• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Maybe it is because he wanted Link's Shield to be one of his own unique mechanics.
Well, the shield wouldn't have to nullify projectiles like Link's. It could be used as a weapon (shield bash, anyone?) and be used as part of his counter.

Wait.

Epiphany.

Chrom uses the Shield of Seals as a Great Lord.

Morbi

Scavenger
And by unique mechanic, you mean a completely useless mechanic that does nothing whatsoever.
A completely useless mechanic unique to his character, nevertheless!

I honestly dislike his design more than any of those things.
I agree, that is the only thing that bothers me about Brawl's Ganondorf as well. Aesthetically, the brightness and attenuated detail should help make his character look more appealing. Or at least that is my hope.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
It is kind of weird that the shield is never used in Smash, considering it's the name of the series.

But then again, Zelda wasn't playable in The Legend of ZELDA for 23 years.

Morbi

Scavenger
Someone get the picture of the female villager.

Because these two never saw the 200+ pictures of Smash Bros. after the Direct.
Female Villager was confirmed? I didn't ever look at the 200+ picture drop, but this seems like it would have been a big reveal, something I would have known.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
But which is more important to Sakurai? Being unique, or being good?
Being unique, but at the same time it's not going to become automatically good.

When it's done good, we've gotten Marth with his distinctive properties of his attacks making an already efficient character even more effective.
When it's done badly, we've gotten the incredibly convoluted Pokemon Trainer which has so many problems that it shouldn't of happened to begin with.

Morbi

Scavenger

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, the shield wouldn't have to nullify projectiles like Link's. It could be used as a weapon (shield bash, anyone?) and be used as part of his counter.

Wait.

Epiphany.

Chrom uses the Shield of Seals as a Great Lord.
sample3.jpg

As does Lucina. (Well, she uses her mask, but whatevs.)

Good afternoon, everyone!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why does every FE discussion have a war over two characters?

Especially when Chrom or Lucina are involved.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because

1) Everyone hates Chrom
2) Except a few
3) Everyone likes other characters
4) Other characters are extremely unlikely
A few my foot.

I don't care for Chrom,I'm just sure alot of people like Chrom.

Why can't someone just say : "You know what,your choice and my choice both sound good,just put both in. **** the logic rules."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A few my foot.

I don't care for Chrom,I'm just sure alot of people like Chrom.

Why can't someone just say : "You know what,your choice and my choice both sound good,just put both in. **** the logic rules."
In the context of Smashboards, it's a few.

And I would very much like it if we got Chrom and then another. But every time I've tried to suggest it, I get shot down.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
4 Fire Emblem characters would be a huge disappointment to me.
Development time could be used to add characters like K. Rool or Palutena, not another character for a series that deserves two at best.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
4 Fire Emblem characters would be a huge disappointment to me.
Development time could be used to add characters like K. Rool or Palutena, not another character for a series that deserves two at best.
Fire Emblem doesn't deserve a mere two characters. The series has more history than most of the ones in Smash Bros.

We just don't need any more Lords, is all. We already have the good ones.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fire Emblem doesn't deserve a mere two characters. The series has more history than most of the ones in Smash Bros.

I thought you advocated for Chrom and Lucina? Both of them are Lords, after all.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Fire Emblem is one of the least successful and most obscure franchises in Smash Bros.
I'm not saying that I dislike Marth or Ike or even Roy, because I don't, but 3 characters is truly a blessing for Fire Emblem. Not that I don't think it will happen, because I do.
I just don't think it deserves that much (especially if DK and Metroid are still at 2).

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I think that having 3 Fire Emblem character represents would be deserving enough for me.

I am already happy enough that Marth is back.

Would I like Ike to return? I don't mind at all.

Would I want a new FE character? Of course I would.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm okay with 3 FE characters, but it just seems strange that such an obscure franchise gets more representation than DK or Metroid.
Even though K. Rool and Ridley could still very well make the cut, just hypothetically.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Reminder that Chrom is getting in over Ridley.
That's what I'm saying.
Metroid is bigger and more popular than FE, yet it may stay at 2 reps while FE may jump to 3.
I have the same gripe with DK, even though I feel that K. Rool is likely I think Chrom is likelier.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I never advocated for Chrom. Lucina only because I liked her more than the other candidates.

Besides, I have found someone way better than Lucina...
Pretty sure images aren't allowed.

Also, if we're talking about female Fire Emblem characters, I'd still prefer Robin.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I still think that an Awakening rep will be in. After, I do feel that his inclusion was sort of hinted via the Smash Direct during the Trophy Quiz when it unveiled the Awakening version of Tiki, to which I believe that he could be a playable character in the game.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I still think that Chrom will be in. After, I do feel that his inclusion was sort of hinted via the Smash Direct during the Trophy Quiz when it unveiled the Awakening version of Tiki, to which I believe that he could be a playable character in the game.
I wouldn't look too much into those trophies section as I don't think they mean much. Nevertheless, Chrom is definitely a plausible newcomer candidate.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I still think that an Awakening rep will be in. After, I do feel that his inclusion was sort of hinted via the Smash Direct during the Trophy Quiz when it unveiled the Awakening version of Tiki, to which I believe that he could be a playable character in the game.
That would only hint at an Awakening character in general, though.

Also, Robin's theme song played during that segment. Assuming that the songs they used in the Direct are actually in the game, that could actually be evidence in Robin's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom