• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabs illegal?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
animal crossing chars????
hahahah i've never heard that before.

ness and lucas?

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
I hate chaingrabs with a burning passion, but I tolerate them. However, I don't think they should be allowed when they carry a person off the stage, like using Dedede's on Castle Siege (second setting, on the floor). As long as the level puts a stop to the chaingrab, I'll still shake hands with my opponent.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
depends if your talking about inescapable chaingrabs like snakes ledge grab, d3's infinites ice climber infinites marths infinite grab ect. then yea but if your talking about like pikas down throw cg or something then thats another story because its not infinite marths infinite is very easily infinite though so dont mention edi

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
as gay as it is to get cg'd, it's part of the game.
i mean... how do you test a game with out realizing that you can regrab after certain throws???
but anyway... i don't think banning is the solution.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
imo any kind of infinite should be banned past 5 repititions (its boring to watch and its boring for bolth players)
there wasnt a problem with infinites in melee because fox/s waveshining into a wall infinitely takes alotttttt of skill

metaXzero

Smash Champion
imo any kind of infinite should be banned past 5 repititions (its boring to watch and its boring for bolth players)
there wasnt a problem with infinites in melee because fox/s waveshining into a wall infinitely takes alotttttt of skill
So you are going to have people at every Ice Climber and Dedede match watching to count the number of throws. You realize how unrealistic that is in practice right?

And difficulty of use doesn't matter. The end result is the same. And also, Fox's waveshine DID get a few stages banned due to walk-offs and walls IIRC.

LUCUS11

Smash Rookie
So you are going to have people at every Ice Climber and Dedede match watching to count the number of throws. You realize how unrealistic that is in practice right?

And difficulty of use doesn't matter. The end result is the same. And also, Fox's waveshine DID get a few stages banned due to walk-offs and walls IIRC.
Agreed. Although to an extent these techniques makes the game deeper

Kiyoo

Smash Rookie
Why ban it if it's avoidable? And if you fall into it, it's your own fault >_>

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
like grab release/dedede/laser/jab/icicle infinites yes
but chaingrabs in general that arent infinite (i know d3 has set knockback but im still counting it as not infinite) even ice climbers is ok because its entertaining to watch

so basicly no unless it can go on forever

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
like grab release/dedede/laser/jab/icicle infinites yes
but chaingrabs in general that arent infinite (i know d3 has set knockback but im still counting it as not infinite) even ice climbers is ok because its entertaining to watch

so basicly no unless it can go on forever
lol this made my day. best post evar.......

oh wait, sarcasm doesn't work on the internet......>_>

Top Bottom