and that's her responsibility.
Lemme explain my view on this more clearly. I wasn't awake that day. "No johns" I know I know...

So Caley dies and Casey doesn't report it for a month. That's rather strange if you ask me especially w/ her LYING about what happened. The fact that she lied to police (which she is rightfully penalized for) told me that she had something to do with the death of her child.

If you didn't do it nor have anything to do with it, why not testify to help prove your innocence rather than keeping a straight face while some dude who thinks he's high and mighty is being charged +$600 and 6 days in prison for misuse of his middle finger?

I guess she figured more lying would only get her killed potentially.

@Praxis, Really? "Let a guilty person go free than an innocent person be punished"? So that the criminal can strike again?

Look at it this way guys: she'll be punished, just not by our perfectly designed government. :troll:

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not because she is doing it by imbalanced instincts, it's because she is a shady character. This is what I am doing. I am stating my defense as to why I am HIGHLY against her verdict. I am not even talking about the death sentence, and her freedom.
I understand that. But no one by law can be convicted on their character. And I personally try not to pass judgment based on character alone.

@Praxis, Really? "Let a guilty person go free than an innocent person be punished"? So that the criminal can strike again?
The idea is that the opposite line of reasoning would lead to the development of an authoritarian government. Authoritarian systems favor security above individual freedom. They almost always have highly questionable human rights records. The core principle is that one corrupt individual cannot do the amount of damage that an entire corrupt system can do.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
The idea is that the opposite line of reasoning would lead to the development of an authoritarian government. Authoritarian systems favor security above individual freedom. They almost always have highly questionable human rights records. The core principle is that one corrupt individual cannot do the amount of damage that an entire corrupt system can do.
What about limiting freedoms so legitimate measures can be taken but then reassign said freedoms so the system doesn't become corrupt in the long run?

For example, the Espionage and Sedition Acts during World War II.

I do agree with your wisdom to an extent, considering that a woman killing her child is judged as less damage than the corrupt judicial system giving a verdict that upsets millions.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I understand that. But no one by law can be convicted on their character. And I personally try not to pass judgment based on character alone.
No, no, no. I am stating -why- I disagree with Anthony's verdict, because of her lopsided character. I am trying to -say- that there is something off about her, and this draws me to -question- the results. I question the verdict.. Through obvious logic instinct. -Something- is off about her. I -have- a right to question her, and the verdict because of it.

I am -not- even talking about her conviction, nor her freedom.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Holy **** dude please for the love of God stop typing like that. There is -no- ****ing -reason- to ****ing -do- ****ing -this-.
-There- is -no- reason -for- you to -****ing- troll -everything- in the god damn -forums-.

Are you hating on my frankenstein words? .-.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yes, I'm trolling by calling you out on dumb things, even though I barely actually do anything to incite anger other than assert my actual opinions.

But hey if you disagree with people and you're not a girl about it, makes you a troll mirite?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Yes, I'm trolling by calling you out on dumb things, even though I barely actually do anything to incite anger other than assert my actual opinions.

But hey if you disagree with people and you're not a girl about it, makes you a troll mirite?
Psh. Trolls have no feelings, or tastes. 8D

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do agree with your wisdom to an extent, considering that a woman killing her child is judged as less damage than the corrupt judicial system giving a verdict that upsets millions.
If one person kills one child, that's one tragedy. But a judicial system that routinely executes children without fair trial would amount to thousands of tragedies.

No, no, no. I am stating -why- I disagree with Anthony's verdict, because of her lopsided character. I am trying to -say- that there is something off about her, and this draws me to -question- the results. I question the verdict.. Through obvious logic instinct. -Something- is off about her. I -have- a right to question her, and the verdict because of it.
Sounds like you're basing it off of a gut instinct, and that's fine. But it's just hard for other people to relate to that since we don't have your same instinct.

UB has gone so far downhill.
You can turn it around, Switch. You just gotta believe.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
UB has always been full of morons why do you think I stuck around?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well obviously it's why I post here!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Jam, pretend there is no death sentence, nor a freedom to meet in all of this. Look at two variables: The woman's character, and the decision that was made. I disagree with the verdict, because something is screwy about this woman. Regardless of evidence. My psychological senses are tingling, and I disagree with the verdict. That is all I am saying...
But no one cares that your psychological senses are tingling. That doesn't matter. Ever. You can't discard evidence in a case because of how you 'feel' about someone. Even you should be able to realize that.

Gotta agree with Praxis with his quote. And El Nino, but he's always right.

Top Bottom