• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing Snake

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
You have to chaingrab snake perfectly so he doesnt drop a grenade. Do you achieve this by running or walking chaingrab?

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to know as well.

My friend mains Snake & he says it has to be perfect frame timing to grenade a CG.

Is this true?

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
its the other way around, you have to chaingrab with good timing to avoid him from grenade'ing. You can use the walking chaingrab to avoid it until he fly's to high, at which point he will get a grenade out...

J4pu

Smash Champion
I've told my friend about the grenade way out, so he was trying it one day, spamming B like crazy and i never saw him get a grenade out (he did however manage to get one out some other day when we had items on and he was stuck in the fan) so I think it's pretty hard for snake to get the grenade out. My friend is no pro though <--- heh rhymes
I use the running grab most often btw, a bad habit I know

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression he could get one out no matter what. Guess not.

wangston

Smash Lord
It was first thought that the nade would stop you at around 19% or higher but after further play it was the falco playing snake to test this wasn't cg right. You need to walk and grab as soon as possible, you must do it right or else he will get the nade, which would mean YOU'RE TOO SLOW. He will have nade out around 45% which is when that chain grab ends anyways. If snake does drop and nade it's hard to tell cause it won't make a sound it will just fall and you will do a dthrow and it blows up. So with Falco take the fourth controllor slot, that way if you mess up and snake does get a nade out you have super armor and he flys in the air while you stay on the ground as the nade explodes.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm not sure but, what sets the nades off is hitbox from the down throw. My guess is if you tried the reverse boost snake would have enough time to pull out a nade and it would still drop and explode when hit, unless the momentum will carry you past were snake drops the grenade, as in you have him grabbed and you slide far enough away from the gernade so that the dthrow hit box won't hit it.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
here's a thought, if you reverse boost grabbed would it avoid the nade?
I wonder the samething. I believe it is possible, but since the grenade is almost instantenous we have to know exactly when it will be pulled out, that or just do the Boost Grab at all times wether its for caution of the grenade or not.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Running chain grabs work even when they try to pull out grenades. As a Falco main, all of you should be able to chain grab without even looking at the screen. Don't worry this only requires you to listen out side of the match. If you hear them spam B(click click click click) rapidly, running chain grab and don't worry about distance to the ledge. If they're spamming B, then they're not DI-ing. Snake gets chain grabbed until forever without DI. If they are DI-ing, it's best to get as much distance between grabs to get to the ledge if you're far away.

Top Bottom