• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Fight Night X - The Grand Master Challenge! - DATE CHANGED!!! 11/15/08

SweetJohnnyCage

Smash Rookie
======3RD STRIKE, ULTIMATE MK3, AND MORTAL KOMBAT 2 HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PC VERSIONS, NO LONGER CONSOLE!!! PELICAN CONVERTERS WILL BE SUPPLIED FOR STICKS AND CONTROLLERS!!!=====

Hey guys, I'm pretty much coming out of left field with this one, but NEC has put me back in the mood of tournaments. Seeing as how Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 have reignited the arcade scene (somewhat), I feel that New Yorkers (and the usual out of state crews) should get together one more time at Castle Golf for a tournament before NEC in Decemeber.

Castle Golf
1878 Middle Country Rd
Centereach, NY 11720

(631) 471-1267

I have recently purchased another splitter, this one can split HD signals (while still keeping full quality). Because of this, if someone can provide 2 HD TVs (I know that someone brought them for Smash CFN8), I'll gladly split the signal and have a 2 TV setup for that. If not, we can use it for 3S or whatever gets the most entrants like usual.

Venue fee will be $10 and tournament fees will be $5. If equipment is brought, $5 will be taken off of venue fee. You can no longer enter tournaments for free. I had complaints about pots becoming too small because too many people entered for free.

Rules are subject to change, so PLEASE KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES!!!

The games being played in tournament will be as follows:

• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PC (nFBA Emulator)
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME)
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Wii)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Alpha Anthology PS2)
  • Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (Dreamcast)

The following games will be held as side tournaments

• Mortal Kombat 2 (MAME)
  • Melty Blood (PC)

Registration for the first 3 games will start at 12 NOON and the tournaments will begin shortly after 1pm.

Whichever tournament gets more registrants will have 2 setups to ensure that everything runs quickly. Once these tournaments are done, I will begin registration for the other tournaments for 1 hour. Tournaments will begin shortly thereafter. Since only 3 tournaments will be run, I can record one game's Top 8 and burn it onto a DVD for whoever wants to make copies of it. You guys can even use my commentary setup if you wish, have a blast.

Since Castle Golf will be open for business, we will be restricted to the one party area and the outside area. The outside area, weather permitting, will be used for casuals. No tournaments will be run outside due to the possibility of glare. Because of the one room restriction, only 3 or 4 tournaments will be run at a time. Venue registration will be taken at the same time as tournament registration at the front counter by me. Mark is no longer involved with Castle Fight Night anymore. I will personally take registration money for both venue and tournament, compile a list of players in all games, and give the lists to the tournament runners so they can make the brackets.

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE STARTING DIRECTLY AFTER 12PM REGISTRATION=====

• Street Fighter Alpha 3
    • Being run by Phil/9.95
    • We will be using the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2
    • Standard tournament rules apply
    • Double Elimination
    • 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, 3/5 Finals for both, 4/7 Grand Finals
    • Prize structure will be 70/20/10

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    • PLEASE NOTE that this tournament will probably run throughout the day, hence why it is starting early. I also received a few requests and complaints about it starting too late last time
    • Being run by Chris "doommachine15"
    • Double Elimination
    • 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, Winners/Losers Finals 3/5, Grand Finals 4/7
    • 3 Stock, 7 Minute Limit
    • Ties Broken By Lives/Percentage
    • Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
    • Stages
      • Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
      • Battlefield
      • Final Destination
      • Smashville
      • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
      • Counterpicks Available:
        • Brainstar
        • Delfino Plaza
        • Frigate Orpheon
        • Norfair
        • Halberd
        • Jungle Japes
        • Lylat Cruise
        • Pokemon Stadium 1
        • Pokemon Stadium 2
        • Rainbow Cruise

• Updated!
      • Walking or Standing Chaingrabs are banned
      • Metaknight is Banned
    • General Rules
      • Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
        stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
      • Stage Banning: Each player/team may choose to eliminate any 2 stages.
      • Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
        random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
        change characters.
      • Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.
    • Other Rules & Special Issues
      • Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
        except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
        banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
        disqualified from the tournament.
      • Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
        third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
        are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
        use that controller any longer.
      • Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
        or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
        or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
        immediate forfeit of the match.
      • Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
        to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
        stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
        is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
        enforce this rule during a match.

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE STARTING ONCE THE EARLY TOURNAMENTS END (Around 4pm-5pm)=========

• Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
    • Being run by SweetJohnnyCage/IcyCool/MEEEEEEEEEEE
    • Two stations will be active during tournament, converting to a back to back setup for Top 8
    • Double Elimination
    • Top 8 will be recorded once again with commentary by Tinshi and whoever else wants to!

• Guilty Gear: Accent Core
    • Being run by Mike/KayinNasaki
    • Double elimination

• Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    • Being run by Phil/9.95
    • Double elimination

• Super Street Fighter II Turbo
    • Being run by Sean/Vizard
    • Speed - Free select turbo 3
    • Gouki/Akuma is BANNED
    • Double Elimination, 2/3 until Finals, 3/5 Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE SIDE TOURNAMENTS AND WILL BE RUN WHEN ENOUGH PEOPLE ENTER!!!!=====

• Mortal Kombat 2
    • Being run by Phil/9.95
    • Throwing Disabled Option is BANNED
    • Double elimination

More rules and tournament runners to be added soon!

P.S.
For those of you who are wondering what happened to Castle Fight Night 9, it was run by someone else, but I don't want to confuse people, so I'm just moving onto 10.

See you there!

SweetJohnnyCage

Smash Rookie
Can I please get some feedback from this community? It seems to be a hit on every other forum but this one. What's up guys?

SweetJohnnyCage

Smash Rookie
I updated the rules with Smash rules and pretty much every other game. Please guys, how about some feedback?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
awesome, a soulcalibur 4 tournament! i may be pretty bad at the game after a few weeks without playing but it will still be fun, maxi and the apprentice ftw!

SweetJohnnyCage

Smash Rookie
Finally some responses! Do you guys have any suggestions for this tournament that you haven't seen in the past?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
uh, for sc4, have a ps3 and xbox 360 division so you don't have to ban characters and you get more money for tournaments for it

for smash bros use sbr reccomemnded cps

also, make it earlier, i don't wanna wait that long, make it like in two weeks, and if you need an online bracket organizer i can get it for you

SweetJohnnyCage

Smash Rookie
I can't make the tournament earlier since I already scheduled a date with Lance that works for a lot of people.

I have brackets that I've been using for a long time now, but thanks. I actually use my laptop and I bring a printer so everything can be fixed whenever it needs to be fixed.

SweetJohnnyCage

Smash Rookie
I updated the first post with new information for 3rd Strike and both Mortal Kombat games being run. Just over a month to go guys!

doommachine15

Smash Ace
Yea sorry everyone Will and I aren't running this one, but we know they run great tournaments and we will be there playing in brawl.

So See You There!

doommachine15

Smash Ace
And BTW I will have a talk with them about changing the rules back to Will and I's Rules which are used at the EC Regional Circuit events because the guy ryan thats running it is out of date on the rules. And if thats the case...MK is banned.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Yeah and this time we'll definitely have the means to run the tournament through Tio, the computer program that self generates brackets, so it will easily be a lot smoother in transition than ever possible before. Get at this tourney everyone!

doommachine15

Smash Ace
Everyone should come to this because so many people are coming from every game community and colleges and we're advertising in high schools now!

so everyone come down and we're going to have a great tournament!

SweetJohnnyCage

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around updating this thread, but we had to reschedule the tournament due to an overbooking at Castle Golf for November 1st. The new tournament date is November 15th, two weeks after the original date. I'm truly sorry for this inconvenience, I'm just as pissed as you guys probably are, believe me.

I also updated the rules for Smash as per doommachine15, so be sure to check those out for more information. I also removed Soulcalibur 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 from the list since no interest was shown in either of those games.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Alright a set date. I'll defenitly be attending this one. I'm assuming Brawl with be singles and doubles? Just making sure before I ask my partner to come down for this one.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
its great to start seeing Metaknight being banned. although i do aproove of standing chain grabs being banned, but why walking chain grabs. This just about kills Dedede's game.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
walking chaingrabs is like the seminfinite

ddd can do this thing against bowser and ddd where he dthrows, takes literally one step forward and grabs again, this lets you do like 0 to 80 across bf

thats whats banned

Top Bottom