• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CG practice.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
lvl 1 fox will di hard behind you every time, which should help your general timing with the dash/jc grabs a good bit. But with humans you have to watch their di and react as necessary.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The harder ones to CG is the slight DI in front or behind you.

Because its difficult to determine which way to grab sometimes.

I think lvl 4s might do that? I really don't remember. Its not too difficult to do ever, maybe just practice it on human players?

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Yeah Lvl 4's is the way to go.

At around 25% start practicing pivot chaingrabs so that you don't get shined out by human players.

smasher01

Smash Ace
yes if only all marths could CG perfectly like M2K hes me hero
what else can we talk about that has to do with CG that will make us better

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
cough

practice on humans .__. it's easy once you learn it. Then mix things up with SHFFL'd Uairs and such. Hit with the very inside of the blade at lower % (maybe around high 20s low 30s) and you get an Fsmash. Stuff like that

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
i practiced in training, and computer set on Evade, i think they vary their DI
but many humans just don't DI, cause it's easier to set free at 20% with shine, or you failing at pivot grab (wich is very difficult imo).
Following full side DI is really easy, pivot is the hard stuff, if you just can't, start Utilting, if he falls, jab reset, or tech chase if you couldn't jab reset.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
When M2K came to washington for tourney play a few weeks ago i saw him warming up before the grand finals. He just chose 99 stock and a lvl 4 fox and CG'd him to about 27 and then uptilt to upthrow to **** to either a dair or a fsmash and then if needed, one of his ridiculous edgeguards. Basically 0-deaths on lvl 4 comps is m2k's warmup routine and it actually works pretty well. the lvl 4 comps dont DI that far but they don't really have a predictable pattern so it teaches you to watch their DI.

Top Bottom