• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaing Grab Release Fair Extention on Meta Knight

Chaco

Never Logs In
:yoshi:As you know by now the properly released CG on the edge will result in an inescapable Fair. Well this isn't always the case, if you don't release on the proper "mark" per se your opponent has time to react. Thus putting you in a generally bad position. So a main thing you wanna make sure you have is spacial awareness. A good Yoshi must have this, it's what keeps you out of harm's way while camping eggs.

So your probably wondering where I'm going with this by now, and it's not the right direction. I just wanted to make that point clear first. What I'm really getting at is an accident that happened to me, that proved inescapable (in my testing with a cousin mind you). So your wondering who it is on by now. The dreaded Meta Knight takes the prize today. So let me explain the scenario. I was at my second stock still, and he had just came back on his last. I dodge him for a bit and then pivot grab him, and CG him a good ways across FD. I stopped right on mark, and released into Fair. But he was only at 32%. That's when the "OH ****" Is running through your mind. Because you didn't kill him. Or that's what you think. By freak accident I had happened to continue holding down, and I noticed this at the end of MK's fall in which he could not input a move. So I DJ, to get back on stage. Well it footstooled him to a kill. I thought about this for a while and tried it on him again. Well what do you know, it worked again, and again, and again. Never once, when I released him at the right point, did he not get the footstool on him afterward.

I'm currently not sure if it works on all the other releasable characters. I just had to iron out Meta Knight first. I suggest you try this out, even on a CPU. I did it to them too. So just mess around with this and let me here how it worked for you.

I think you know the importance of "Don't get grabbed" as Meta playing us now. Getting a stock taken at the low side of 50% would suck hardcore at a tourney. I'll update tomorrow when I have found a plausible list of people that it can get.

Also, for reference. The release should be let at the red arrows on this image:

Chaco

Never Logs In
so you're saying metaknight can get killed at 0% now?
No it still wouldn't kill him at 0%, because of the set up that goes with it. Even if it was only two regrabs to fair starting at 0%, it would push him to around the upper 20%'s.

But it will kill at extremely low percents.

Depster

Smash Champion
This is new? 0_o Lol well I always get footstooled first, is it just me going too late or what?

Chaco

Never Logs In
You mean before you get the Fair in?

If so, you probably not going for it immediately after the release, or your releasing at the wrong point and missing and then getting punished.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Wow I really need to try this, one question I have, is there a trick on getting to the correct spot on the stage, or is it pretty much luck?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well buffering your dashes would help to have some control.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If this is done under 25%, I'm sure Meta Knight can footstool you.

Actually, I should probably have a video going up within a day or so of this happening to me recently.

Reverse footstools are a b*tch and a half. =_=

Good stuff on thinking of footstooling, though.

Chaco

Never Logs In

Actually, I should probably have a video going up within a day or so of this happening to me recently.

Well, when I did it, it was just after he gained control again. Like just after, so it footstooled him. I'm pretty sure this can be done, maybe you were off. :/

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Can you change the font color to bright, killing me eyes

Also thx for making this thread to clear it up for people you get the lil b seal of approval:

SEAL CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman

haha yeah, I remember that happening to me. It was the weirdest ****, it looked like mk teleported from under me to my head.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Can you change the font color to bright, killing me eyes

Also thx for making this thread to clear it up for people you get the lil b seal of approval:

SEAL CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Uhm, what the hell? Lol.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Because of the precise timing you need to spike MK, I don't try the spike much. I find the CG Release UpSmash much more efficient, seeing as it always hits and MK dies at 110-115%.

Meat Knights are so cake. Yoshi eats that cake.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Desided to do percent testing, Lv9 Meta starting at 49% dies with no chew to spike Fair. Has trouble at 48%, but nearly always recovers at 47%. It sets up to nearly always to the sweet spot, but if you don't do it in the 1-3? frame window he can shuttle loop out of it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I need to test this some more. I'm pretty positive when sweet spotted to fast fall, then foot stool it works.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
sooo....who does yoshi have trouble with? i need counter lol...>_>

i use MK wario and yoshi. MK = this thread. wario = isnt it ilke 30:70? lol. i don like dittos so i need counter :\

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
sooo....who does yoshi have trouble with? i need counter lol...>_>

i use MK wario and yoshi. MK = this thread. wario = isnt it ilke 30:70? lol. i don like dittos so i need counter :\
Wario vs. Yoshi is actually very close to even. Bwett has played both DMG and myself now and that's what he believes.

Top Bottom