• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Alliances

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
I think Sheik and Peach should partner up and be called SisterHood but that's just me.

People who would support this decision: Charoo, Edrees, Chokalait

damezguy

Smash Apprentice
And here I thought it was Toon Link boards that has an alliance with the Kirby boards, lol. I guess I could be wrong. I guess the Kirby boards get's along with the King Dedede boards I think.
no the tl boards probably do have an alliance with kirbz. i personally prefer olimar as a teammate and character even though i have seen some beastly kirbys. i was mutilated, combo style.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Link would never team up with Toon Link. We think they are gay.

What do you mean Dryn??? do you not remember beer canceling??? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222816&highlight=beer+canceling

that kind of stuff was all over the Link AIB boards lol.....
I've never heard of it until now, and I must say the video I watched was one of the most hilarious matches I've ever witnessed. Usually I'm expecting an "oh" or "ah" moment, but this one just had me laughing all the way.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
And here I thought it was Toon Link boards that has an alliance with the Kirby boards, lol. I guess I could be wrong. I guess the Kirby boards get's along with the King Dedede boards I think.
lol check every other toon's comment +asdioh.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I would suggest a CBA subforum. One CBA would go in there per group. Other team-ups can be discussed in the character's forum, however, it would be discussed differently, like a matchup discussion. The alliance you would choose now would be researched in depth, like a normal character, creating combos, dual chaingrabs, whatever. So please choose your team character wisely. Most characters can do a lot for each other. Captain Falcon and MK, though opposite ends of the spectrum can have MK combo and bring the opponents to a Falcon Punch. Consider this new proposal...? Or should we just rotate every three months unless the group wishes to stay together, in which case, I will simply post the current available characters. Some people may wish to rotate, others may stay together. All a matter of choice...

:lucario:

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
this is a ******** idea that isn't going to lead to anything useful that people don't already know

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
this is a ******** idea that isn't going to lead to anything useful that people don't already know
lol, your right. The closest thing that this thread would be useful of is seeing the character boards that has an alliance is to see the two characters common in tourneys. But that's just it, other than that, it's all casual talk and not really competitive talk.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic alliances...

Sonic + Link = Steak and Beer

Sonic + Lucas = Steak Omelettes

Sonic + Falcon = Hedgefalcon Alliance...Steak?

Those are probably the biggest, but Sonic boards are pretty chill with everyone. We get along with the Ness family, the PT crew, Jiggs, and pretty much every Low Tier board, lmao. It's a big family, we share our Steak.

:093:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well, yeah... the reason I made this is for it to be easier on people in teams. If you happen to say, randomly pair up with a Pikachu, you may just consider yourselves in two categories, stock tank, and actual fighter, well moreso fighter. However, if we come up with combos, what can happen is that when you pair up, you can synch far easier without knowing the person. You'll know your combos and when to use them and your partner will see these options as well and know what to do. Simpler discussions are okay, but not as in depth. Let's say you create a combo. Being your best combo, you name it the same as your alliance. You both provide a subtle synchronized hint and begin the combo. This makes doubles surprisingly easier and allows people to discuss further in depth. Everyone really should just get a stickied topic for their alliances, or an entire subforum. The point is, by rotating out, you learn far more about available partners than you usually would, and know how to work with them. This isn't a playful topic at all. It is meant not for names, as names will only be important later, but for competitive doubles strategy. That is the entire reason this topic was made, and I hope that everyone will soon take part in it. Thank you.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Original idea, however I don't think it'd help much. Not only will it be hard to find a teammate in your respective area with the character of your allied board, this online alliance would still be all theory talk; you'd need that person to be your static doubles partner and train for a while before you just randomly pair up at a tournament.

Doubles isn't so much the characters, but the chemistries of two separate mindsets and playstyles, and how well they work together.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Toon Link needs to find another person who is also a child.
Kirby is a baby child.

Don't tell, but ICs can give lucas 90% health in one move.
Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Now I know who my IC counterpick is :D it actually sounds like a good matchup (considering Kirby's heavily disadvantaged against the ICs)

We're constantly being told to drop our character because of how bad they are. It's not like we don't already know how handicapped we are compared to the others... and these comments usually come from people that have never played a good Ness.
Dude, you're so lucky. I love being told my character sucks, and then winning.

And if I lose, it's "only because my character sucks" :D

CF and marth alliance

the muscular tiara
LOLWUT

King Dedede boards eh? ... I wonder if I've ever been there... >_>

There are 37 different characters, right? Then if my calculations are correct than you would have 666 different team combinations... have fun figuring out that tier list. XD
Uhhhh seriously? 666? o_O

No one will want to team with the fox board LOL.
LMAO. No one wants the fox boards.
Is each character only allowed one partner? Kirby+Fox... Kirby can copy the lasers and spam SHQL (Short Hop Quadruple Laser ^_^)

TP

Smash Master
The Ganon Board and the Falcon Board are always visiting each other. Things like the FoG, UpB hitstun, RCO, and DAD's awesome YES-chain keep our boards together. We should form an official alliance. We'll call it "Ganon and Little Ganon".

|RK|

Smash Marketer
No, we would rotate out. So that would make it perfectly easy once we've covered all of the characters. I merely suggested one at a time since it would be easier to focus on one. But you can do as much as you want at a time.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Nobody likes the peaches but, I think that they would be a good CBA if they teamed up with the IC. I call it, " Icey Hearts." Hey, I think i'm gonna work on that. How would i?

Coney

Smash Master
Ness and Mario boards love each other, should totally be together.

If it were at all possible, Sonic and Sonic.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
MKs should def team with the diddy boards.

Fruity Bats.

and the snake boards

surprise in a box.

top tier team

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
The only reason I'm interested is to hear some legit team names

Snake + Captain Falcon = TESTOSTERONE EXPLOSION! =win

|RK|

Smash Marketer
^Thank you. Seriously people...

Kirbies and Toon Links. Tell me... on which board will this alliance be situated? And what's the team name?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I think the Ness and Lucas boards should be Allied and we shall call it "PK Love."
I'd sooner curb-stomp them than affiliate myself with such a dumb character. XD

Peach boards are where it's at for Ness I think. Ness is a playa after all.

Top Bottom