• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes you'd like to see in Mewtwo

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
Ok I didnt realise that there was a link with the comment. Thank you for correcting. Regardless who expects to be chased inside the blast zone. Im trying to recover. Also if our aerials dont collide and in a result of me being in the blast zone wouldnt I still die? I also play with toon link. Who has some sick combs, though I get combos off mewtwo is not always combo food. I find myself getting comboed more often than reverse. Hey Jam if he is attacking me in air, I could care less about arguing about onstage combat, then isnt his half hurtbox tail still In between where I can actually hit him? So if he doesnt space correctly... AND he is actually close enough to where I am able to touch his hurtbox only then will I be able to hit him away from me. He doesnt have to be close to me to hit me but I have to be close enough to hit him. And if he is too far aaway then I wont touch him. So he only has one way to mess up
There is lag after the back air (which is what I'm assuming you're talking about). If he misses you can hit him with a bomb or a neutral air. Toon link shouldn't have much problem with mewtwo on the stage. He does have problems off the stage though. Out of curiosity, are you using AGT as a recovery tactic?

I can't belueve what I'm reading. Clearly u guys have played a real ****ty mewtwo, if u think toon link is great against him lmfao. I'm very familiar with the match up and go to tournaments on the regular. Mewtwos tail is ****ty either way. And jiggs is small so if she comes and gets me in the blast zone then fine. She actually has to WORK to get out to me and on top of that she's easy to hit while she's gimping me because she doesn't have a no hurtbox tail sword. And mewtwos crouch cancel is a freakin joke. At 94% he can still sit there and take hits without moving. Mewtwos sword tail tilts are super fast and can attack you several times before u can di away. Hes like a fortress. Toon link compared to mewtwos tilts are useless and when mewtwo does get hit, there's nothing a teleport away can't handle. Idc what u guys say. Mewtwo vs toon link is not in toon links favor. You guys must be real casual players I guess. Your posts are really un intelligent.
Our posts are "un intelligent"? I hope you're trolling with your post.

Last edited:

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Plz stop getting butt hurt about your mains. Stop beong blinded by your characters setup.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
He doesnt miss, and I dont AGT. I havent gotten it down yet but I would still imagine it would be easy for him to smack me. But he kills tink very easily so even if I were to get a combo or two off im already at a high percent or dead.

Edit: also Jam I thank you for not being completely onesided. I dont know if you main mewtwo but it seems that most people will argue that something is right just because they play that character. I know and admit if I have gimpy or cheap attacks because im honest and considerate of what a character has to go through to beat me.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Both M2 mains are clearly pointing out flaws in the very character we main. Both of us aren't "butthurt" (stupid term, stop using it on this website), but more confused by these extremely unfounded claims. It's not like we're spacie or some other top tier. There are plenty of ways to beat M2, whether it be range or plain rushing him. M2 really does well against heavies and fast-fallers. Both Wiz and Schwick just are feeling salty/silly/dumb their friends keep smacking them and they've yet to find a solid way to beat him. Here's character you can pick up: DDK! One M2's hardest MU's around. So you also say that gimping is cheap and admitting you have gimping attacks makes you honest? BAHHHHHH! Guess Jiggs, MK, Peach, Wario, Pika are extremely dishonest/cheap characters right? Your argument keeps losing more and more validity. As long as you (Wiz) have Schwick, it will get even worse for you. Anyway, never said the 2 M2s were the same size because the tail has x2 in size, while the body is the same if not a little taller. The throw was the strongest in game and yet couldn't kill the Spacies till 160%. Your complaints are just not sufficient. I'm able to take criticism, but these critiques are so inconsequential and sound like they come from a place of getting owned instead of actually trying to find a way around M2. Your post collectively comes off as bad as the Miiverse people.

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
Plz stop getting butt hurt about your mains. Stop beong blinded by your characters setup.
I'm not, although, you seem to be getting there. I'm pointing out obvious flaws about the character while still acknowledging his strengths.

He doesnt miss, and I dont AGT. I havent gotten it down yet but I would still imagine it would be easy for him to smack me. But he kills tink very easily so even if I were to get a combo or two off im already at a high percent or dead.

Edit: also Jam I thank you for not being completely onesided. I dont know if you main mewtwo but it seems that most people will argue that something is right just because they play that character. I know and admit if I have gimpy or cheap attacks because im honest and considerate of what a character has to go through to beat me.
I urge you to learn how to AGT, as a long time link main (since the 64 version) it is an AMAZING tool given to both links unlike anything they've seen before. Using link (and toon link) i have AGT'd over an incoming opponent dodging them, hitting them with a bomb and recovering all at the same time.
I'm using Mewtwo in PM because he was the character I always wanted to be viable and now he is, but I am much more experienced as a link main. This is why I'm not one sided, because I've been there! I've been gimped literally hundreds of times throughout every single smash game with link (and toon link and young link where applicable) and know how frustrating it can be.

But, I digress, I suggest learning how to use AGT consistently. It will improve your recovery game by several times (you can bomb jump after using a double jump).

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shwick, I think we hurt man li's butt ;) Again I could care less about stage combat. My initial post was about mewtwos jump. You are the one that got "BUTT HURT" went into other arguments, and yea I get whooped from time to time but I have put the hurt on mewy myself. I AM NOT COMPLAINING THAT MEWTWO IS TOO GOOD. He does have flaws. I know this I admit that because I am honest. Gimping is not cheap. If I were to be right by the side of the stage and get gimped out of my reach of the stage so be it. Everything that I have said has made a point. You are just working yourself up from butt hurtness that you want to prove everything I say wrong. How are top tiers determined? Maybe there isnt anybody good enough to put him on the top. Did anybody think pit was good? Nahh but he can be played by the right person. If nobody low or mid tier needs changes then th PMBR should just quit half of the work that they do. They are constantly making changes to characters high or low. Do they listen to the community? Helllz yea. Is somebody from the PMBR gonna read this argument probably. So I will leave it up to them to take sides. Obviously you cant have a reasonable discussion without having a little sphincter pain. So I am gonna assume that it is pointless to argue with you.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Says can't have a reasonable discussion> tries to use ad hominems/insults......incongruity.
These comments only prove you have aren't experienced with M2. Pit was played by people before Armada, he was considered too good for awhile and got nerfed like Sonic. All the "other arguments" stem from what you bring up. For instance, shall we talk about how Pit was G long before Armada took the reigns? Of course everything you said has a point, but it also has a serious counterpoint along with it. Top tiers are determined by tournament results, and personal members of the BR. In 2.6b Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ivy, and Lucas had the highest earnings among all tournaments, so many considered that these characters were top tier. I don't need to prove that everything you say is wrong, most decent PMers realize that your claims are unfounded. Anyway, you complain that M2's off stage presence is too strong, what Jiggs? Is there no problem with her or are you just mad M2 is now a decent character?

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what im talking about 100% but for the sake of argument I'll pretend
I can't learn
He's a giant slow hurt box with movement options. His tail is a hurtbox, that's why if you're standing on it (i.e behind him dumb close) you get grabbed. You're in his body. No ones gonna tell you how to win. Stop making excuses and learn.

Last edited:

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
[quote="WizKid911, post: 16680878, member: 218689 ;)I AM NOT COMPLAINING THAT MEWTWO IS TOO GOOD. [/quote]
Yahhh I just quoted myself. I never said armada was the reason pit was good. And where am I? Am I on a damn jiggs forum?? If I wanted to complain about jiggy boo then I would go to her forum. And im pretty sure, though I said people get butt hurt you insulted as well without ever seeing what I go through in a match with M2. I can handle him with my main even though he gets gimpy kills.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
NO, you didn't say that Armada made Pit good, but it was heavily implied that's what you meant and the truth is Pit was good beforehand anyway. What did I insult you with my boy? Facts? Anyway, though you claim that you're not complaining that M2 is too good, you actually are by saying his third jump should not exist since he can recover and thus making him OP in your books. I don't really care what you had to go through in a match against a M2 since the point of any fighting game is you're supposed to overcome a person's or character's traits with your own character's positive traits. And if you can handle M2 so much, what was the point of coming here and requesting the loss of a 3rd jump? It's not like M2's jumps are fast, have armor, or not easily interrupted. This whole argument is looking bad on your part.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Easily interupted? Prove it. Tele get him out of that. And idk where the hell u quoted that **** from me. And smash isn't a traditional fighting game. Again you don't give a **** about anyone's opinion. Your just protecting mewtwo lmao. Justifying him. U have so much pride that you can't even see what's in front of you. I'm a ganon main. Sooo if anyone should complain about having a ****ty character its me. But I'm not. I accept his flaws and weaknesses at the moment. But if someone makes a good point about him I'm not gunna get all teary eyed and say someone's wrong just cause there my main. But enough of the angry nerd behind the computer routine. I'm 23 years old and if you don't understand what were trying to say than fine. Dont put a fellow smasher down just cause u think u know everything about smash. What places are u finishing tournaments??? (If you have even been to one)

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Both Wiz and Schwick just are feeling salty/silly/dumb their friends keep smacking them and they've yet to find a solid way to beat him.
I feel insulted "my boy" Not really you wont hurt my feelings. Me saying that M2 shouldnt have a third jump was a hint of sarcasm. I never said, heyyyy thats absurd he should be penalized! I personally came on this forum to see if there was anybody that felt the same way I did, and I got you. So its cool that you have your opinion and all but seeing as you are the only one so excited and defensive about the situation im gonna assume that you are indeed Upset that I am questioning something about your character

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I'm not defensive, but more questioning as a character that is a rarity to see due M2's only above average qualities come into trouble and request removal for no good reason. I'm sure you have your reasons as to why it should, but the vast majority don't agree with what you have said.

Schwik:

All of M2's jumps are slow! Tele's invincibility doesn't come out till frame 8. M2 has plenty of attacks that can be exploited, due to your inexperience with the MU, it seems like a torture dealing with M2. You say Ganon sucks? That's debatable as Ganon has like 3 CGs, plenty of range, and Megabus as a decent OoS. And since we are talking about age here, I'm 19, big whoop. You know the hypocrisy is strong in your last 2 statements.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
There is no vast majority. Its been me and you going back and forth... and if you want to count jam then I can count shwick. Only five people have said anything since my first comment. Dont speak for the everyone unless you have them vouching for themselves

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
There is a vast majority, but no no one really feels the need to come to this thread that often (as most changes to M2 may come as detrimental to game plan). If you go to a more active M2 thread and post that same the same argument you wanted, then see the amount of flack you will receive.

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
Hey Shwick, I think we hurt man li's butt ;) Again I could care less about stage combat. My initial post was about mewtwos jump. You are the one that got "BUTT HURT" went into other arguments, and yea I get whooped from time to time but I have put the hurt on mewy myself. I AM NOT COMPLAINING THAT MEWTWO IS TOO GOOD. He does have flaws. I know this I admit that because I am honest. Gimping is not cheap. If I were to be right by the side of the stage and get gimped out of my reach of the stage so be it. Everything that I have said has made a point. You are just working yourself up from butt hurtness that you want to prove everything I say wrong. How are top tiers determined? Maybe there isnt anybody good enough to put him on the top. Did anybody think pit was good? Nahh but he can be played by the right person. If nobody low or mid tier needs changes then th PMBR should just quit half of the work that they do. They are constantly making changes to characters high or low. Do they listen to the community? Helllz yea. Is somebody from the PMBR gonna read this argument probably. So I will leave it up to them to take sides. Obviously you cant have a reasonable discussion without having a little sphincter pain. So I am gonna assume that it is pointless to argue with you.
If mewtwo (or any character) gets you off the stage and is able to gimp you from wherever you are, they deserve the gimp. Link and Tink can simply nair off the stage and gimp (particularly spacies). Tink and LInk have the Zair that can be used to zone out mewtwo along with projectiles. they have tons of disjointed hit boxes that make mewtwo cry.
If you are off the stage you can throw a boomerang at him to try and intercept his gimp (I do this on the regular). Use the many tools your characters give you and utilize their strengths. Instead of complaining about how easy it is to be killed off the stage focus on not getting hit off in the first place.

(i only quoted this post because I was directing this response to you in general, not to this post in particular)

Easily interupted? Prove it. Tele get him out of that. And idk where the hell u quoted that **** from me. And smash isn't a traditional fighting game. Again you don't give a **** about anyone's opinion. Your just protecting mewtwo lmao. Justifying him. U have so much pride that you can't even see what's in front of you. I'm a ganon main. Sooo if anyone should complain about having a ****ty character its me. But I'm not. I accept his flaws and weaknesses at the moment. But if someone makes a good point about him I'm not gunna get all teary eyed and say someone's wrong just cause there my main. But enough of the angry nerd behind the computer routine. I'm 23 years old and if you don't understand what were trying to say than fine. Dont put a fellow smasher down just cause u think u know everything about smash. What places are u finishing tournaments??? (If you have even been to one)
You seriously have no clue what you're talking about, and you have terrible grammar to boot. It makes me upset that we're the same age because I seriously thought you were 14 based on your arguments and language. Please stop posting, you're only making things worse for Wizkid.

Last edited:

Armada

Smash Lord
Says can't have a reasonable discussion> tries to use ad hominems/insults......incongruity.
These comments only prove you have aren't experienced with M2. Pit was played by people before Armada, he was considered too good for awhile and got nerfed like Sonic.
Did not have really a super updated picture of Pit before I picked him (summer of 2012) but when I decided to play Pit I did look up what peoples general opinion of Pit was because and by far the most people stated that Pit was not "so good". More like a mid tier, nothing special at all.

Just find it a bit funny =D

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Did not have really a super updated picture of Pit before I picked him (summer of 2012) but when I decided to play Pit I did look up what peoples general opinion of Pit was because and by far the most people stated that Pit was not "so good". More like a mid tier, nothing special at all.

Just find it a bit funny =D
THE GREAT ONE SPEAKS! Anyway, Pit has been nerfed, at least the arrows were. You made the Pit meta game stay alive longer and props to you.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Im started to get tired of arguing about this. Smh. Plus we are soooo off topic. So I will say this one last thing and I am done. Keeping mewtwo back with projectiles doesnt always work, as he has a tail, bair, that will intercept the hitboxes thus deflecting them away or destroying them. And since only half of his tail is actual hurtbox he doesnt get hit. Mewtwo can also teleport after Tink throws a projectile, boomarang for example has a little lag, and get inside. If Tink tries to use platforms and Mewtwo is under them then he can jump cancel up air you through the platform. M2s up air is a beast and beats many attacks, whether its because of the speed of it or half of it not having a hitbox. If Tink gets inside then M2 can eat whatever hits are given and down tilt every quarter of a second until tink is lifted off of the ground and either grab or smack you off the stage. M2 can take plenty of hits resulting in him dying at 140 percent, also because of his jump being so long, or higher while Tink can die In as low as 70. Also his CC is beast, but that I feel is an issue with him but at the same time its more towards an overal with the game mechanics. So I hope they do reduce CCing. There are things that Tink has over M2. I have multiple projectiles. Tink is faster. Grounded up b is beast against M2 because it is a continuous attack which can catch him out of tele. I have a sword. Regardless of all of this I still believe Tink is a bad matchup against M2. Man li posting this debate in the Mewtwo thread would most likely get me the same results. Not because you are right but because I am on the M2 thread. People disagree when it comes to their character being op. Ivy players didnt want to admit that ivy was cheap, and im sure any others whos mains were nerfed were in disagreement as well. Now if I were to go on the Toon link boards and have this same question what do you think the results would be? And lastly like I said previously. How many people actually get a chance to consistantly fight a M2? Doing that you will see more bs than anyone. Because you play against him more.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
You talk about my grammar because there's nothing else you can say. I could careless about spelling on a forum when I have to text everything out instead of using a keyboard. You clearly have no tournament experience. Or else you would of said something. I'm sorry I have 2 errors In my post. Were talking about smash idiot. Still waiting on those tournament placings brah. ;)

And were not getting "wrecked" by mewtwo lmfao. So knock it the **** off with that ****. We clearly stated some things about him that are ****ty at times. Idk where you got that from. We beat mewtwo a lot. Still doesn't change the fact that he has some ****ty moments. God I know for a fact I'd stomp you in a match.

TOURNAMENT PLACINGS?!?!
IF YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT YOU PLACE IN TOURNEY THAN NEVER SPEAK AGAIN.

Last edited:

ComposedJam

Smash Cadet
You talk about my grammar because there's nothing else you can say. I could careless about spelling on a forum when I have to text everything out instead of using a keyboard. You clearly have no tournament experience. Or else you would of said something. I'm sorry I have 2 errors In my post. Were talking about smash idiot. Still waiting on those tournament placings brah. ;)

And were not getting "wrecked" by mewtwo lmfao. So knock it the **** off with that ****. We clearly stated some things about him that are ****ty at times. Idk where you got that from. We beat mewtwo a lot. Still doesn't change the fact that he has some ****ty moments. God I know for a fact I'd stomp you in a match.

TOURNAMENT PLACINGS?!?!
IF YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT YOU PLACE IN TOURNEY THAN NEVER SPEAK AGAIN.
Lol, I'm done here. Goodbye.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Honestly, your salt is quite delicious and if there is anymore y'all have, I'm sure it would help in the bath of your tears and blood. This is an argument you clearly had no grounds on starting and keeping. Every off topic statement can be simply derived and attributed to you. Yes many things I said could be considered off topic, but they come from the statements you brought up. Anyway, to base M2's OPness after a few MUs (only Smaus and Tink in this case) is extremely misguided. The thing is about Ivy, she owned everyone and had a safe camping game and really was low risk high reward while her contemporaries had high risk high reward. M2 has medium risk and medium reward and thus all the nerfs you want seems quite pointless if not detrimental. The CC mechanics are the same from Melee and obviously you must've not experienced M2 in Melee as his crouch was great in that game (considering he had the tallest crouch also). I came here to see possible GOOD changes to M2, not see how or discuss how Tink or Smaus struggles against M2 in your personal experience. If y'all beat M2 a lot, really your complaints are useless. Either make up your mind as to how you view M2: he's free AF or he's too tricky and I want to whine about all the buffs given to him.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Lol there you go again. I like how you put words in my mouthI never said all of that needed nerfing. As educated as you make yourself out to be it pains me to see you go on and make asumptions because I stated a personal thought in the first place and just now I mentioned things that both characters had advantage wise and you persist in being a ****. Funny how you disagree with everything I say but when armada made a statement about pit, that in fact you claimed, was wrong you shut up and became his number one fan.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Am I the only one that thinks that M2's second jump is ridiculous... theres no reason that im all the way in the blast zone and he can just sail on out there, while im in magnifier, and back air me. I mean why even give him a third jump? If he still has a jump and he is in the blast zone better believe that he is coming back for more
If this is not a request for nerfing, I don't know life. Trying to act educated brah? Nah.
Anyway, I was more surprised that Armada came to these parts, so yeah. Became his biggest fan? Pretty sure if M2K or Chillin randomly replied to what I said, I will have that sarcastic AF reaction like with Armada (I respect him, but ain't going nuts over the guy). He did advance the Pit meta and as a former Pit main myself, I gave him his props. Amazing when assumptions aren't made and actual explanations are given. I'm willing admitting that I was wrong about Pit, since the few people I talked to said he was top tier in PM and I should have use my own instincts or research more, but hindsight is 20/20. The fact you keep calling M2's playstyle BS comes into question your validity of your original claims and statements though and you seem to base it off only YOUR mains and experiences. If you beat M2 easy then, your complaints seem unwarranted, otherwise learn the MU.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
"Am I the only one who thinks that M2's second jump is ridiculous..." how is that a request? You keep saying the same thing over and over again. Since you just admitted that you took your friends words for the pit situation why should I trust the validity of anything you say. You could be talking out of your Butt hurt rectum.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
mewtwos second jump is ridiculous it just used to be balanced by his abysmal weight

either you nerf his weight of 97 or you nerf his double jump. his double jump is fun, his weight is not, so nerf his weight and we're good.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
"Am I the only one who thinks that M2's second jump is ridiculous..." how is that a request? You keep saying the same thing over and over again. Since you just admitted that you took your friends words for the pit situation why should I trust the validity of anything you say. You could be talking out of your Butt hurt rectum.
Claims I'm butt hurt (using an immature term)> Complains that M2 is OP since he (more likely his friend) can handedly beat his mains >_>.
You're making your argument weaker and weaker my friend. Clearly you didn't read the rest of the message as you said, "Does he even need a 3rd Jump?". I took my friends word of advice for Pit in the 2.0 build of PM since I was new to it, but I did a little research with it as well. Apparently my validity has fallen since I was newly introduced to PM in the 2.0 build and have kept close ties till now. If you based everything off what was 2 years ago, then sure question my validity, but know that it makes you seem a little crazy. A lot happens in 2 years. I keep saying the same over and over again because you don't want the facts to reach through your thick skull.

Now MK0. Why do you want M2 to have a lower weight or jump? M2's frame is as high as a skyscraper and suffers on small stages because of it. His weight is still fun, if not more since the slightest breeze doesn't kill him anymore.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Immature or not I only use it because I know you love it more than M2 himself. I hope you are amusing yourself because talking like you have an audience doesnt make you sound cool. It actually makes your statements comical. Claims to know everything < Disagrees with anything said negatively about his character >.< no you keep saying the same thing over because you have nothing else to say. Yes I am curious meta. Go further. But beware. Man li doesnt like people talking negative about his character

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I love butt hurt the term or being butt hurt? Explain.

Talking negatively about a main is something that is nowhere near out of the norm on this website, but generally your claims come being more on the, "I can't beat my friends M2, so obviously he's OP".

I love what? Please explain since your argument has always been meandering between clueless and senselessness. Whatever argument that makes M2 OP in your books shall be ignored by the PM team most likely.

If I change the subject and say something else you accuse me of flip flopping or bringing other things into the subject, but if I say the same thing you claim that I'm too persistent >_>. I choose to be persistent as there's no reason to change since your "changes" are fundamentally flawed and stem from your own inability to face up against a M2.

I didn't know I knew everything, but geez, I guess I do now and anything published on the internet has an audience, darling.

M2's traits like his jump height, range, can be counterbalanced by the fact he is so tall, light for his size, poor grab range, situational moves, poor combos on floaties and lights, combo food, super floaty, loss of second jump from hover, and an awkward approach in general. Since I'm able to analyze my mains character's traits and able to see more cons than pros, I have a very hard time why you, WIZ, insist on putting a nerf on M2. You claimed you wanted it gone since he can recover from the depths of blast zones....he had that in Melee as well and since he is floaty, it really should not come off as a surprise. You said you didn't play M2 in Melee, fair, but lack of experience with M2 in Melee shows in PM. I speak from my experiences with the character, and then you try and write it off as something unimportant because you say I am "butt hurt" which makes you sound like a jerk and a fool since you ignore experience and then insult. I want to believe that you aren't a fool, but the evidence in your posts...........

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Omg smart guy do i have to tell you whenever I am sarcastic? I never said it was op in the first place. I said it was ridiculous. If you are gonna tell me that I said something then go back and make sure I said it for real. Once again you are not PMBR so stop talking like you know what decisions they will make in the future. Mewtwo has only had one patch to go through. I would assume that there will be more changes on the way. I never said that I didnt play melee either. I actually played melee for years in high school and a little after the fact. Smash eventually became non existent until I found out about 2.5. Probably the greatest day ever! I dont remember how M2 was. back then because of the long period of me not playing melee. I know I remember him dying from not grabbing the ledge because he was out of reach though. AndPM M2 is a whole nother story. He has way more tools at his disposal. And please. His weight and floatiness is balance because of his poor attacks??? If you are gonna state M2s flaws that balance him out then name the advantages that he has. Yes your floatiness is a blessing but a curse... in some situations. The fact that you have a hover gives you a different approach in general along with a way to link some combos. You cant even really compare melee M2 for most things that happen in pm. You speak from your experiences with your character... hmm funny how I am speaking about my experiences as well but it is pushed aside because I apparently dont know the matchup.

Edit: Another reason you say that his jump and weight is balanced is because he is combo food? It tickles me that you claim this because I just watched many many matches on the M2 video thread and almost all of the characters that I thought would get him in combos could not for the simple fact that he can teleport. Another questioning of your validity.

Last edited:

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
reasons to nerf mewtwo's weight

- so others can get him with more throw combos
- so his double jump recovery is not as powerful
- so his cc game isnt as overwhelming
- so people can win against him in a trade for trade situation
- so people can counterpick more stages against him instead of having to only choose the smallest stages
- so mewtwo's actually fun traits dont get nerfed to hell

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
That I can deal with. That coming from someone that actually plays M2. Thank you for showing that you are willing to compromise. Meta are you willing to take losing all of that advantage though. Would changing his weight also benefit you as well?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
His Teleport is in no way awesome, but a decent combo breaker. The amount of combos dropped can be attributed to the lack of MU knowledge. M2 is incredibly technical in itself and the fact he is a skyscraper, it's not crazy for him to be at least a middleweight. The weight is both beneficial and a bane FYI Wiz. I play M2 as well, but compromise like this Wiz is plain silly. M2 doesn't have some game/ground breaking game plan like Ivy did nor does his awkward attributes make him the most user friendly and to further make him more awkward with removal of the buffs is questionable. I'm willing to compromise things like the hover length, grab range and his CC, but not the jump. The fact you Wiz keep complaining about that's so basic to the M2 metagame is akin to saying I want Samus' missiles/charge shot to have less range, move slower, and be weaker while also removing the tether recovery.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Blasts in PM do move a hell of a lot faster. That I could compromise. Missiles ehhhhhh. They are avoidable, and taking away the tether completely.. no but I wouldnt mind a reduction. All of those things just about I could compromise. I know that you are just giving examples and dont intend on arguing about samus' moves. I dont play mewtwo so I dont know what you guys have to go through, all of my experience comes from seeing matches and participating in matches. And I actually dont like the length of the hover. I kinda wish it was a little bit longer.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
And then you COMPLAIN about M2's goods without fully understanding the character? Jumping Jehoshaphat, my boy. I only put my 2 cents when it's something I'm deeply rooted to and have experience playing against and playing with extensively. I do admire that you have the gall to request nerfs or in you words "compromises", but removing the 3rd jump or shortening his 2nd jump is a big no. I said each one of those examples is because removing the tether is akin to losing Teleport and the removal/compromising of the projectiles is akin to M2's jumps. To me, instead of nerfing characters, why don't we buff characters? I don't like the idea that since a character has some positive traits, we must drag them down to be a regular/mid tier. If anything, we should buff everything around them.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
You are really dense. Im not gonna arbee with you anymore. You might as well be posting the same message over. Unless somebody else has Something to say on the matter im gonna change the repeating record thats been playing for 3 daYs now

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
You are really dense. Im not gonna arbee with you anymore. You might as well be posting the same message over. Unless somebody else has Something to say on the matter im gonna change the repeating record thats been playing for 3 daYs now
"If I change the subject and say something else you accuse me of flip flopping or bringing other things into the subject, but if I say the same thing you claim that I'm too persistent >_>".
Calling me dense since I disprove whatever you claim......k'bye. BTW you were also being just as stubborn/persistent as I was, but you really didn't offer anything to the table each time you spewed your opinion out because you didn't analyze the M2 MU nor even analyze M2 in general, but just said in a blatant and blanket statement that his 3rd Jump and 2nd Jump needs nerfing....and I'm the dense one that also knows everything about Smash says you. If I'm dense, then what makes of you, a black hole that sucks any true knowledge and tries to shrug off all the things that have been said for the sake of prolonging the argument for an ungodly reason? I noted that not even once did you truly attribute to even knowing the character's play style to understand why what you said was just a wrong statement. I was hoping you would at least try, but

Numerous times I cited the contradictions/paradoxes/counter-intuitive portions of your argument, but went along with it to see what you were going to say as each new passage was riveting tale as why you personally struggle against M2 who shouldn't be that hard of a MU for a Smaus or Tink main.
What's an arbee also? Arby's?

Top Bottom