• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Also, I'm betting nobody is actually going to play as any of these Fire Emblem newcomers.
I give everyone a shot, even if I suck at that character (Olimar, I'm looking at you)

We just don't need any more Lords, is all. We already have the good ones.
Add Lucina, then we'll say that's enough

Seriously, does anyone find having two Fire Emblem characters in Melee, but one Metroid and DK character weird?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want to make a thread where you design a unique, interesting moveset for characters don't think have a chance or absolutely can't stand.

Mine would be for Aran Ryan from Punch-Out!!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I want to make a thread where you design a unique, interesting moveset for characters don't think have a chance or absolutely can't stand.

Mine would be for Aran Ryan from Punch-Out!!
I would love to see something for Daroach. He'd be an awesome character in Smash.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, we got Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina before Diddy, so maybe...
Diddy did appear in Double Dash and Wii before, I have no idea why they cut him for 7 koopalings (who I'm rather mixed about their inclusion) and a metal princess, but alas.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Vertical Roster.png

New vertical roster. Wish fulfillment. You haters might as well ignore Anna and Ghirahim, they ain't going nowhere.

The "Newcomer" icon is a placeholder for whoever you guys suggest.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Diddy did appear in Double Dash and Wii before, I have no idea why they cut him for 7 koopalings (who I'm rather mixed about their inclusion) and a metal princess, but alas.
If Funky does get it,you can make sure one thing :

Pineapple Grenades.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Give Chrom Roy's sword base sweetspot. Then have Chrom use many leaping moves to further ensure hitting with the base.

B can be Rightful King. Chrom holds up his sword and a vacuum effect pulls in enemies directly in front of him as long as B is held. Release of B has him bring down his sword.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 13920

New vertical roster. Wish fulfillment. You haters might as well ignore Anna and Ghirahim, they ain't going nowhere.

The "Newcomer" icon is a placeholder for whoever you guys suggest.
I really prefer horizontal instead,but not too shabby. I'm still not sure about Lucas and you're obviously still in denial with Ridley.

Also,Black Shadow

EDIT : Anna,maybe someone will argue about it,but no one gives a **** for Ghirahim in a roster.
Ridley is the real one that people will discuss about your roster,saying he's deconfirmed and stuff.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really prefer horizontal instead,but not too shabby. I'm still not sure about Lucas and you're obviously still in denial with Ridley.
For the last time, I'm not in denial, I don't personally care about Ridley. I legitimately think he's good a good chnace, thanks to what other people have shown me in support of him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For the last time, I'm not in denial.
That's what they all say.

The controversy of the shadow in the direct is basically a pun from how I see it.

Basically,it's saying in the future there will be other boss stage hazards (Like that Monster from Find Mii stage. See? Ridley wasn't the only one left out.)

So in other words,and this is good,it's ForeSHADOWing.
Heh,puns.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I used to be really negative about Ridley's chances after the Direct. I thought he was obviously done for.
But then I decided to look further and realized that his shadow motions are more similar to that of a playable character rather than a boss.
So that's why I'm clinging on to hope. Sakurai could be trolling us hard.

I'm 50/50 at this point. It's not like I'm saying " OMG RIDLEY CONFURMED 100".

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Neither Metroid nor DK had anyone notable who could be a clone, at the time.
DK Jr.?

If I had to guess, Diddy was considered the obvious second-in-line and Sakurai decided that he "deserved better" than a hackneyed clone role, like he did when using Doc as a Mario clone instead of Wario.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Is it true that Sakurai said he didn't like Wario Land, and Warioware was what made him really fond of the character?
A little off topic but I remember hearing this somewhere.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Is it true that Sakurai said he didn't like Wario Land, and Warioware was what made him really fond of the character?
A little off topic but I remember hearing this somewhere.
Never said that.

He did mention that he loved Warioware when he showcased the DIY feature in Warioware DIY before the game released.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
Ghirahim over Ganon. Why? Because he's more fabulous and I would play him.

And if any of you say anything bad about him, I will report you to the authorities!

ᵖᶫˢ ᵗʰᵒ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵍʰᶦʳᵃʰᶦᵐ

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

4 Fire Emblem characters would be a huge disappointment to me.
Development time could be used to add characters like K. Rool or Palutena, not another character for a series that deserves two at best.
As disappointed as I would be in K. Rool's exclusion, I consider Ike being replaced by Chrom to be far more offensive. K. Rool at least might get another shot in the next Smash, Ike is gone for good if he gets replaced. I'd much rather have four Fire Emblem (at least Roy would get to come back).

That said, I'd be fine if the only two Fire Emblem characters were Marth and Ike. However, Chrom's been leaked, so I'd rather avoid a "first and the lastest lord" situation. Also I would like to mention that they're not necessarily going to pick four Fire Emblem characters over three DK reps. If Donkey Kong doesn't get a newcomer, it won't be because of Fire Emblem.
Reminder that Chrom is getting in over Ridley.

Damn you Sakurai for not allowing us to have great rosters and gameplay in a game again. You had a great thing going with the original.

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@鉄腕アトム
I understand that Ike or Chrom won't get in K. Rool's way and vice versa, but development time is development time and quite frankly if it came down to Chrom/Ike or K. Rool my choice would be an easy one.

Also I doubt Chrom will be that bad. But no Ridley would of course be disappointing. I'm holding onto some hope but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way.

And I came up with a theory while thinking about priority all day: characters may be revealed due to how complete they are. Think of it this way.
Villager: Star of an unrepresented and important IP, clearly high priority.
Mega Man: Incredibly popular and unique 3rd party. Since he would probably be built from the ground up he's high priority.
Wii Fit Trainer: Yeah I got nothing. See Villager I guess.
Rosalina: I feel that Mario newcomers are prioritized over other series because Mario is Mario. Not to mention that Rosalina's gameplay hardly imitates anyone else's. Maybe Peach's model was used, but only for very early development.
Little Mac: See Villager. His playstyle is also very unique, but some evidence has led me to believe that Captain Falcon's model was used to build Little Mac (their aerial hurt animations are uncannily similar). Probably early development.
Greninja: Basically the Lucario of Smash 4, so he was likely prioritized due to advertising purposes. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him out prioritize Mewtwo and Jiggs.
So what do you guys think? I'm not positive about it, but I feel like the newcomers shown off so far are some of the higher priority ones.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
K. Rool's true competition is Dixie Kong TBQH.
Well yeah. But there are reasons why I totally see K. Rool over Dixie.
I'm in a rush so I'll make this quick.
-Popularity
-Uniqueness
-Kremlings yet no sign of Tropical Freeze
-No heavyweights yet
I would love to see King K. Rool over Chrom any day. :love:
Welcome to Smashboards! I like the way you think.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ghirahim over Ganon. Why? Because he's more fabulous and I would play him.

And if any of you say anything bad about him, I will report you to the authorities!

ᵖᶫˢ ᵗʰᵒ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵍʰᶦʳᵃʰᶦᵐ
Id love to have ghirahim in the game (love it!)

Honestly if ganondorf is unchanged once again id rather not even see him in the game. Even as huge as he is for the series it would be ridiculous to have him as captain ganondorf again while a few other characters have gotten overhauls already.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah, the fact that the Kremlings are being acknowledged is boosting my confidence, but not by much. Gotta stay realistic.
K. Rool is realistic.
DK needs a villain, and K. Rool is incredibly popular and unique.
So I see no reason why K. Rool isn't a realistic guess.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Ehh, the original had it's roster issues too.
The fact Ness (and to a lesser extent, Falcon) got in over a second Zelda character was rather odd. Not to mention Luigi and Jigglypuff got in over Bowser and Mewtwo, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom