• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrab on DK thru 55%

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I messed my title up. its thru 62% so far

Before anyone says this doesn't work read it, try it, then tell me if im right or wrong. i dont have uploading equipment so you guys are have to try it out.

so i was messin around with my friend who uses dk the other day when i found out pit can chain grab donkey thru 62% or more. its not the conventional just run f-throw run f-throw. i tested this out in infinite time mode and restarted after every test.

okay. so at 0% grab dk. then f-throw. then just do the DDD thing. walk forward and then grab again. now every f-throw after that can chain grab him whether you walk forward regrab or the more effective (and overall more damage dealing regrab wise) DAC grab to f-throw. also note that if you do any other move besides f-throw at any time after starting to throw him you have completely compromised the chain grab after walk regrab percents.

here is a list for which combo of chaingrabs can get you what percentages:
Legend:
w=walk
g=grab
f=forward throw
r=run
DAC=dash attack cancel
DACG=dash attack cancel grab
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUST GRAB AT ZERO FIRST! DAC instead of run is the second percent.
g>:
wg>wg>wg>wg=34%
wg>rg>DACG till finish at 62%
wg>rg>wg>rg> at 41%... 41%
wg>wg>rg>DACG 62%
wg>wg>DACG till 62% or more. this one sometimes lets you regrab till higher but i can't figure out why.

i did the testing i was too lazy to do and updated the chart^^. Glad to know i found out the wg to DACG thing. it makes a mean combo if you get them to the edge. chain grab>dash attack or f-tilt>eat jump with arrow>mirror sheild his recovery. got that combo recorded in match last stock zero to death.

thank you fellow pit mains

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
start a dash. then hit down on the c-stick. then hit sheild. you cannot use z to grab. it must be dash>c-stick down>sheild. thats the sequence of it. once you get the timing down its really easy. also even tho it doesn't look like it would effect his regrab range to the eye but trust me it does. its more obvious in the DAC reverse grab. also im going to eventually make a thread on the exact percents of pits chaingrabs for all characters. i hope to have this up tonight.

Edit: cant do it tonight. hopefully 2morrow night

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha sweetness btw Maha if u ever want some Pit replays up let me know but try to make them recent and offline friendly or tourney matches

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dude the matches will be hella recent. me and my friend just bought our wii a month ago. however we have been using my other friend pulse131's wii since brawl came out (just for experiance referance). all the replays are within a month on our wii and on pulse's only recent ones will get grabbed. thank you btw. ill get you some mind blowing matches/matchups both tourney and friendly.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
dude the matches will be hella recent. me and my friend just bought our wii a month ago. however we have been using my other friend pulse131's wii since brawl came out (just for experiance referance). all the replays are within a month on our wii and on pulse's only recent ones will get grabbed. thank you btw. ill get you some mind blowing matches/matchups both tourney and friendly.
kk if u have wifi just let me know when through PM on SWF and we'lll register each other i want pit videos from all of us up since well we dont have many Pit peoples ;-; and not to mention having a gameplay to go with da person so we know what to help out with ^^ im gonna have more up after a tourney saturday :D have u seeen any of mine yet?

My YT channel is TJKuro if u havent o3o

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yes i have seen your vids. they're great :) i can't connect my wii to wifi or the textures go bye bye for good on 4.0. cant have that happenin. but i will try to get videos onto youtube and then let you add them that way if that works.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
yes i have seen your vids. they're great :) i can't connect my wii to wifi or the textures go bye bye for good on 4.0. cant have that happenin. but i will try to get videos onto youtube and then let you add them that way if that works.
first person to say sumfin about em :embarrass: lol xD and if u have methods of getting them on youtube then ya do it ill prolly make a new video thread very soon old one is old :(

if u dont since u cant do wifi (i have sexy texture hacks and music as well:cool: just in case that would influence anything) and you cant do ur own YT then the other way would be take replays and upload to megaupload and i can download em and have em recorded look forward to seeing em

Edit: Diddy is gay when the only diddy you have to worry about in Fl is GDX :c

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
how do u take replays from the sd card to the computer to upload to megaupload? and wat is megaupload?
quickly if u need more elaboration ill do it later when im not about to pass out ;)

1) record matches on to sd card in wii
2) insert said sd card into computer sd card slot which every com has
3) make sure u have the right replays u want recorded
4) go to megaupload or mediafire or email the files to me megaupload and mediafire are easier
5) i download files to my com
6) i have them recorded by friends or do them myself depending on how busy i am
7) i upload on my YT channel or whoever u so please or send files to u and you upload em ur choice

Edit: megaupload and mediafire are sites u can upload files for others to download

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, i'm a bit confused.

If "wg>wg>rg till finish at 62%... 62%"

Why would you do

"wg>wg>rg>DACG 62%..."

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
UPDATED THE GRABS
Sry Damix91 i messed up on that one. i forgot to take it out. turns out they can side step at thirty and above. thank you for reminding me to fix that. don't know why i left it in there. sry 4 the confusion.

i would also like to say that i will be starting the Pit Chaingrab Ratios Thread today. i figure i will test all the possible chaingrabs over a period of time posting as i go. if neccessary i will revise the chain grabs

Top Bottom