• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
why don't we just make roy button activated? like hold L on marth and you get roy? i have a code (i didn't make it but i don't know who did) that can do that, and i'd be happy to share it.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
why don't we just make roy button activated? like hold L on marth and you get roy? i have a code (i didn't make it but i don't know who did) that can do that, and i'd be happy to share it.
Are you kidding? People have been wanting that code for ages!

Does it remove the changes to Marth after the match is done?

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
what that code basically does is turn a character or stage into an alt. character or stage by pressing L before a match like what happens if you hold L while choosing Samus she turns into ZSS when pressing L during mushroomy kingdom it because mushroomy kingdom 1-2. now he is saying use that code to and make an seperate alt. marth (our current roy) data while keeping the old marth (the old marth) make the old marth the default one. and now whenever you press L before a battle marth turns into roy. (now we need to make 5 more roy costumes)

exfatal

Smash Cadet
omg so this code actually works if soo doesnt this speed up there project on getting roy onto brawl+?

Revven

FrankerZ
That's not what we're doing. Almas has told you guys before that he is working on a Clone Engine that will allow us to stick Roy and other characters onto an existing character's costume and you just pick THAT costume to play as that character.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
yeah but until we get that code why can't we just temporarily use this one. you know while we are waiting.

exfatal

Smash Cadet
awww.. oh well no holding L.. anyways lets hope the clone engine is possible and if so lets hope it comes out soon.

Wave3

Smash Cadet
ok im sorry guys, but could somebody please please PLEASE make a post containing the download link to the gct, i been searching for it everywhere and cant find it, and im guessing its at "new character approaching" page, but i cant get it! sorry for the inconvienece

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
ok im sorry guys, but could somebody please please PLEASE make a post containing the download link to the gct, i been searching for it everywhere and cant find it, and im guessing its at "new character approaching" page, but i cant get it! sorry for the inconvienece
DOWNLOAD LINK AND TEXT
I am using the most current Nightly Build download. The only thing not in here from that download are the Marth changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zxjewbymw4j

Ta-da. Magic.

Wave3

Smash Cadet
ok i knw im gettin annoying now and every1s probably ready to permanently stamp me a noob but the 12.kb file is over 1000 lines, i dnt knw what im doin wrong if others can use it. im sorry im jus passionate about this and determined to learn and get it right

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1. check the OP next time for DL links

2. have the latest version of gecko

3. have the gameconfig.txt file in the root of your SD card.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
how far is Almas on the clone engine?
like...maybe the "hmm....this could work in theory" step, or maybe the "this should work....i just need to find the right code" or the "i'm done, but im being mean and withholding it from public"

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
like...maybe the "hmm....this could work in theory" step, or maybe the "this should work....i just need to find the right code" or the "i'm done, but im being mean and withholding it from public"
this si NEVER the case. i'd imagine it would be the "this should work...BUT WHY THE **** WON'T YOU!" step. very rarly will you find someone unwilling to release a code and get credit for drastically changing a game. quit whining.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Nowhere in that post did I see him whining.

I'm only worried about if Roy gets tied to a costume I like. I do still plan on maining Marth, and I prefer his light blue costume. I know Roy will probably get stuck to red, but what does that mean for all the people who use red Marth?

exfatal

Smash Cadet

I'm only worried about if Roy gets tied to a costume I like. I do still plan on maining Marth, and I prefer his light blue costume. I know Roy will probably get stuck to red, but what does that mean for all the people who use red Marth?
lol it means we suck i up and use a different color. beside i would gladly replace a color for a character

Revven

FrankerZ

It would be tied to a non-team color most likely (like White Marth or Black Marth).

He is busy with his life and exams, as far as I know, he's close to being done but his life is holding him back from finishing it.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
is roys gravity going to be raised and his shorthop lowered? doesnt seem right that he is as monuverable in the air as marth is
Uh... roy is currently the fastest faller in the game, and his sh isn't nearly as high or floaty as marth's. You want him to fall even faster? I think what you're mainly reacting to is his run speed, actually, and the resulting momentum.

Another detail, the USmash for some reason charges much slower than other Smashes, is it a glitch?
If it's charging slower (as in it takes more than 60 frames to fully charge) then yes... that is a glitch. I thought I edited the pre-charge and post-charge animations only, though... I didn't touch the ID that was labeled "usmash (charge)." The pre-charge animation is supposed to be much slower, whereas the post-charge animation is much faster.

That's not what we're doing. Almas has told you guys before that he is working on a Clone Engine that will allow us to stick Roy and other characters onto an existing character's costume and you just pick THAT costume to play as that character.
Uh... what? Stop being a nub, smk. The whole reason we have a limit of 7 characters is because almas wants to connect custom characters to the unused slots (the alloys, giga bowser, warioman, and nana), which would give them their own character selection portrait, independent from the base character. They will be fully functional characters with a full selection of costumes. The only thing they won't have are their own sound files, since we can't replace those with the dynamic sd loader (DSDL).

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Meaning no shouting their names when you select them from the CSS? Or no voice effects in battle, or what? What specifically can we not edit or replace?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Meaning no shouting their names when you select them from the CSS? Or no voice effects in battle, or what? What specifically can we not edit or replace?
Any sound effects, basically. We can mute them or change their pitches, but that's about it. We'd probably remove instances where the announcer says their name, and leave the in-battle voices, possibly applying a pitch mod. Since sound files are loaded differently than most other files in the game (they're streamed), the DSDL can't replace these files. The only way you would be able to edit sound effects would be to physically replace the files on the disc and burn a new copy, which is... questionable at best. Not to mention that you probably wouldn't even be able to get it to work right, as the disc doesn't actually have these characters that we're adding. You'd probably just end up replacing the files for both the original and the clone characters.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Using this roy in boss battles is the best thing ever.(mainly because you can spam his B attack)

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Any sound effects, basically. We can mute them or change their pitches, but that's about it. We'd probably remove instances where the announcer says their name, and leave the in-battle voices, possibly applying a pitch mod. Since sound files are loaded differently than most other files in the game (they're streamed), the DSDL can't replace these files. The only way you would be able to edit sound effects would be to physically replace the files on the disc and burn a new copy, which is... questionable at best. Not to mention that you probably wouldn't even be able to get it to work right, as the disc doesn't actually have these characters that we're adding. You'd probably just end up replacing the files for both the original and the clone characters.
so then is it planned to change pitch of the voice effects a bit to make it sound more roy-like?
but is it then possible to change the sound for roy without making marth sound like that as well?

exfatal

Smash Cadet
so then is it planned to change pitch of the voice effects a bit to make it sound more roy-like?
but is it then possible to change the sound for roy without making marth sound like that as well?
im pretty sure thats what the clone engine thing there working on for.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
also, today, as i was playing the Roy build, i noticed that trying to SH and double jump immediately with Ness causes Ness to pause in the air. should i complain about that here, or in the Nightly Builds thread

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
also, today, as i was playing the Roy build, i noticed that trying to SH and double jump immediately with Ness causes Ness to pause in the air. should i complain about that here, or in the Nightly Builds thread
It's an old old old beta for djc. I had to put up a rough back room test set in my haste to get to hawaii.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
That is the most awesome thing I've ever seen in my life. EVER!

EDIT: Is there a chance that Marth's sound effects could be swapped for Roy's from Melee? That would be great. I hope this question hasn't been asked before <_<

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Ten quotes.

Top Bottom