• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 - Nov 22-23, 08 - Alberta, CAN - MELEE ONLY - It's over! T^T

ridikulus

Smash Apprentice
late shout outs:
vic : good **** organizing, was a lot of fun
nate: good stuff =o didnt expect it >_>
bam: oh lawd
pkm: oh hai
SW : you're a beast
eggz: wtfooook. you stole my heshbrownz
kage : roar

more to come

Eggz

Smash Hero
I think my name is enough to solidly win this thread.

Shane Walter Johns

get at me

also my brother's name is John Johns and he once managed a Papa Johns pizza. (no jokes, srsly)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Gross. I think we only had 2 tourneys with Brawl as one of the events, and we haven't had any Brawl Only tourneys yet. (Looks for DMK.)

I'm glad though.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Incorrect, the brawl scene lives and flourishes on the east coast. Ignorance ftl.
Ontario ftl. I heard of their brawl things, but I still mostly hear about Melee in Canada dominating Brawl, aside from Ontario where brawl is more popular. And besides Ally in Quebec, not much else is Brawl in EC. So, I went with a simple majority rule.

Victra- BC has trismashes like every single tournament. Except the UBC one that was there.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You still fail seeing as you know nothing of Quebec and they wouldn't have been able to throw one of the bigger brawl tournaments we've had on the ec (attendance toping cast4) without having quite an interest. Ally is not 50+ players.

So considering Ontario+Quebec pretty much define the EC, your broad generalization continues to fail. So just quit, I know exactly what I'm talking about, while once again: your ignorance ftl.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I don't know EC because I've never been there nor have I heard anything about it until now.

I am also not treating this as an argument, so I am not "failing". From what I've seen from my perspective, Canada is Melee dominated. That's what my original purpose of my post was, and that's what it still is.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
And my original point was that your small minded view is ignorant seeing as you have little to any real knowledge to base it on.
Canada is a large country bro.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I haven't taken the time to look into EC smash aside from hearing about professional EC Melee smashers. That doesn't mean I'm ignorant, though, since I didn't choose to ignore that side of the country, moreso I procrastinated.

I REALLY don't appreciate being called ignorant, is probably the point that I'm getting at.

Jack- barlw sux. lolol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Melee is still big in Canada and Brawl is catching up.

That's about...it...

Smash ****ing *****. ALL of the smash games ****ing ****. Tournaments with all 3 smash games ****ing **** the **** out of life cause smash ****ing ***** so hard. 1 smash game in a tournament is ****, like serious ****ing awesome rapesauce, but when all 3 are there.... HOLLY ****ING ****!!!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Brawl is falling behind if anything. Melee ***** brawl any day of the week. in fact... If melee and brawl were people IRL, it'd be like the UFC champion fighting.... a figure skater >___>

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
If you're talking about melee scene vs brawl scene. In east coast the two seem to co-exist, though I believe brawl is bigger and growing. Here, at least, I don't see melee growing much aside from brawl players like me trying to learn. In Ontario I believe they also co-exist, I know brawl is huge there, and I'm fairly certain melee is big enough as well. I can't speak for anywhere else cause I know very little about it.

tl;dr: Minus is right.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Melee Dominates Brawl simply because the good smash players played Melee competetively, and anyone who played melee competetively for more then a year knows Brawl Cannot top Melee.

If we are simply talking about numbers, im sure Brawl dominates.

but in my opinion, Quality > Quantity. Id rather play with a few good melee players, then a ****load of Brawl players.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I think the debate was about how the respective communities were doing, not about what game is better or what game you'd prefer to play. I guess how good a community is doing involves numbers, growth, acceptance of the future of the game (brawl may be failing here). I like both games personally, I just feel that brawl has far more room for growth right now simply because all the newcomers will play brawl, save maybe a few. My hope is that new brawl players will pick up melee when they get good at brawl.

Top Bottom