• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CG to Lazerlock

MTqq

Smash Rookie
I'm not 100% sure if people know about this or not, did try to search both smashboards and google for answers.

Anyway, since my RL pals wont game with me, I'm just messing around, and wanted to make something fun with Falco.
I assume everyone already knows about his CG, Pivot CG and Lazer lock.
I combined the two, making it into a quite cheap, but fun combo that gets your opponent from 0% to about 130%, It's as easy as just pulling of a normal CG.

Would upload a video if I could record, so will explain with words, try it out, here goes.

Start with a chaingrab, 3 grabs or so then one pivot grab. Dash and SH Dair and start the lazer lock.
Ofcourse you don't NEED to pivot grab, but you'll more likely get a longer lazer lock for doing so.

Thats it, easy as pie, have fun.
I haven't tried on every char, but i can verify that it works on most chars that you can chaingrab.
Started testing on G&W in training, then changed to a lvl 9 cpu, also tried vs human players thats DI'ing and doing everything to escape.

Sorry if this is already common knowledge, i did not know about it, nor do i take credit for it if it's already been discovered. (Mainly doing a thread since i didn't find any)

/MT

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
it doesn't work they can get up before you start the laser even if they don't tech it

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Laser lock is too situational, so I don't think it really matters much. It only works if the person screws up.
Well, they don't tech all the time, so there's always a possibility to screw up. But as DEHF said, I don't think Falco can always laserlock the opponent unless the guy takes too much time to stand up.

AGENT-DOUBLE-D

Smash Rookie
well you dont HAVE to use the dair to initiate the LAYZOR!!!!1!111!11!! lock,
most noted by me when i play captain falcon, i can CG him to like 36 or so then fthrow, and if he doesnt tech... he is screwed, you get less reaction time to tech with fast falling chars like captain falcon...

Denzi

Smash Master
well you dont HAVE to use the dair to initiate the LAYZOR!!!!1!111!11!! lock,
most noted by me when i play captain falcon, i can CG him to like 36 or so then fthrow, and if he doesnt tech... he is screwed, you get less reaction time to tech with fast falling chars like captain falcon...
But it still isn't guaranteed.

Also someone who plays a fast falling character should still have the timing down for something as basic as teching.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Or he can just DI up and airdodge/attack, laserlocks are very rare in competitive scene, I got it like once ever against really good people. And none in a tournament match, don't want to burst your bubble but I think you shoukd focus on his other techs/tricks rather than lazerlock.

@ Denzi: Gorz is broken.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
we need more laser lock setups though, mind game down throw at high percent then laser lock. The mind game is that when they DI, they will prolly DI away instead of up, and then you can laser lock em if they miss the tech, same thing with dash attack, it can send them pretty low, and therefore open up a posibility to laser lock. Laser locking can really improve falco.

Top Bottom