• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celadon City タマム - East Coast Regional BRAWL+ Monthlies: Dec 12th CANCELED!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I noticed a good amount of people looking for a place to play Brawl + and I decided to lend a hand. After speaking with Crismas ( a.k.a my awesome girlfriend ) and working with Gurukid and his crew Insomniac we decided to bring Brawl + its first ever MONTHLY TOURNAMENTS for the entire East Coast Area. If you play Brawl + there is no excuse to miss this. I am a great host, we have a great venue, and it will be fun time had by all.
In honor of Viridian and Saffron city names we will call this CELADON CITY.

Venue Info:

The E Spot
445 Central Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07307

http://www.theEspot.com

Tournament Sign-ups begin at 10am-12:30pm

Tournament Begins at 12:30pm

Here are the prices

Venue : $5
Singles : $10
Doubles : $10 per person ( $20 Team )

Rules :

4 stocks
8 mintues
Team attack on
Rules:

It will be all the standard stuff, and I'll use a conservative stage list since that's what people seem to prefer. Infinites are allowed and encouraged if you can find one.

Stage Striking is done for the first match than normal counter-picking rules

Starters:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:
Wario Ware
Lylat Cruise
Wifi Waiting Room
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pictochat

Stage-listis open to debate. Suggestions are welcome.

Custom music is fine but I will probably ban custom textures (excluding official B+ teams color fixes).

Directions :

I am going to be as helpful as possible in these directions so that everyone has an easy time getting to the venue. IF anyone has any direction suggestions that I should add or need help with please let me (Crismas) know!

From Bayonne:

• TRAIN: Take the LIGHT RAIL to PAVONIA NEWPORT and transfer to get the TONELLE AVENUE train. You will get off two stops later at the 9th street station. You will get on the elevator then go left to cross the street and will be on CONGRESS ST, walk all the way up to CENTRAL AVE and make a left and walk a couple blocks still on CENTRAL AVE and you will see the venue on the right side of the street.
From NYC by bus/train:
**NOTE there are many ways to go to this venue from NYC so I am listing the best possible ways**
  • Go to Port Authority (41st and 8th), go to Gate 51 and take the mini van, cost is only 2.50 -- You will take this bus to BLEECKER STREET (ask the bus driver). You will then walk 4 blocks down to Central Ave and voila! **NOTE, the mini vans do not have schedules but they run every 5 minutes, the last bus is 11:30pm going back to NYC**
  • Go to Port Authority and take the 125 bus at Gate 407 (SCHEDULE http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0125.pdf) to BLEECKER STREET (ask the bus driver). You will then walk 4 blocks down to Central Ave and voila!
  • Go to Port Authority and take the 126 bus (SCHEDULE AND GATE# http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0126.pdf) to HOBOKEN which is the last stop then follow any of the two directions below. **NOTE on this schedule, you'll see little notes, you can take the L or LL but not the S**
  • Go to 32nd and 6th ave to catch the PATH train to HOBOKEN once there you will catch the 85 bus at the terminal (look for the marquee that says what buses stop where), fare is 1.35 (SCHEDULE -- http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0085.pdf) and take it to Central Ave. You will see "Kay's Spring Garden" when you get off and you'll walk left of that down two blocks where the venue will be on the right side of the street. **NOTE I personally think this is the easiest way to get to the venue**
  • Alternate to above is to take the 87 bus (http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0087.pdf), you will get off at CONGRESS AND PALISADES and then walk up CONGRESS STREET until you reach CENTRAL AVE then take the same walking directions as above. **NOTE I only suggest this way if you're running late and wanna catch something quick**
I placed bus schedules next to every bus for a reason, so you're aware of times for going and leaving and planning your best course of travel!

From NYC by car:

Alright here is the deal I expect everyone to bring a Setup. There is absolutely no excuse for this tournament to have 3 setups when we should have 9 or 10. If you are to bring a tv you will receive a FREE venue fee but you HAVE to PM me because we may have enough tvs at the venue already.

Get hyped everyone lets support this and use this venue to have more places to play smash that are easy to get to.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
This is most exciting. The only problem I have going to this one is that it may be during my finals week, but we'll see. Other than that, Vermilion City for life, Lt. Surge was the man....baby.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
best TO + best venue = amazing :)

ppl have no excuse to not go. This is EASY to get to and not an issue at all for anyone to drive down to. Show up show support !!!!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
So is this at the same venue as Viridian city?

The directions seem the same but i can't find the part of the post that specifics it...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
awesome cannot wait to see u guys there. Please post in the atlantic north thread as well as that will be stickied soon like my other 2 tournament monthlies

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
price alone would not let them show XD

j.k sorry i can only accomidate for so many people. I cant go " oh this is on canadian holidays he wont show " or something like that.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
ill feel like such a hypocrite if I come to this and still haven't been to one viridian city tourney. I'll attempt to go to both.

Cia

das kwl
I hear a good amount of MD/VA play. get them in here! Also, you should put on the OP that the current official build will be used for the tournament. (which is 5.0 I believe)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
WW is totally a neutral. wtf.

Also, GGs EC. Make's me pround I was born and raised on EC.

Makes me said I dont live in VA anymore lol.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
What is タマム? Tamamu? wut?

Also +1 for Brawl Crack...

Also, Ness is top tier in this version of Brawl+... :'(

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
What is タマム? Tamamu? wut?
Also +1 for Brawl Crack...

Also, Ness is top tier in this version of Brawl+... :'(
Supposedly Ness is pretty good...and LOOOOOL at the haley avatar xD

Oh Tec0 you silly alcoholic...