• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching! (PROVEN FAKE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
he's planning to make a whole lot of stuff for the Wii-Rare like for example: The Masterpieces update it came from the Wii-Rare right? Well, in my case this is probably true!! Let's just wait for the translators!!!!
First off, it's "WiiWare". Secondly, SamuraiPanda already mentioned that there is no mention of downloadable content in that article at all, so this is fake.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Its not gonna happen. The only time they reference money in the whole article is to say the price of Brawl, unless unlockable characters cost 6800yen (~50 bucks). Not only that, panda says its sketchy and the exact same post was found on another forum. It was a great idea, look at how hot the topic is. GG OP.

finalark

SNORLAX
That's cool... but I'm not going to pay five bucks just so I can play as *insert character here.*

Let's hope that it will have a low cost, eh?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
If this is true it would be amazing.New characters and stages every few months or something.PLEASE GOD BE TRUE!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
uhg this is too good to be true, just as SP said its gotta be bull. this is why i wish i could read japanese

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If they were to do this (I think they will for the record) they probably wouldn't annouce it until after Brawl is released everywhere.

I don't see why they wouldn't do this, they make money on it, and the other systems have downloadable content, so.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
MSN convo ('zegt' is dutch for 'says'):
VDZ zegt:
Oh, and small unimportant piece of Brawl news:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143882
Nintendax™ zegt:
Toon Link is top tier.
VDZ zegt:
Yeah, seems to be that way
Nintendax™ zegt:
KO'd Zelda at 10%
Nintendax™ zegt:
KO'd Zelda at 10% (4% before the hit connected)
VDZ zegt:
k
Nintendax™ zegt:
Toon Link's Down Air causes him to float if used immediately after a second jump..
VDZ zegt:
I know.
Nintendax™ zegt:
"LOL NO YOU DON'T IDORT"
Nintendax™ zegt:
Unimportant info?
Nintendax™ zegt:
You're right it isn't important.
VDZ zegt:
Yeah, probably fake
Nintendax™ zegt:
Wi-Fi battles?
VDZ zegt:
Hm?
Nintendax™ zegt:
I'm reading it.
Nintendax™ zegt:
Boring. This is an old article.
VDZ zegt:
Link to original article?
VDZ zegt:
Oh wait
VDZ zegt:
You can read Japanese, can't you?
VDZ zegt:
Hehe
VDZ zegt:
What does it say?
Nintendax™ zegt:
Sort of. I had to look up some kanji.
Nintendax™ zegt:
Blah blah blah, music, blah blah blah hidden characters, blah blah blah wi-fi tournaments in Japan... nothing.
VDZ zegt:
Okay.
VDZ zegt:
Thanks, I'll post it on Smashboards.
Nintendax™ zegt:
I guess so.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really hope this is true. :)

Even if they had a smash channel with tips or something it would be nice, or including battles between nintendo people like Miyamoto vs Sakurai. :p

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Hey, did you know there were other messages to read after the first one ?

This has been proved fake ! Read the thread !

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As if there was any doubt, I think a title edit was in order to help clarify things:

This is FAKE until PROVEN true.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
This is one of those things that makes perfect sense, but isnt going to happen.

This would be, however, perfect marketing. Everyone on this site and the 2378 other sites that support a brawl talk would buy an update. You say your not going to, but you would.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, this game has been put on the top and is only set to dissapoint. We can't keep expecting things like this when we already think that the game itself is god teir. Just, let it go. If it happens, it happens. We'll find out eventually.

I also can't help but think everything that has japanese on it is fake, my view of their language is so americanized that i only see it on the worst packaged rip off items, and their formatting also seems so ehk to me (i'm a graphic design major), so if something looks legit i also seems to give it a little credit, but this doesn't seem like anything.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
That's cool... but I'm not going to pay five bucks just so I can play as *insert character here.*

Let's hope that it will have a low cost, eh?
jajaj you would only have to pay five bucks? consider yourself lucky... here the wii points are stupidly expensive! ut's even cheaper buy some gamecube games than VC 64 games!

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Hey! Did anyone see the glaringly obvious evidence that points to this being false? Even a guy who can read Japanese? Me either. Geno and Ridley for Brawl!!! How much do you think they will cost? Probably 200 Wii Points each OMG

tirkaro

Smash Champion
FOR GODS SAKE, THIS BETTER BE TRUE!

But unfortunately, this is most likely fake :(

SOMEONE BETTER GO AND PROVE THIS TRUE!
Roy and mewtwo for DLC!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Even if we do get extra characters, why are people expecting characters like Ridley, Krystal and Geno?

Please, in the slight possibility this is true, we'll most likely get the clones found on game disc: Toon Zelda, Roy, Dixie, Plusle and Minun, and one original character, Mewtwo.

I'm not getting excited over this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Even if we do get extra characters, why are people expecting characters like Ridley, Krystal and Geno?

Please, in the slight possibility this is true, we'll most likely get the clones found on game disc: Toon Zelda, Roy, Dixie, Plusle and Minun, and one original character, Mewtwo.

I'm not getting excited over this.
Actually, there is the possibility that anyone who wasn't an AT or boss is fair game. With that being said, fan favorites like Ridley and Isaac would be screwed out of the deal.

Regardless, I think this is BS simply because Sakurai believes everything he does is perfect and thus creating an mode like this would be completely against his nature. There's a mountain of other things that point that this is hoax too but most of them are common sense.

Taraxanoid

Smash Rookie
The article may be fake, but the idea of downloadable characters/stages/content for Brawl over WFC is still a possibility.

Machete

Smash Ace
Sadly, even if that's true (and I think it's fake), Ridley won't be playable. Not until SSB4. :(

However, if they made Mewtwo a playable character again, I'll love Sakurai.

Although I won't expect anything.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
I doubt this is true, atleast not yet.
Brawl was just relised in Japan, not even out in other countries yet.

I highly doubt that nintendo will release 'downloadable content' and talk about it in a magazine, before its fully released.

-sigh-

Wait a month
and then we'll know about download content

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Actually, there is the possibility that anyone who wasn't an AT or boss is fair game. With that being said, fan favorites like Ridley and Isaac would be screwed out of the deal.
Fair game, but still not very likely.

Sakurai has 7 incomplete files. He's shown before he likes to take the lazy route. I wouldn't put it past him to only put out those 6 clones, and Mewtwo in and say "Wow, I've really gone over-board with these downloadable characters!!1111111"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom