• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing

Qvando

Smash Rookie
Hello. I apologize if this has already been posted or answered, but can I have some tips on chaingrabbing falco? I can chaingrab Fox just fine, but for some reason I can't chaingrab falco. I heard that you have to forward throw him first, is that true? Many thanks :D

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Two forward throws from zero work. Then switch to up throw. Finish it early to be safe. It's not like he's going to recover haha

camerino1

Smash Lord
He'd have to DI in, and even then I think he may fall too fast. U-throw works around 15%, but you've gotta be aware when fighting people that they usually DI behind you, it's much safer. I need to work on this more myself.

F-throw chain works on semi-floaties like Marth if they DI in, and also Jiggs and Kirby, but they need to DI in as well. Generally though, I'd say d-tilt or f-smash work better as follow-up than a regrab, because they'll know to DI away next time and then they'll punish your grab attempt.

Top Bottom