• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CHAIN LIGHTNING - a Pichu Combo Vid (that's right, PICHU!)

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
DaaaaaaaaaaUM, that up b zip at the end against Marth was far too cool. I kinda got to agree with NGCXX on some of the combos being easy to DI, but that would really be limited to the longest of the juggles (that CF early on seemed to be DIing horribly. I play CF and I KNOW he can get away from that). The chainthrows were hella cool too, I assume you need to jump cancel them? And can you tech the f-throw chains? Though I must point out that the damage trade is nearly even, so with Pichu's light weight, it would seem best to avoid that f-throw.

Anyways, props to the choice of music and tight editing, but the only minus here is the lack of choosing to use the standard video format i.e. something that Windows Media Player can play. We would all love to see it downloadable.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
yo how did u make it like a dvd on putfile? im me at doyoung2win. that is really great editing. i didnt watch it yet because i was so excited about how u edited it i came here to post.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Kyle Broflovski said:
DaaaaaaaaaaUM, that up b zip at the end against Marth was far too cool. I kinda got to agree with NGCXX on some of the combos being easy to DI, but that would really be limited to the longest of the juggles (that CF early on seemed to be DIing horribly. I play CF and I KNOW he can get away from that). The chainthrows were hella cool too, I assume you need to jump cancel them? And can you tech the f-throw chains? Though I must point out that the damage trade is nearly even, so with Pichu's light weight, it would seem best to avoid that f-throw.

Anyways, props to the choice of music and tight editing, but the only minus here is the lack of choosing to use the standard video format i.e. something that Windows Media Player can play. We would all love to see it downloadable.
Trust me, those DI's were not horrible. If they were, you'd see that I'd be at 4 Stock and him on his last, haha. Captain Falcons are easy to juggle.
You don't need to jump cancel the throws, but I usually jump cancel most of mine.
The chain throw cannot be Teched until 50%, which is why Peach got U-Smashed about that percent, heh heh. And it is worth the trade-off because a good Pichu player will make it hard for those heavy hits to land, so might as well go all out and ignore the damage you're doing to yourself.

Sorry, couldn't export in any format you'd want because the buttons, menu, and coding wouldn't work if it were in something like an .avi file. Plus, it's a smaller file size, I <3 Flash.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wow, nice use of the up B and f-air
*drops foxandfalco for pikachuandpichu*

best smash bros vid ever made, im serious

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
lol Ballroom Blitz.

Not bad at all. It's good to know that there is a decent Pichu player in this world.

Smash Cadet
i enjoyed this movie alot. very nice editing and i really liked how you made the attacks go with the music. i also laughed at a few parts. so your movie was just all together amazing. very nice job

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I have Flash 8, yet I can't watch this video, only listen to the music and read about you. Tell me what I'm doing wrong: I use the second link, then wait until that scene with Pichu doing Thunder on ICs. I can click on three different links. One directs me to a black screen with music, onother to a biography, and the third to a menu with 8 options. Yet, wichever of these I choose, I get a black screen and different songstarts of the same song.

IVP

Smash Ace
Very good Pichu. I think ur Pichu is a little bit better than mine. My Oichu pwns 2. Keep up the top tier work. (or should I say bottom tier work ^_^)

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm working on getting the file into an .mpg or something that will be able to be put on Google & Youtube for those of you who are having problems with Flash Players.

foxandfalco said:
wow, nice use of the up B and f-air
*drops foxandfalco for pikachuandpichu*

best smash bros vid ever made, im serious
That was funny & thanks for the compliment, I know you know your vids!

=KMH=

Smash Rookie
Nice combo vid
very good editing, good choice of music, it was very nice to see the attacks go with the music
8/10 in my opinion...
pichu 4 top tier :ugly:

silversh4d0w

Smash Apprentice
Amazing, Tommy. This is one of the few videos that has good composition, like Neal said. Very nice job.

Oh, and I'm glad that someone is finally using Flash, it's so versatile, props bro.

A+. Most enjoyable combo vid I've seen in a long time. ;)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Thanks for all the comments, they were all appreciated. I was going to make a video to go with my guide, but I don't know why anyone would want to go through the trouble of having a good Pichu, so I'll just drop it.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Tom, I am still trying to find my main, so you should make a video to go with your guide, to prompt me to play pichu. Also, on the Combo Vid, I cant see it, I have flash player 9 but it still wont play...

ja_ov

Smash Cadet
well, well, well

a pichu combo video that |20><0|2z

very nice, props for the awesome combos and props for those poor people who got owned by you. it takes balls to get tossed around by pichu and then let it be posted online.

overall beautiful video with nice graphics, definitely learned some unexpected pichu combos

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I know this is late since by now you've dropped Pichu, but nice vid
But do you hate Ness? You extended all of his KO's with video editing minus the last one.:(
What's with the arwing one though XD. You both died!
Again, great vid. Never knew Pichu could be such a beast.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
whoa. Cool flash menu. I don't know who you did that, but it was cool. I liked the chaingrabbing against the walls combos, and your finish was pretty cool. I'm actually gonna go try out pichu against my friends. (I've long said that it would take an act of god to make me play pichu, so by that logic TOMMY is god, which seems improbable. Oh well.)

JFox

Smash Hero
This was one of the most well made combo videos I've seen. Amazing job. And your pichu wasn't half bad either. In fact, who am I kidding, any pichu who can own like that is **** good. Good work.

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
WOW!
I never knew Pichu could be so great! He even has a neat fthrow combo, which would normally be considered his worst throw. And that menu makes your combo vid more unique than any other.:)

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
I can't believe I never replied to this! Great job T0mmy! Great mindgames and overall original techniques! I remember you talking to about them at OC2, lol.

T0MMY

Smash Master
i cant believe i never posted in here.

<3 this vid.

<3 j00.
I can't believe it either, seeing as you have a million posts you post in every thread ever created :laugh:

... can I buy advertising space in your signiture? :grin:

Mr.Crapper

Smash Rookie
I would just like to state that I idolize the maker of this video. Amazing Sir. Thank you for such a piece of work. Particularly the complementary music. Awesome.

PS4Lthekingofsmash

Smash Rookie
Great Pichu, used a lot of your ideas for myself. I main Pichu and Jiggs and love how you work with him. A cool combo that often does work is instead of a fair close to the ground, try a dair. It hits them for a bit more lag but is still fixed, does same damage and can actually be comboaed out of. Thanks a lot for showing People that Pichu is someone to be messed with.

Could you put this video on Google Video or Youtube? The filefront dl means I can't put it on my Ipod and show the world your awesome Pichu skills.

Hope to someday Pichu ditto you - PS4Lthekingofsmash

T0MMY

Smash Master
I can't find the file for this, and all the links don't work!
If anyone has a copy of this movie, please contact me... I'm fairly easy to get a hold of, either here or AiB.
Such a necro-bump... but very important. It'd be nice to have this movie back up and online for people to see. The video editing took me forever to get just right... animated intros and the whole works!

Top Bottom