• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just realized how much I want Simon Belmont in this game, so I dug up this thread. ARISE!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How have I not found this thread yet? Simon Belmont is one of those characters I want so badly it hurts, and desperately hope he has some kind of a chance. (I mean it's a Classic series that debuted on Nintendo. COME ON!)

The one character I'd be OK with losing Snake over. (In terms of Third Parties.)

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'd like his Mirror of Fate design to be playable
It's just so cool looking, cool beard, cool outfit, Smokin Body

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
And maybe he could have the attire of other similar characters like his father Trevor Belmont as alternate costumes/colors.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, here are two videos for reference on a movelist I am working on. I know Judgement, and it's designs, are horrible,,,,, but the whip attacks are good for reference.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think if a Belmont is included in Smash, it should emulate the classic style of Castlevania. I actually liked Lords of Shadow quite a bit, but Gabriel isn't really a Nintendo All Star..... while Simon is. I also think the movelist should borrow heavily from the NES and SNES games, since that is the most iconic Simon (just like how Megaman takes his moves mostly from his NES games.) I also mixed in a few of Richter's moves as all Belmonts have similar fighting styles and the moves fit Simon. I was careful to make the movelist whip heavy (no punching) and to include all the sub weapons from the original Castlevania.

Simon Belmont's Movelist:

A: Whip Combo. Tapping A results in the standard whip combo from Castlevania Judgement.

A-Side: Over head whip attack. Comes in at an angle, has further range then all but the last attack of the whip combo.

A-up: Vertical Whip Strike. A whip strike straight up into the air, like in Super Castlevania

A-down: Slide kick.

Side Smash: Flame Whip -Castlevania 2's ultimate whip and a (temporary) power up to the Vampire Killer Whip in its other appearances. Hold the whip back and charge it with holy energy, lighting it on fire. The longer you hold the whip the stronger the fire effect.

Up Smash: Axe toss. Toss a battle axe above you, it will descend in a slow arc.

Down Smash: Holy water. Toss a bottle of holy water below you. The bottle will explode into blue flames damaging enemies on both sides of you.

Air Neutral: Spin Kick (See Richter's move's from Harmony of Despair)

Fair: Forward whip strike.

Bair: Reverse Whip Strike

Uair: Vertical whip strike

Dair: Downward whip strike (the air moves might be boring, but they stay true to Super Castlevania, which is probably Simon's most beloved appearance)

B: Dagger. Throws a quick, light damage projectile in front of you. Fairly spammable.

B-Side: Cross boomerang. Throws a slow moving but hard hitting projectile. Moves forward and then backwards in a straight line

B-Up: Upper cut (See Richter's move's from Harmony of Despair - Simon does a similar move in Judgment with more visual flair, it could be based on that move visually )

B-Down: Whip "Shield" - Spin the vampire hunter whip around you rapidly, reflecting all projectiles (at an angle, not back towards your opponent) and dealing small amounts of damage with no knockback at a rapid pace. Move originates in Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

Dash Attack: Tackle (See Richter's move's from Harmony of Despair)

Final Smash: Stop Watch - everyone but Simon is held in place, making it easy for Simon to go up to them and knock them out. Other options include item crashes and the powered up flame whip, which would make all whip attacks hit as hard as a fully charged side smash.

The whip will be used for grabs and tether recovery. Simon should also be able to crawl and whip at the same time, like in Super Castlevania.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
If Gabriel showed up in this game, I don't even know what I would do. I only started playing since lords of shadow but I do know about Simon and Trevor. I just can't see them making a character like this in ssb graphics

He's a badass though and would have such a unique moveset but I think he is far away from smash bros.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
If it was Simon, he and Rosalina could be "hair covering an eye" buddies

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still can't believe this topic gets buried so quickly. I wonder if it's mostly because Snake is already a Konami third party character. If Snake was never in the game, would Simon (or another Belmont) be higher on people's lists?

It's kind of sad that my most wanted third party characters (Bomberman and Simon Belmont) are both owned by Konami, but I'm not too crazy about having too many third party characters in general so maybe it's for the best.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Soma Cruz'd be cool.

As would Jonothan Morris (Portrait of Ruin).

Anyone ever play that six player castlevania game on xbox live? Was pretty awesome.

Also, damn Konami owns a lot of awesome third parties. I remember on GBA they made a game called Krazy Racers with their mascot characters. Except their mascots sucked then and their castlevania entrant was 'Dracula" rather than any protagonist.

But a Konami styled smash bros. with Goemon, Bomberman, Belmonts, Alucard, Bonk, One of the Contra guys, might be the best smash clone that could happen.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I'd take a Belmont over snake anyday
I just feels it's because snake is much more popular than the castlevania series

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom