• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Appreciation Thread : Ivysaur

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Character Appreciation Thread : Ivysaur:ivysaur:
Brawl Snapshots of The Green Machine - Ivysaur!

This is a character appreciation thread for Ivysaur. More specifically, a thread where you can post Brawl Snapshots that you have taken of our favorite 'saur.

This thread is not to be used to post other people's pictures. Posting someone else's snapshots will get you reported. Also, to keep the thread clean, there will be NO quoting of images.

Simply post images you have taken along with a little description if necessary. A few pointers to follow:
  1. Keep your images at a decent size. No one wants to wait three days for this thread to load.
  2. Put some effort into them. Get good camera angles, make sure they're interesting! Don't just make snapshots, make art!
  3. While it's not a must, putting a nice, thin, black border around your snapshots helps to make them feel far more professional and attractive.
  4. Lastly, make sure they're good quality! There are plenty of tools out there to make sure they look good - don't resize with MS Paint - it looks horrible!
  5. Important : Keep the images in good taste! Do not post possibly perverted or inappropriate snapshots - you will be reported.

Tools

Quality Tips That Worked For Me
  1. Use the Snapshot BIN Converter to turn your files into PNGs (minimum quality loss) (make sure they are exported to the largest size possible)
  2. Open up the file(s) in Adobe Photoshop. If you don't have Adobe Photoshop or an image program with similar options, skip to Step 5.
  3. In Adobe Photoshop, go to the top menu-bar and choose Filter -> Stylize -> Diffuse and choose the Anisotropic options. Click Okay.
  4. You'll notice the image looks cleaner, but also a little strange.
  5. Now go to the menu-bar again and choose Image -> Image Size. Type in a width like 550px and make sure it automatically chooses the appropriate height (if it doesn't, make sure the "Constrain Proportions" box is checked). Then, make sure the bottom drop-down box is set to Bicubic Sharper - this makes the image look better onces downsized.
  6. If possible, add a black 2px wide border to the image for a finishing touch. In Photoshop, this can be done by going to menu Select -> All and then the menu Edit -> Stroke to add a border. Set the Width to 2px, Color to Black, and the Location to Inside
  7. Save. Yay!

Happy posting! Examples of my work is in the next post! :D

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Here are the snapshots I took myself and then used L0nk's SSBB Bin File Viewer, to export them. Quality filters and borders were done using Adobe Photoshop. Hope you enjoy!

Ivysaur watches Chikorita use Razor Leaf - watch and learn, Ivysaur!

Ivysaur has the Smash Ball! His eyes glow with determination!

Ivysaur stands proud as the crowd cheers him on!

With a firm stance, Ivysaur prepares for an all-out attack!

Pokemon Trainer calls out to his partner - "Ivysaur, Razor Leaf!"

A blow to the face sends Ivysaur flying through the air!

With the Screwball Badge on it's head, Ivysaur is read for anything!

A glowing Ivysaur tumbles through the sky! Will he recover?

He must recover! Ivysaur's eyes glow gold as he flies across the sky!

Against the night-sky, a glowing and majestic Ivysaur has a Final Smash waiting to be unleashed!

God I love Ivysaur. Don't worry, there's more where that came from! I'll post 'em once I see some replies from you guys!

Son1x

Smash Apprentice
Yay *Appreciates*

Too bad I don't have a SD card, or else I'd post this one pic I took of Ivy enjoying the Scenery of Distant Planet.

Care to add both my Wii and Brawl Codes so I could send it to you?

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Here are some more snapshots I took! Again, I used L0nk's SSBB Bin File Viewer, to export them. Quality filters and borders were done using Adobe Photoshop. Hope you enjoy these too!

Oh, and Son1x, I'm at work right now but I'll add you when I get home! :D

Ivysaur uses his favorite attack - Razor Leaf!!!

With a motion-sensing mine in his mouth, Ivysaur surveys the area for a place to set it...

Ivysaur spins his vines! What a cool looking move!

Ivysaur sits on the edges of hell itself - not even the flaming pits of the underworld phase him. :D

Ivysaur is surrounded by a glowing light as he faces off against the famous Captain-Valentine!

Ivysaur frolics through the Mushroomy Kingdom...

Ivysaur surveys the Mushroomy Kingdom from atop one of it's pipes - Pokemon Trainer right by his side.

Pokemon Trainer and Ivysaur concoct a plan...

Ivysaur watches as flames pass overhead.

Having just pulverized the enemy, Ivysaur relaxes with his trainer to take it all in...

Horrah for Ivysaur! He needs more respect...he's like a puppy the way he moves!

Top Bottom