• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing EVERYBODY

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Grab as soon as she pulls back, or right after?
Hit grab while she is holding the hammer behind her head.
Jesus christ, just do it yourself people. I did what I did based solely off of the first post in this thread. It's NOT THAT HARD.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You've never played Taj or any other pros, have you? Some of them will get out before the headbutt if it's below 20%.

Also, Pneuma, I've seen Blind do it IRL, that doesn't mean I can just sharingan it. Honestly. Some things just click, and some don't. I've tried doing it before, but I kept trying to "catch" them right after she threw. I tried JC grabs, not jc'ing, etc. It's not always as simple as "omg i see". I learned how to use the upb insta-hog with both of the Links after seeing it in Perfect Control on the first try. I can't do the dashdance to insta-hog to save my life. I figured out the up-b continous edgehog desynch, but I'm not too great at the short hop desynch. It took Blind and Taj practically spelling it out for me to learn how to tech consistently, but I learned how to consistently waveshine 15 minutes into practicing it. Some things click, others don't.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
people can really get out of grabs in half a second? do they break their controllers getting out of grabs? :p and no, i have not played a pro
Spin both sticks rapidly the same direction = TONS of button presses.

And I'm not saying the timing is easy, I'm saying to figure it out for yourself. You have to walk forward a bit to grab them unless they are big targets. No one told me the timing and it wasn't easy. The best advice I can give is to react when you see Nana's hammer. That's what made it work for me.

Cort

Apple Head
Wow, are there any videos of this being done? edit// Nevermind I just found it. It's nice to see you can actually control the way Nana throws (bad HRC experiences...)

Too good, a nice find. Though Nana's random headbutts screw things up, somewhat.

Blind

Honorbound
When you know to watch and wait for them, it's a lot easier to react to. Just keep your calm and it's pretty straightforward. The f-throw, fortunately, is the second longest throw the IC's have. Uhh... I think

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
IC's can use simple d-throw d-air on Mewtwo. Almost any grab you get on Mewtwo is guaranteed zero to death, provided you still have a Nana.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
WOW...this is beautiful.

Also...i love how Popo takes the time to drop his hammer when he down throws.

just goes to show how dedicated he is ^_^

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
i'm getting more scared of ice climbers everyday. my god you IC players and your infinites T_T.

(starts playing ice climbers) rofll

i actually tried this a year ago cause i did it by accident but i didn't get the timing so i gave up after 5 minutes >_>. so i guess it is possible to double grab... nice find. i'll try it out xD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

omg i thought this was old news?

anyways wobbles is too good for being able to pull it off in matches. the timing is a b*tch. is there any way to control nana's throw direction besides the fthrow/bthrow near the ledge? because otherwise it seems just random.

anyways grab combos ftw :C choknater style

Top Bottom