• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
when i tried roy out it looked like he was made bigger and his sword smaller (am i the only one who thinks this)?
made bigger..? nooo he was made smaller if anything. dont use it in training mode, do it in multiplayer and be player one. should look like the pics on the thread but the height was fix'd.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
wtf is with the random vbrawl noob crap in here?????

and do these people even ****ing try to play brawl+ before they spout out random **** from their mouths?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
So I'm getting into Melee Roy and thought I'd finally check out Roy+, but the installation guide's a little ambiguous regarding the changing of gravity...

Are the gravity changes built into the .pac? How do they interact with Marth's .gct physics changes? If the .pac changes are just meant to modify the .gct physics, have they been updated to account for 5.0 RC1's new Marth physics?

Hopefully this can be cleared up and the OP updated. Thank you.

Edit: Also, while a "Changes from vBrawl Marth" list is useful, it might also be nice to make a separate list of "Changes from Melee Roy," as I think this would be more useful for those such as myself who are transitioning from Melee Roy.

camelot

Smash Ace
I have the gravity changes in the .pac.

@tim, I think it seems like he has too much gravity in B+ because it's taking the gravity I set it to (in the .pac), and multiplying it by Marth's numbers in the gravity code.

In the .pac I have it set so that his max fall speed is the same as DK's, and his acceleration in the air is just slightly more than DK's.

Should I mess around with the gravity some more? I think it's fine...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I have the gravity changes in the .pac.

@tim, I think it seems like he has too much gravity in B+ because it's taking the gravity I set it to (in the .pac), and multiplying it by Marth's numbers in the gravity code.

In the .pac I have it set so that his max fall speed is the same as DK's, and his acceleration in the air is just slightly more than DK's.

Should I mess around with the gravity some more? I think it's fine...
hey camelot, can you use the updated pac on the previous page? I put back in the victory poses.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
They should really port all of the character changes into the .pac. I thought the 5.0 set did so?

camelot

Smash Ace
@onikage: Yeah, I guess. I should work on them to give them more "bang" .

@Shadic: All of the character changes are in the .pac, you don't need a separate codeset for Roy.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
@onikage: Yeah, I guess. I should work on them to give them more "bang" .

@Shadic: All of the character changes are in the .pac, you don't need a separate codeset for Roy.
Ok. Yeah, i tried it with the victory changes, it does make a difference. but what I meant is to build on THAT pac file, since its got the changes in it. Also, may I suggest using Marth's neutral B's charge animation/release for replacing Marth's "Meina... Medagetidae" (Down) Taunt? Makes sense, ammirite?? if you dont have the time, i could attempt it. I really love this project; i cant wait until Almas fixed up the clone engine a bit.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
They are nothing alike. This shouldn't even be called Roy just like Doc shouldn't be called doc. He should be called super Marth or something...idk:dizzy:
I wish I could have a negative outlook on the entire world like you do. It must be a real joy to come to Smashboards.

On a more important note: I assume you guys all saw the new clone engine. I've got two huge papers and a group project this week (I'm surprised I got time to post) and I was wondering if someone had made a code for Roy so we could have both at the same time.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I wish I could have a negative outlook on the entire world like you do. It must be a real joy to come to Smashboards.
Entire world? Lol. Anyway, its nice to see the truth instead of looking through a screen. I'm merely telling it as it is. You can't honestly tell me that is Roy in comparison when he is different. You also can't honestly tell me that is Doc when he has 3 (?) spikes and a sludge gun. You completely changed the way he plays from melee so he should be called "Dark Mario" or something. You can't keep "some" features from melee, change everything else, slap on a nice texture and claim them as Roy and Doc when they aren't true to their original form.

And to answer your question, its entertaining coming to smashboards. I love coming here

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I feel his blade hits and gravity feel spot on to Roy. Cape and I came up with the tip idea because just transferring over to Brawl with all the same Melee stuff would have made him suck, again. The tip ideas is a unique Brawl idea. I, and many other people, think he feels like a sooped up Roy made to be good in Brawl. On the note of Doc, his sludge gun was added before PSA, I'm sure if Cape had the time he'd make a better Doc. It was a initial build that ended up getting dropped since he didn't have time.

Either way, the rest of us Roy fans would appreciate it if people just kept negative attitudes out of the topic.

P.S. Saying the entire world was stupid. My B :p

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
They are nothing alike. This shouldn't even be called Roy just like Doc shouldn't be called doc. He should be called super Marth or something...idk:dizzy:

I Beg to differ after a long time of using this PSA hack I went back and Played as Roy in melee and their was Pretty Much No Difference In fact using this PSA hack has made me better with Roy in Melee :)

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
yea sorry but im not gonna read 136 pages just to avoid asking a question
I dont mean read the entire thread, but at least the last few pages b/c this question (along with the marth vs. roy question) seems to pop up at least every 5 pages or so. I think this is a new record on this thread fot not getting a marth vs. roy question yet though b/c i actually havent seen it in like 10 pages.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
OBJECTION!

Speed is Roy's, blade hits are Roy's, gravity is Roy's, even DED, Blazer and Flare Blade are Roy's.
The only thing different are tipper hits and cosmetic things
Speed is Roy's... Really? From what I've seen, his F-Smash comes out much more quickly. But lasts longer.

Blazer's not the same at all...Like, really.
Flare Blade too? I beg to differ.

I'm not trying to bash or ****. But you're going too far by saying that it's exactly Roy. He feels much more like Marth than Roy actually.

I Beg to differ after a long time of using this PSA hack I went back and Played as Roy in melee and their was Pretty Much No Difference In fact using this PSA hack has made me better with Roy in Melee :)
How could using PSA help you becoming better with a character in a game?

timothyung

Smash Ace
In that video, it only has Roy's gravity and blade hits. It's only meant to prove that he really feels like Roy, as a Melee Roy player can perform well with the new Roy.

But try the current pac. Stuff like multi-hit upB, nB which can be charged up to 4 seconds, Melee-style DED... are all there.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I think it fits to be Roy perfectly, in a Brawl world. think about it.

You gotta put a Melee Oriented character into a floaty, non-wavedashing brawl-iverse. and you've done it flawlessly. is this the final build because it went gold?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well lets see:

Tippers pull in like marth to set up for the strong part of the blade. In melee, the tips had the same (I believe) angle as the hilt except it was much weaker.

Roy+ has a uair tipper spike since the last time I recall which is an additional spike than melee.

Where is Roy+ dair spike? It was on like the super hilt in melee, it looks to be on the tip in plus.

From the vid Eugene showed, it seems like his attacks are faster and have less cool down

So basically, Roy+ is a MarthRoy.

Gog: Roy sucked because he gets comboed like a mother, his recovery sucked and the other chars were so much better. I doubt those problems would exist in plus given the hackability of the game.

I hope you guys don't think Doc is nearly identical either

Top Bottom