• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

pockyD

Smash Legend
what does the D in pockyD stand for?

if it stands for anything
At some point in HS, I was watching the spelling bee (I know, I was amazingly cool and still am) and the winning word was "pococurante" - which means something like indifferent... now, being a typical "cool" high schooler who "didn't care about anything", i thought it would be cool, so i started using the name when i played CS

Then I shortened it to "poc" at some point in irc so it wouldn't be super long and take up a lot of space

Then one day, my clan was doing gimmick names to try to look like little kids, so I tacked on a suffix and a face and it became "pocky :D"

Then, when I had to register for stuff, a space and a colon weren't viable characters, so it became "pockyD"

It has nothing to do with the candy, and the D is part of a smiley face (hence 'pocky smiles' like brandon uses)
tttttttttt

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Oh yeah, I wear those shirts outside of tourneys, too. It didn't occur to me that the shirts coupled with my long hair could make me look like a hippie until well after I started wearing them.

One of my professors last quarter would joke about my "mushroom habit" occasionally.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
i wish I could change my name also cause im tired of people asking if im Gaara's house or living quarters

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I believe in not giving yourself a nickname.

I was super addicted to the NES when I was 3 and my mom would pop in the room saying, "There's my little Nintendoking."

I did it for the family. It was either Nintendoking or DinkleSpink. Ehhhh....

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if i went by nintendoking's logic, my smash name would be asshole. that isn't much worse than lumpy, i guess.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah.
once you're known (even locally) you can never REALLY change your name.
i could get away with changing my smash name, but having a terrible name is part of my gimmick.

Hella

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know mine? Cause I don't.

Hella? Hella Style? Hella Nick? Hella Nick Style? HellaHellaStyle?

And forget the newbestpeach. Its all about the oldbestpeach.

SuperRad

Smash Master
apparently i dont understand then
but those are both different names than what you currently use

really its just too bad there's another kevin in norcal. first names are way better than tags most of the time.

i managed to be the only brian for a long time, i think

Top Bottom