• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm bringing a full set up(melee) and recording equipment as well. no promises on uploading tons of matches. I kind of just like recording my own stuff
Added to setups list.

For future reference for anyone else bringing setups, if you are bringing a full setup, please specify that you are bringing a TV and which game you are bringing it for. I know full setup should mean TV+System+Game, but I don't want to assume you are bringing a full setup and then I don't see a TV with you. I just need to make sure and this will help me a lot.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
JUST got my ticket for 40$. you guys have 9hrs before online badge purchasing closes i believe

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
JUST got my ticket for 40$. you guys have 9hrs before online badge purchasing closes i believe
You are correct.

However, don't fret if you miss this deadline tonight. You can still register at the door and if you are only entering Smash, you pay $30 instead of $40 for the door fee.

Benny, please tell me you're entering more than just Smash?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hmmm $20 to play friendlies and close to $10 in gas to get there.

Maybe.

Who from UCF is going saturday?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hey Dtorr, on the setup list. The two setups RedHalberd is bringing are two of those possible three setups I mentioned. Just for accuracy purposes, could you scratch off two of the backup setups.

I myself might be able to bring a full one.

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Hey Dtorr, on the setup list. The two setups RedHalberd is bringing are two of those possible three setups I mentioned. Just for accuracy purposes, could you scratch off two of the backup setups.

I myself might be able to bring a full one.

OK. Thanks for notifying me of this. Editing it right now.

I'll put in the Back-up List for now (and with a question mark).

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm $20 to play friendlies and close to $10 in gas to get there.

Maybe.

Who from UCF is going saturday?
Really? I'm paying like 200 dollars to go to CEO, (Hotel, gas, food, etc), and I know I'm not gonna win money... The chance to play against the best of the best and the fun of smash tournies is well worth my money.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Really? I'm paying like 200 dollars to go to CEO, (Hotel, gas, food, etc), and I know I'm not gonna win money... The chance to play against the best of the best and the fun of smash tournies is well worth my money.
I've been playing competitive smash for like 6 years man...

And this isn't even going to be a big smash tourney. So it's not like this is something I haven't seen 300 times already haha (I don't play any other fighters). Plus I don't really even enter tourneys anymore, I just come for friendlies.

So paying $20 for friendlies isn't exactly extremely appealing.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I've been playing competitive smash for like 6 years man...

And this isn't even going to be a big smash tourney. So it's not like this is something I haven't seen 300 times already haha (I don't play any other fighters). Plus I don't really even enter tourneys anymore, I just come for friendlies.

So paying $20 for friendlies isn't exactly extremely appealing.
2 Words, Your Loss.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i will do seriouslies and mm's at this. get at me while i get at you.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i will do seriouslies and mm's at this. get at me while i get at you.
i can get at you while you chase me in seriouslies

dunno if ill be doing any MMs...probably should, if i have time. I gotta win this tourney to have alittle extra spending money for genesis. sorry guys :laugh:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
i can get at you while you chase me in seriouslies

dunno if ill be doing any MMs...probably should, if i have time. I gotta win this tourney to have alittle extra spending money for genesis. sorry guys :laugh:
Wario ditto seriouslies?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
2 Words, Your Loss.
Hey, can you answer this concern of mine? It's really important. :scared:

Problem: I don't use stick.

I can only play on the PS3 pad. My execution severely suffers on the 360 pad. Can you inform anyone who has a converter to bring one? I don't know anyone in the MvC3 community, so I can't do it myself. I also can't buy one now because apparently you can't obtain it through conventional means and buying it online would make it arrive too late. =/
I know I may be asking much, but I need your help for this.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
2 Words, Your Loss.
Don't worry man I'm not trying to bash your tourney or anything.

Was just trying to explain to the guy why I'm not ecstatic about paying $20 for friendlies.

In 6 years I doubt he will be either.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
What time will you guys be getting there Saturday morning? I want an average range to base my arrival time on since I have roughly an hour to drive.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
What time will you guys be getting there Saturday morning? I want an average range to base my arrival time on since I have roughly an hour to drive.
Venue on saturday opens at 9am and registration should start soon after.

Also, Drew, sorry for that outburst on FB. I'm just livid that my crew can't assure me a ride but they can pick up Top SSFIV and MvC3 players. I apologize again.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
these late night openings. we clearly need to have a party during the day know what i mean?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea i srsly hope ppl/smashers make plans during the day cuz **** 7-9pm is ****ing late :\...i would suggest not playing smash whole day to not get ****ing bored of smash but srsly we need something HYPE AS **** to do...know what im saying senor torres. **** lets go to the mall and prank ppl...spend a good hr or 2 in jail then before you know it its tourney time :3 do this roughly 4x and the weekend should be fun =D

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
yea i srsly hope ppl/smashers make plans during the day cuz **** 7-9pm is ****ing late :\...i would suggest not playing smash whole day to not get ****ing bored of smash but srsly we need something HYPE AS **** to do...know what im saying senor torres. **** lets go to the mall and prank ppl...spend a good hr or 2 in jail then before you know it its tourney time :3 do this roughly 4x and the weekend should be fun =D
Unfortunately, I have to be a table registering people and making sure Brawl runs right. Can't go with you bruh.

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
I can, lets start this party DFEAR!!!!!!!! HYPE

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I know what you're sayin' DFEAR.

I might go to this now.
I'm seriously considering it.
If i did though, i'd want to go to the con both days.

Still working on finances.
But if anything i'll spectate.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Venue on saturday opens at 9am and registration should start soon after.

Also, Drew, sorry for that outburst on FB. I'm just livid that my crew can't assure me a ride but they can pick up Top SSFIV and MvC3 players. I apologize again.

[collapse="Fees & Schedule"][/collapse]

[collapse="Smash Setups List"][/collapse]
Don't sweat it.

I know what you're sayin' DFEAR.

I might go to this now.
I'm seriously considering it.
If i did though, i'd want to go to the con both days.

Still working on finances.
But if anything i'll spectate.
You got two days to get some greens, better hurry and make it...

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Lol.
Idk where to get da greens.

Whats the expected OOS attendance?
I'd rather not spend 40$ on a local for like, 30 people.
But if thats whats going to end up happening, ill just spectate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom