• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

chaosmarth's game&watch

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Your Game & Watch has very good music.

But seriously. Your ground game looks pretty solid but generally you should stay in the air more with G&W. Specifically, you need to approach with bair more, which you do better towards the end of the video. I like your use of utilt in particular since it's something a lot of G&Ws (including myself) rarely use. Overall I'd say your G&W has potential and if you keep working at it it'll be good.

Also, that MK did not look very good (no offense to him if he's reading this).

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Your Game & Watch has very good music.

But seriously. Your ground game looks pretty solid but generally you should stay in the air more with G&W. Specifically, you need to approach with bair more, which you do better towards the end of the video. I like your use of utilt in particular since it's something a lot of G&Ws (including myself) rarely use. Overall I'd say your G&W has potential and if you keep working at it it'll be good.

Also, that MK did not look very good (no offense to him if he's reading this).
Thanks i love u-tilt on every character. kinda got the habit from playing marth in melee. and yeah i do need to turtle more. but i learned from m2k that metaknight can upB through the turtle so yeah

And my friend is new to metaknight lololol. hes still learning

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I kinda figured your playstyle was influenced a lot by you playing Marth lol.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ok few things

☼ too much dair, you only got punished a few times, but most players will get you a lot more with it. EVERY gw player probably dairs too much whether they like to admit it or not, especially when they are nervous. Its just something you need to make a conscious effort to try and reduce so when your playing someone better you don't get destroyed for it. That said a good time to dair, that you didn't, is when mk knocks you above him at high to mid percents, once he did and got an up b off. You should just get into the habit of doing a slowfalled dair to cover yourself. Also slowfall when you want to hit someone and see that you won't, to avoid punishment maybe.

☼ bucket brake! very important. Now you only died once, and your probably thinking 'but i died so fast it wouldn't have helped'. yes thats true, not this match, but i saw that you airdodged before you died so you gotta drop that habit.

☼ way more up air. i use this to piss off just about everyone i play, and it works on everyone, including good players. Some characters are affected more than others like, snake and ddd etc. But mk can find himself in trouble at times too

☼ dash attack the drill, it works.

☼ try to work more grabs into your game. most gw's don't grab enough, simply because gw is so disjointed you never find yourself that close. I will sometimes hop around and do empty shorthops near them w/ air dodges to get around them and grab. When you do start grabbing more, mix up dthrows and up throws to keep them on they're toes.

pretty good otherwise, but your opponent does need work as mentioned above.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

I didn't know dash attack beats drill o: I'll try that some more definatly. I'll take all this advice and ad it to my game. <3

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
A big skill lvl differnce, just work on your dairs. Be sure to space them.
Learn to bucketbreak.
Nice agressive playstyle and good use of the nair.

Also grab throw down and dsmash, its great against an mk.
Its a good video, made you really standout.

Show us more videos on your improvement.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
No offense to the Meta Knight, but videos against someone closer to your skill level would be nice.

Anyway, you really did a good job integrating the utilt unlike, well, all of us, but remember that the ftilt hits on an earlier frame and is more powerful (though it has more cooldown). For instance, that last utilt you landed could have been a killing ftilt.

I personally like dair against Meta Knight because, yeah, Meta Knight likes the turtle (turtle is the main approach move in general though). Dair isn't all that safe though; it's one of the main issues with you needing a better opponent because someone like that doesn't really show if you are good at being smart with dair.

As a rule, never pummel with Mr. Game & Watch. Our frame data is lacking it, but I think his pummel lasts for over 30 frames (I'm pretty sure it's worse than King Dedede's which is 29 frames total). That means opponents who are good at grab breaking will break before you finish a single pummel until they are at over 100%, and you don't get two pummels until well over 200%. Until we have real frame data on that super slow bell hit, I'd suggest just not pummeling at all as it will just hurt you against good players. Also, about throws, dthrow to dsmash works on Meta Knights who fail at teching. It's a fun trick to earn easy wins against worse players (and you'd be surprised at the people who mess up techs). You can find a list of which characters need to tech to avoid it here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178326

Also, your avatar and such only raise the question. If Marth is so good in smash bros after how he was pretty average in Fire Emblem, how terrifyingly broken would his girlfriend have been considering that she was pretty much broken there?

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Thanks for the help, pummeling is an old marth habit. and Sheeda would be 10x better then metaknight. But I'd main her even if she was worse then falcon.

Top Bottom