• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Also This Might not be of Much use now but I Personaly Recorded Everyone of Roy's Voice Clips From The Melee Soundtest With My Capture Device and Converted them to WAV Format Download http://www.mediafire.com/?kgktd4ygmwz If Anyone Knows how to do the PSA Expolit that Allows for Custom Sound effect would be Willing to Implement these That would be great

Xis66

Smash Cadet
If you really wanted to buff his recovery, you should give his up B a more horizontal trajectory (if that's even possible) to mimick the melee counterpart. Marth's recovery was better because of his floatiness, Roy's up B was superior as a recovery move on it's own.
I recall saying this very thing couple pages ago apparently "its not possible" but I see that Marths Up B can some what be directionaly influenced, even backward slighty. If this can be manipulated to be able to move a bit further.

Since melee roy isnt supposed to be in brawl we should at least give hoim a recovery buff right, I mean Marth got the shield stab. I mean I do understand the point is to replicate melee Roy but I can Roy can be killed at pretty low damages due to lack of recovery that may have been recoverable in melee

timothyung

Smash Ace
No. Roy is a paper cannon in B+. He's a beast on stage... but weak off stage. His recover distance is already buffed, we shouldn't buff the distance anymore. If his upB, when going more horizontal, will also go less vertical (I believe Marth's is already like this) it's acceptable.
And we're not trying to replicate Melee Roy exactly... see the tips.

BTW, Roy's DED now will likely not work properly in vBrawl/BBrawl due to the lack of hitstun. It will only work in B+. Yay for B+ exclusive If you want to make a vBrawl version, DED needs to be completely changed

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Nice job on getting Roy's voice clips together Blazeknight. Btw, how's that dark roy coming along?

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Eh...regarding the taunt canceling, it looks cool and all stringing taunts together. Unfortunately, taunting isn't punishable anymore. That's kind of lame =/

Wander could you perhaps change the canceling to like 30 frames for each one or something? The instantaneous recovery after each taunt is kind of...excessive o.O

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Nice job on getting Roy's voice clips together Blazeknight. Btw, how's that dark roy coming along?
Dark Roy Is Done I just haven't Taken Pics Yet I will Most likely take Pics and Post them Tonight When I get home From School (If your Wondering how I'm able to be on at school I'm in Computer graphics calss so I'm able to use the internet :p)

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
are there any other roy textures out there besides regular and gold?
Yes I posted Green,Red and Blue Roy quite a few pages back But the Red roy Texture has been Revamped Since I posted it so I'll Most Likely Post the Revamped version Tonight Along with Dark Roy

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Dark Roy Is Done I just haven't Taken Pics Yet I will Most likely take Pics and Post them Tonight When I get home From School (If your Wondering how I'm able to be on at school I'm in Computer graphics calss so I'm able to use the internet :p)
Yes I posted Green,Red and Blue Roy quite a few pages back But the Red roy Texture has been Revamped Since I posted it so I'll Most Likely Post the Revamped version Tonight Along with Dark Roy
Awesome, can't wait for the dark and revamped red Roy textures :D

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
[then just download the one before it, it causes distortion problems anyway]
Which one causes distortion problems, the download u suggested or the one where Roy has instantaneous recovery after his taunts?

Sorry bout double post <sigh>

Wander

Smash Journeyman
The most recent one with the frame one IASA taunts is the one with the distorted dtaunt, apparently. Just use the one before that, which has the victory pose slowdowns but not taunt canceling.

Any new ideas for a possible replacement for the up-stab victory?

EDIT: 400th post!

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
The most recent one with the frame one IASA taunts is the one with the distorted dtaunt, apparently. Just use the one before that, which has the victory pose slowdowns but not taunt canceling.

Any new ideas for a possible replacement for the up-stab victory?

EDIT: 400th post!
maybe his down taun, or after he releses a fully charged neutral b with the explosion.
Yeah I agree with nxtgenfalco regarding the up-stab victory replacement, though I would like to say that perhaps side taunt may work well too. Also, charged neutral b might be a little too...flashy? In any case, I think it's best to try all three and see which one works really well.

Here are the possibilities so far for replacements:

-Down taunt
-Side Taunt
-Charged neutral b (still think it's too flashy :urg:)

EDIT: 100th post :D

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
As in too flashy for a victory pose with the excessive graphical effects. Also, when that explosion takes place, you can barely see Roy anyway.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little iffy on using taunts as victory poses. I really want them to stand out as something unique, which is why the FS startup pose was only a placeholder to begin with because it resembled the uptaunt too much.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
hey banki can you put another update on what we have left to do? im getting lost on gameplay updates (speaking of which i havent seen camelot in a wile) with all the after effects stuff. or does anyone know where we are at in the modle hacking? or css slots? b/c it seems like they should be getting close with one of those by now.

and with the victory poses, i say wait until we can get ikes down taunt ( i think thats it) where he sticks his sword in the ground and just add some fire and it would be good.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
How about using his UpB for a victory pose? It'd be sort of like Ike's Aether one, but cooler.

...And with mo4r ph14r.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
But wouldn't he still just do the little swooping motion in place? I can't test it right now, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't actually move position on the screen. We need something that allows him to pose while standing in the same position and not looking awkward or out of place.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
hey banki can you put another update on what we have left to do? im getting lost on gameplay updates (speaking of which i havent seen camelot in a wile) with all the after effects stuff. or does anyone know where we are at in the modle hacking? or css slots? b/c it seems like they should be getting close with one of those by now.

and with the victory poses, i say wait until we can get ikes down taunt ( i think thats it) where he sticks his sword in the ground and just add some fire and it would be good.
Yeah, I agree with you for the victory poses. Getting Ike's schtuff in would be rather cool.

Also, I'd say we can expect a playable Roy model sometime within the next two months, seeing as Pharrox will be releasing his beta model importer quite soon. As for CSS slots and voice clip editing...not so sure on those. Kyral is working on Smashbox, and I've heard nothing so far regarding progress on the additional CSS slots =/

Ok, here's the list:

***Updated List of things ta Doo:

Current .pac fixes:
-Flare blade forward scoot while on ground--needs to go
-Work on frame speeds (now possible yaaay!)

General Stuff:
-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%
-Find a good replacement for the upward stab victory pose

Completed Schtuff:

-Slow down Roy's Nair along with his other aerial moves?
-Possible blazer dmg reduction?

-Uthrow--75 degree angle (leafgreen386)
-Bthrow should be given a much higher angle and some pretty decent growth Basically... make it a reverse of the new uthrow with a slightly lower angle (leafgreen386)

-Taunt fixes--specifically down taunt, which is too...Marth exclusive (voice already taken care of)
-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds
-Refine down taunt and victory poses (timing and camera issues are main concerns)

And for anyone who wants to take a look at Camelot's comprehensive changelist, I'll post the link here. Of course, this is subject to change as Camelot sees fit/when he actually comes out with newer .pacs, etc:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234839&page=116

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
But wouldn't he still just do the little swooping motion in place? I can't test it right now, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't actually move position on the screen. We need something that allows him to pose while standing in the same position and not looking awkward or out of place.
Look into Ike's? He certainly moves.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
@Wander: Herm...OH just came up with an idea. How about the 4th down hit DED (the one where Roy does his multi poke attack). That would be pretty cool, eh? XD

Edit: Of course, you could slow down the end animation, similar to how you did it for the down smash victory pose (which is rather awesome). Also, Marth's voice wouldn't be present during the attack (I *think*) cuz Camelot already disposed of the voice clips for the move.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Removing a voice is as simple as removing one line of code.
The hard part is figuring out which line is the voice effect and which is the swishy effect the sword makes. But if Camelot removed every voice clip, which it seems he did, then just copy-pasting the data over should be no problem. I'll try it out later today when I have more time.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
The hard part is figuring out which line is the voice effect and which is the swishy effect the sword makes. But if Camelot removed every voice clip, which it seems he did, then just copy-pasting the data over should be no problem. I'll try it out later today when I have more time.
Coolio, pretty sure 4th down hit DED will serve as a good substitute :D

@Blazeknight: Awesome, finally got a complete Roy costume set. Good work dude!! :laugh:

Wander

Smash Journeyman
A. What?
B. when will there be a way for me to have Roy AND Marth.
He prefers keeping all characters' defaults the same, so he would have had a set with only five costumes.

It's being worked on, but probably nowhere in the near future.

EDIT: I'm about to start working on the 4th-down victory right now.

EDIT: Tell me if this works:

Roy New Victory Pose

Victory pose #1 changed to the 4th low hit of DED, reduced to .5 speed, voice clips and graphic effects removed.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, just to make people's lives simpler, I've put together a slew of Roy textures from a bunch of different people. Thanks to all who have contributed in making such awesome textures for Roy boi! Here's the link:

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=402511a8f9e67f67312dbd5f2bdc5062e04e75f6e8ebb871

MIGHT WANT TO OP THIS GOG!!!! :D

Credit goes to:

-Camelot/Steelia for default and green Roy textures (.pac and .pcs for both)
-Blazeknight for Red, blue, and black textures
-Wave for gold texture (improved version of one of Blazeknight's? not sure...oh wellz, still works lulz)

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
thanks _Bankai_ and Wander

Off-Topic: lol the Shichibukai are kicking *** right now lol (and luffy and the all the other pirates in the world are heading strait to the harbor like a meteor lol.)

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
@Wander: Testing out ur new .pac pronto.

Edit: Yay, it works! Not bad, looks pretty cool, but why is there no flame effect when he attacks? Also, could be a tad bit faster...but meh, it's definitely better than the up stab lol. Good shiz.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I could speed it up a little, but I don't really want to bother adding flame effects when neither of his other victory poses have them. I'm swamped with work right now, though, so unless someone else does a quick speed change (maybe up to .55 or .6?) it'll have to wait. Thanks for the feedback though.

@maniac08: Can't wait for Oda to confirm a string paramecia for Doflamingo

Top Bottom