• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes to R.O.B. in v. 1.0.8 Balance Patch?

STOB

Master of Robots
NNID
Stobby_Beeles
I didn't see this posted anywhere so I though I'd start one. Downloaded the patch last night and played 5 or 6 matches with R.O.B.. Didn't notice any major changes to his movements or damage %'s. It seems as though he was largely unaffected, but did anyone notice anything that I may have missed?

I will say his smash attacks seem to get off just a tad faster, but that very well may have been the placebo effect. Before anyone says it I don't play online so it wasn't a lag issue.

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
Uair nerfed to brawl kb and does 3%
ROB's grab range reduced
robo burner replaced with robo rocket
hurtbox increased to size of fd
gyro is a sandwich now and does 0 damage, but looks cool (and makes you hungry if you didnt eat before the tournament)
Laser is just visual effect
Uthrow doesnt kill until 300+ on jigglypuff

(ROB's untouched, praise ROB)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Uair nerfed to brawl kb and does 3%
ROB's grab range reduced
robo burner replaced with robo rocket
hurtbox increased to size of fd
gyro is a sandwich now and does 0 damage, but looks cool (and makes you hungry if you didnt eat before the tournament)
Laser is just visual effect
Uthrow doesnt kill until 300+ on jigglypuff

(ROB's untouched, praise ROB)
My eyes were getting hella big for a moment.
I was all like ([O_O]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Woops! I doubles posted sorry! Kids, don't try this at home!
ROB has no changes.
Do we have official confirmation/testing on this? Or are we playing it by feel? You never know.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Do we have official confirmation/testing on this? Or are we playing it by feel? You never know.
There's a community patch list and ROB has been listed with no changes at all. Not even percentage. Maybe later we'll find something, but nothing game changing.

I went to a smash fest yesterday and I was able to play fine. There felt like there was no change at all.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
There's a community patch list and ROB has been listed with no changes at all. Not even percentage. Maybe later we'll find something, but nothing game changing.

I went to a smash fest yesterday and I was able to play fine. There felt like there was no change at all.
I think his booty got bigger.
;)

1FC0

Smash Lord
No news is good news for R.O.B. because so far his changes since Smash 4 came out have mainly been nerfs, I think.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
They buffed the level of overall coolness and amazingness of ROB's general existence, but other than that, we're untouched.

Top Bottom