• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grab to FAir against Metaknight

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
OK, I am having trouble landing the so called "guaranteed" fair on metaknight after the chaingrab. I can do it against good metaknights, but when I play the really good metaknights in my state, I cannot seem to land it.

Is it really guaranteed if performed perfectly? My Yoshi is really strong against metaknights, but if I could get the chaingrab to fair down, it would really help, for Minnesota has like 5 metaknight mains that all place well.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I can only do it if they have poor aerial control after the release.

If it works, I'm not sure how to do it perfectly. I have a feeling my spacing and buffering is off, maybe.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
There will be something released soon that will help you out a little. But, you should use the Q&A thread

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem, it seems like they have just enough time to get out of the spike. I have the same problem with Ganondorf. He seems to be able to get an uair off in time...

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Yah Ganondorf is the same way, he can get his uair out b4 I can spike.

@Yinlong: What do you mean, if you are asking if I sweetspot the fair, if I hit metaknight, I get it sweetspotted, cause if I do not sweetspot the fair, I was definitely way too late.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
its only a guaranteed fair for metaknight if you're a little bit away from the edge (the sweetspot), he can escape if ur on the very very edge

this is different from ganon, who gets fair'ed on the very very edge (lol can't find better words)

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
its only a guaranteed fair for metaknight if you're a little bit away from the edge (the sweetspot), he can escape if ur on the very very edge

this is different from ganon, who gets fair'ed on the very very edge (lol can't find better words)
I knew that you had to be a bit away from the ledge, but can't you compensate for being right on the edge by waiting a brief moment before attempting to spike.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've noticed you have to be RIGHT on the sweetspot. pretty much any pixel in difference and the MK can escape, you don't get the guaranteed spike very often because yoshi slides alot sometimes and not at all sometimes during the chaingrab so it's hard to set-up (more than half time time i get the sweetspot they aren't in spike kill percents which sucks too)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Ah, that would make lots of sense.

OH SNAP I REMEMBER THIS COMING UP WHEN IT WAS BEING TALKED ABOUT MONTHS AGO

WTF I can't believe I forgot about this. >_<

I feel silly now. Oh well, this is awesome to relearn.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Chaco has Mmac's original post on the grab-release-to-spike stuff on his "Yoshi's Story" sticky. It's rather helpful to learn, since there are obscure characters on that list (i.e., those who don't get CGed). I remember the one tourney I went to a couple months ago at my school (it was a short thing, for charity, single elimination, best-of-one), I got it on a Sheik ftw. It was pretty funny actually, another Yoshi guy that was there saw that (I think it was the Yoshi guy), and was like, "Somebody reads Smashboards."

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Chaco has Mmac's original post on the grab-release-to-spike stuff on his "Yoshi's Story" sticky. It's rather helpful to learn, since there are obscure characters on that list (i.e., those who don't get CGed). I remember the one tourney I went to a couple months ago at my school (it was a short thing, for charity, single elimination, best-of-one), I got it on a Sheik ftw. It was pretty funny actually, another Yoshi guy that was there saw that (I think it was the Yoshi guy), and was like, "Somebody reads Smashboards."
Yah the guides really help, I was just always wondering why I could not get the spike, alot of times I just go for the spike after I know they gunna jump.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol niiiice.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever missed it on MK though. You have to be in a certain spot on the release so he doesn't go to far or to short, so your far sweetspots.

These marks, mark it. Lol.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Depends on how the person reacts to the release. But with Meta it's a bit wider range since it's pretty easy to do to him.

Top Bottom