• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grabbing MK *UPDATED! SEE 1st POST*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth can pretty much do a fully charged shield breaker he has so much frame advantage after fthrow on mk at 0%.

Just the timing for it is hella annoying.

(Actually, I believe fthrow to shield breaker uncharged is actually real, by about 1 frame)

Saybr

Smash Rookie
Chain grab on MK? I definitely need to learn this! Looking forward to the vid!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
another thread about MK??? NOOOOOOO

inb4mycounterprtlocksthis

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You got this Zigsta, btw why do Bowsers not Chain Grab characters via pummel release?
Bowser has GR chain grabs on a handful of the cast--Samus being one of them--but my timing was off in friendlies, so I didn't risk it in the MM.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Having just been reading a "True Combo" list for Marth, I'm thinking we should def. test this stuff out on all characters and get it on the drawing board.

SOMEBODY STICKY that discussion

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Is there like gonna be a video tutorial of this coming up soon? a noob like me who doesnt even understand all these frame data business needs a video tutorial for nubs :p

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Fthrow>Dthrow>Fsmash on MK is certainly not guaranteed :(

and the problem is the fsmash.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
I've been doing this on MK for quite some time now:

f-throw -> uptilt -> shield their dair -> regrab (you don't have to move) -> GR fair

28%

They have 3 options after the uptilt: dair, jump, and airdodge. Two of which get ***** by Marth. Just hold shield after uptilt (important). They daired? Grab. They airdodged? Side-b. As for if they jump, you can read their landing. It's really unlikely that they do anything else, but like I said, just hold shield.

And yes, the uptilt is guaranteed.

Use this as a mixup, as almost no MKs know about it.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac

f-throw -> uptilt -> shield their dair -> regrab (you don't have to move) -> GR fair

28%

They have 3 options after the uptilt: dair, jump, and airdodge. Two of which get ***** by Marth. Just hold shield after uptilt (important). They daired? Grab. They airdodged? Side-b. As for if they jump, you can read their landing. It's really unlikely that they do anything else, but like I said, just hold shield.

Jump with a covering Dair -> land either with a retreating aerial or tornado.
I don't see why that setup would work on a good MK.

The chaingrab on MK is ridiculously easy when the prospect of DAC-grab comes in.
THANK YOU for the find Kadaj. I was getting sick of the occasional slip on dthrowing Falco and getting dthrowed back.

Why wasn't this figured out when DAC-grab was discovered?!?!?!?!?!!?

Albert.

Smash Master

28%

I really really hope you're a troll.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
It's just food for thought.

@ Albert - how?

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
Wow, really nice find Kadaj. I've been practicing this now and I'm getting the hang of it.
*hoping to pull this off against a MK*

Oh btw, I'm a new marth so you may not know me at all. xD

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Is this worth it over the fthrow -> neutral air into grab/fsmash/sideb combo? Doesn't seem that way unless the MK is too near the ledge.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
^ the 1st hit of nair is DI'ABLE so its not guarenteed.
i still use it alot though XD s

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I guess if you do it more than once the opponent would adapt, that makes sense.

I think Grab pummel to grab release and boost regrab would be a cool mindgame to do on someone and get them closer to the ledge.
Mr R you use SideB to catch them and regrab don't you? You think boost regrab is better or worse in the frames it gives the opponent to react?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I believe we've known about a Dthrow CG since 08. Also, Dthrow - Fthrow - Fsmash should be guaranteed, even if Fthrow, Dthrow, Fsmash is not.

I'm not 100% sure though, I forget. I LOL at the idea of using Fsmash straight from a throw against MK now.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Fthrow > Fthrow > Fsmash is 27% and hella easy, you just have to delay the fsmash by like 15ish frames. I'll test it later.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
This thread would be a 1000x better if you had a video.
I would totally help the Marth Boards, if I had any idea what the hell I was talking about half the time.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I can't make a video, but I can make an text drawing thing

:metaknight: 0% + :marth: (does boost grabs following explanation) = :metaknight: 32% probably

You're all welcome. Especially you, the reader.

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
Fthrow>Nair>Fsmash is almost the same %. ofcourse MK can di out it of. but you have plenty options with Fthrow>Nair. I don't think it's worth pulling of a much harder CG...

but that's just me :]

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Really? it's like saying I know I can CG Falco but instead of dealing this guaranteed damage let me go for this gimmick and hope they don't have the brains to just hold down after the forward throw and then go on to hit me with the frame adv. they now have from doing something so simple as just HOLDING DOWN.

It's not even hard once you get the timing down which it took me all of 30 mins to do so mainly because I hadn't practiced DAC Grabbing before.

Top Bottom