• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well its at a hotel so...

:phone:
I meant being able to sleep in the venue without having to pay for a hotel room (since I haven't booked a hotel room with them and can't afford to spend over 100$ on housing).

The other option is to just go back home each night (it's a long drive, but at least I wont be stranded or anything).

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yo... so who's actually going to this. I feel like Brawl attendance is only gonna be 30-40 range instead of somethin hype. I'll def enter Melee if enough people show up though...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yo... so who's actually going to this. I feel like Brawl attendance is only gonna be 30-40 range instead of somethin hype. I'll def enter Melee if enough people show up though...
30-40 for Brawl? I think we'd be lucky if Melee got 15-20 :(

guys guys...just go and enjoy the tourney. if your game ends earlier than expected, thats more time for you to go out and hang on i-drive or watch the other legit games there.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Who cares about the venue?

Jigglypuff vs. Falcon is more important...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Who cares about the venue?

Jigglypuff vs. Falcon is more important...
Sorry dude but whatever humor you were after went right over my head lol...

I wanna know what time the venue closes so I know whether or not to waste my time driving down there or not. Obviously I don't wanna leave at 9, show up at 9:30 and then the venue closes at 10.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
It's a hotel so it won't actually close unfortunately I can't seem to find what time they close everything down

pesticide

Smash Lord
Yo CEO is legit. The venue is legit. MvC3 hype on the big screen is legit (even tho I don't play it). Free NOS drinks are legit. Random dancing is legit. Brawl dubs was legit. Team apopka was legit.

Sleep is soundin legit right now

Zzzzzz.....

dmac

Smash Champion
who was on team melee is the best game in mvc3? just watched... some bad **** go down for them :( lost to a pretty stacked team

Sox

Smash Journeyman
Yes so Smash can get barely 500 viewers like every other major.
You're so awesome, douchebag.

@ alexstrife: you're right, not to mention the fighting game enthusiasts who are already watching the stream that may enjoy their first views of competitive smash

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It shouldnt be. It is a side event and would just cause too much drama with stream monsters.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
lol if it aint marvel there's drama with stream monsters

priority goes: MVC3>>>>>>>AE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MK9

i agree death threats would be sent if they put smash on lol

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It saddens me that smash can't get this kind of hype or attention most of the time.:(

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
its not that its that we are looking for acceptance from the wrong people...

we are not a fighting game....only in the basic sense. We have our own players and our own community and it is only lately that we have ventured into other games.

We should support our own evo-like events like Road to Apex and Apex 2012 so that we can grow as a community. Once we grow up and do things ourselves and respect ourselves will we get it together.

Also we have a lot to work to do regarding stream production.

Either way thanks to Jbailey for putting this together.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Guys, this just wasn't very well received, advertised, or hyped by the florida smash community.

It would be an awful example of smash to stream anyway. So no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom