• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing on Pirate Ship (Deduction Reached)

Kresent

Smash Cadet
I searched for "chaingrabbing DeDeDe Pirate Ship", and I found nothing on the subject.

When on Pirate ship, the ship will eventually crash into a rock. Once it has stopped moving, you can chaingrab them against the front of the ship until it starts to move again. But once it starts moving again, the ship hits whoever is in front of it. If you chaingrab at this part, it can kill the enemy. I have yielded 5 different results so far. However, in all but one of them, the opponent died.

Anyway, here's the video.

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/SF_Kresent/?action=view&current=CIMG1450.flv

Pit - Both DeDeDe and Pit died at the same time and we went into sudden death.
Snake - Snake died and DeDeDe lived.
Ganondorf - DeDeDe went flying upward off screen, but Ganondorf still died first.

Samus (Not taped) - Both DeDeDe and Samus died downwards, but Samus died first.
Ike (Not taped ) - DeDeDe died downwards and Ike lived.

It seems to be based more on what motion DeDeDe is in than what character you're playing against. Also, we were not being serious in the videos. We were just being stupid until the ship crashed.

I'm presenting this more as something that I would like someone to test more than something that I think is right.
It could also make Pirate Ship a good counterpick while using DeDeDe if it could be controllable.

Results: If you hold the opponent right before the ship leaves the rock (The moment before the front will hit and do damage), then you can head butt them until the ship hits them. This is the second safest time to do it, but the only way that is really easy to set up. If you have the same amount of lives, the opponent should die first. If anyone finds any proof against this, please give me video evidence so I can look into it and see if I can find a reason.

Thanks for reading this everyone.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
I'm going to go ahead and have to say that this is NOT character specific.

Three tests on Ike resulted in the following.

Test 1 - DeDeDe died downwards, Ike lived.
Test 2 - Both Ike and DeDeDe died downwards at the same time and the game went into sudden death.
Test 3 - Ike died downwards and DeDeDe lived.

It seems that it's based on what DeDeDe is doing at the time.

When DeDeDe is about to shield grab him again, DeDeDe shields the boat and lives.
When DeDeDe is holding the opponent, before I throw him, if the boat hits DeDeDe, he flies upwards or downwards. Both times, the opponents die.
When DeDeDe is about to stomp on the opponent, both players die and it results in a sudden death.
When DeDeDe is about to stomp on the opponent, it can also result in just DeDeDe dying.

I'm starting to doubt a controllable factor in this, but I'm going to keep looking into this.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Well while this trick is nice and all, you have to be doing well other than when the ship lands. and personally i dont really like the ship when im playing as dedede compared to other stages

Kresent

Smash Cadet
Well while this trick is nice and all, you have to be doing well other than when the ship lands. and personally i dont really like the ship when im playing as dedede compared to other stages

To be honest, I was looking more to the potential of using this as a suicide move if you have a lot of damage and they have none or if you both have one life. But seems that it's not going to work without timing it properly.

Kresent

Smash Cadet
This seems to be safe to use as an in game move. If you just hold the opponent and start head butting them instead of going into another D-Throw, then you can get the desired effect of killing both of you, but the enemy first.

Great move if you have more lives than the opponent.

Top Bottom