• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Ban Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
OK so it's about time I asked for an actual answer to the question: why aren't we allowed to talk about a mk ban?

I'm not saying that I agree with it, but I can see a very clear case for it. There is a very strong argument for it, but every time it is brought up the thread is locked or someone is banned. This can't be the way forwards.

N.B. Perhaps my point will be verified by this thread being closed???

I can see why the bbr might be getting annoyed with the pestering from some of the rest of the community, especially since they have obviously already made a decision. However, simply stating 'this will not be re-discussed' isn't going to help ANYTHING. Pro-ban people will still pester the bbr. Anti-ban people will still rise to the bait. Threads will still be locked. The topic will still be taboo amidst swf.

Why can't the bbr just say that it won't be re-discussed until a certain date? This will appease both parties and stop the pointless and inevitable intermediate arguments. I have enough faith in the community by now to be confident that an official RECENT discussion will be both well articulated and well-received.

Please feel free to prove me wrong.

EDIT: So apparently it's not the bbr that is 'to blame', and the copy of this thread elsewhere got closed because of this... that's fine, and I actually wasn't trying to blame anyone, but that's not an answer to ANYTING I was saying.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll speak as myself here, as a person who is a apart of the BBR and Staff, though I'll remind you this is me talking about the issue and what many have said.

The BBR stated at the last ban thread they didn't have a date set to discuss it, because most likely they didn't want to after 4 other ones even if they had a vote that was split even from what I understand.

We're not allowed to talk about it because like others said in the past thread, it causes a storm of flames and trolls who pestered the threads and makes moderation a chore, this is the reason they gave for it.

I will state this, Do not remake a thread like this, if you have an issue with the rule please make this thread in forum support.

You will have a better shot of discussing this there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom