• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaos Control: Shadow the Hedgehog for SSB4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Shadow should be-*hurling noises*
Shadow would be a good id-*barfing noises*

Yeah I can't even lie, no.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
But...

That's a quote from Zhu's art of war...

Shadow will not get in. He was never planned for Brawl. I have no idea how you think that. Regardless it's false.
Look man, do I go nailing signs on your door saying you're wrong that fast? That person I've met from Nintendo also said why he was just an assist trophy, because they could not put in the final touches without delaying the game for a third time.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, Shadow was never planned, and no, his chances are certainly not high. There is no reason for Sonic to get a second character, when Sonic is not owned by Nintendo. You think it's hard to get Sonic, Mega Man, and Snake? Imagine how hard it would be to get more from each series, in a Nintendo Crossover.

Oh well. I like Shadow, but he isn't getting into Smash Bros.

But let's please not be rude here. There is no reason for it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Look man, do I go nailing signs on your door saying you're wrong that fast? That person I've met from Nintendo also said why he was just an assist trophy, because they could not put in the final touches without delaying the game for a third time.
And how do I know you aren't lying? Where is your proof?

The burden of proof is in your hands...

There is more evidence to suggest Shadow was never planned as a character. The only planned characters who didn't make it playable were Mewtwo, Roy Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, and "Prai_Mai." We know this because there are incomplete character files on the disk. Shadow had nothing of the sort.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Shadow has no right to be in this game. The year of sonic has nothing to with Nintendo. 3rd Party franchises are limited to one rep because Smash is about Nintendo characters. Go play the Sonic fighting games and shut up.
Yeah, Shadow was never planned, and no, his chances are certainly not high. There is no reason for Sonic to get a second character, when Sonic is not owned by Nintendo. You think it's hard to get Sonic, Mega Man, and Snake? Imagine how hard it would be to get more from each series, in a Nintendo Crossover.

Oh well. I like Shadow, but he isn't getting into Smash Bros.

But let's please not be rude here. There is no reason for it.
Sakurai never said that 3rd party franchises are limited to one rep, and no, the year of sonic is not insignificant. You cannot just try pushing me around just because you don't believe me when I say that I've met someone with experience, someday the Sonic franchise CAN AND WILL have a second representative. But yes, YOU should stop being rude about it.

And how do I know you aren't lying? Where is your proof?

The burden of proof is in your hands...

There is more evidence to suggest Shadow was never planned as a character. The only planned characters who didn't make it playable were Mewtwo, Roy Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, and "Prai_Mai." We know this because there are incomplete character files on the disk. Shadow had nothing of the sort.
Then they scrapped it, none of those characters on the disk were assist trophy or pokeball Pokemon. If you don't believe me, then let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sakurai never said that 3rd party franchises are limited to one rep, and no, the year of sonic is not insignificant. You cannot just try pushing me around just because you don't believe me when I say that I've met someone with experience, someday the Sonic franchise CAN AND WILL have a second representative. But yes, YOU should stop being rude about it.
May I suggest you cool your jets? I'm not being rude to you, I'm being realistic.

The year of Sonic is a fairly new thing, something that comes a very long time after development of Smash Bros 4 started. The year of Sonic is significant to SEGA a whole lot more than Nintendo.

People aren't going to believe you, because literally anybody could say they know somebody who works somewhere. Smashboards requires proof when claims are made like that. So it's really not like we're simply going to believe you.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Sir, I suggest you Let it go.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
May I suggest you cool your jets? I'm not being rude to you, I'm being realistic.

The year of Sonic is a fairly new thing, something that comes a very long time after development of Smash Bros 4 started. The year of Sonic is significant to SEGA a whole lot more than Nintendo.

People aren't going to believe you, because literally anybody could say they know somebody who works somewhere. Smashboards requires proof when claims are made like that. So it's really not like we're simply going to believe you.
I was directing the not being rude part to Toothiest Aura, and believe me, I don't like all of this fighting on a page anymore than you do. Just because it's a SEGA thing doesn't necessarily mean that Sakurai won't play along, and I could care less if people don't believe me, someone told me once before that they met ProtonJon, and I didn't believe hi at all.

D

Deleted member

Even as a Shadow fan, I know for a fact he was never planned to be playable in Brawl.
Quit spreading around bull****.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yeah it's cool that you want Shadow and all, but you shouldn't spread rumors with -1% evidence.

D

Deleted member

I've never really posted in here despite Shadow legitimately being a favorite of mine (though I understand his flaws and I personally believe it would have been for best if he had stayed dead after SA2), and I have to say, I'm rather disappointed in other Shadow fans that post here as well as the anti-Shadow people in what I have read.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know what? This is kinda starting to be annoying, let's just stop talking.
Look, I'm not trying to offend you, or anything of the sort.

I'm not condemning you either.

I just want to you to know that you should be careful who you believe when it comes to stuff like this... There are a lot of fakes out there.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ah, so THIS is why CliffJumper dislikes Pac-Man...

Do keep in mind, Ridley had boss data, but also scrapped AT data. There's no true connection between that.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ah, so THIS is why CliffJumper dislikes Pac-Man...

Do keep in mind, Ridley had boss data, but also scrapped AT data. There's no true connection between that.
BALONEY!!!! I was only saying that because Nintendo doesn't make Pacman stand out as much as they do Sonic.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
BALONEY!!!! I was only saying that because Nintendo doesn't make Pacman stand out as much as they do Sonic.
Joking, I was joking. I'll continue to support Pac, and you Shadow. Let's be civil, alright?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't see Shadow happening even if and when (because I agree at some point of all our third parties Sonic has the strongest chance of a second rep) getting into Smash Brothers. Even Sega has started distancing themselves from Shadow and giving him big prominent roles in the Sonic series.

If Sonic ever really does get a second rep it'll be Tails, Knuckles or Eggman.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I can't see Shadow happening even if and when (because I agree at some point of all our third parties Sonic has the strongest chance of a second rep) getting into Smash Brothers. Even Sega has started distancing themselves from Shadow and giving him big prominent roles in the Sonic series.

If Sonic ever really does get a second rep it'll be Tails, Knuckles or Eggman.
I can see Tails at the least, but as far as the others go, maybe, (sniff) maybe.

Smasherguy37

Smash Rookie
This may excite you...

"While browsing the official website for SSB4 I stumbled across this page while typing in random numbers and letters instead of a character name. Upon clicking the face of the hedgehog (Shadow) I was Simply taken to a 404 not found.
I instantly took a screenshot of said page. It seems to be on Sonic's character page and everything above is normal.
The next day when I came home and tried to find said page again it was gone. I decided to create an account and post this after a lot of trying to get back onto the page."
Shadow the Hedgehog joins the Battle.png

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Ooooooof course you did.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Smasherguy: Fake. Someone in the Rumors and Leaks thread found the source of the image.
This may excite you...

"While browsing the official website for SSB4 I stumbled across this page while typing in random numbers and letters instead of a character name. Upon clicking the face of the hedgehog (Shadow) I was Simply taken to a 404 not found.
I instantly took a screenshot of said page. It seems to be on Sonic's character page and everything above is normal.
The next day when I came home and tried to find said page again it was gone. I decided to create an account and post this after a lot of trying to get back onto the page."View attachment 10140

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
This may excite you...

The next day when I came home and tried to find said page again it was gone. I decided to create an account and post this after a lot of trying to get back onto the page."View attachment 10140
fake Smasherguy37: Shadow's In :falco: Shadow? Too bad.Get off my train!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This may excite you...

This is just my personal opinion, but I think it's fake. Sakurai would probably not leak something like this that easy. This looks more credible than a previous leak of Shadow I've seen that had artwork from Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, but I haven't seen this artwork around, I've checked all the floors on Sonic News Network and haven't found a match. While I do think it's fake anyway, do I see Shadow as impossible, no! It's just not likely, but I would love Shadow to be playable.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
They could always make Shadow the new Snake, they both use guns. Just a thought.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
If anyone's wondering what Capps just did:

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom