• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
New Characters I feel are solid bets based on the info we have been given.

Ridley and either Demise/Impa or ghirahim based on the trophy theory

King K. Rool based on the kremlings (who haven't been used in forever)

Shulk and Chorus Kids due to gematsu leak, shulk voice actor, rhythm heaven enemies in smash run.

Krystal due to lack of star fox content (no stage or secondary characters yet.) I feel she would come in a new trailer with the other missing characters (I expect a trailer similar to the fire emblem one)

Dark Pit since he was hinted at and clones seem like a thing

Dixie since she has relevance on her side as well as being planned for inclusion in brawl and she would be a perfect clone

Also evidence for a DK trailer is the lack of donkey kong series content such as stage/characters.

P.S. Mewtwo also due to him not being shown in a pokeball and the fact greninja was ambiguous in his trailer.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ike has an original moveset that no other Fire Emblem character can really replicate.

Pokemon choices are based off of popularity, and Lucario is both still popular and relevant even in X and Y.
The point I am making is that the one-time character argument never has had any weight to it whatsoever.

Shroob

Sup?
The point I am making is that the one-time character argument never has had any weight to it whatsoever.
To be fair though, Ike was in two games, a claim very few FE characters can lay claim to. :p

And Lucario has been in pretty much everything since his mama and papa Lucario got freaky with it.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hum...

Seems that a zelda newcomer is believed to happen with more chances so by that logic, Paper Mario would be more believable to happen and like zelda newcomer, relies now on Sakurai's decision or in other words, we're in the dark but it can happen.

Am I doing this right?

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
You know, I know I originally said that I can't really get behind any Zelda characters, but the more I think about it, the more I would like to see Impa. My initial worry about her was that she would replace Sheik, but that obviously won't be a problem.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
If the Trophy Theory gets Ridley in the game as a playable character, then I'm all for it. But I can't think of a Zelda character that I actually would want in Smash...
Besides Ganondorf. Hmmm idk I could see them doing something with like Ghirahim or Vaati.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd like Impa.... from Hyrule Warriors. That massive sword with that swift, Ninja-like build would be hilarious to use.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Dark Pit seems to be gaining a lot of popularity lately. I always kinda suspected that his appearance in the trailer was hinting at him being a secret character, but at the same time it feels weird that they would hint at him so heavily. If he is a secret character, I hope that not all secret characters will be so heavily hinted at.

Game and Watch's lack of confirmation might support the theory that he's a secret character though.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
@SmasherMaster , the roster you posted earlier is among the best I've ever seen. It has Mewtwo, Ridley, K Rool and Andy, the characters that need most desperately to be in.
Bravo

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Besides Ganondorf. Hmmm idk I could see them doing something with like Ghirahim or Vaati.
Out of those two, I would prefer Vaati. But, as I stated above, overall, I'm growing partial towards Impa.

Just so you know, Hyrule Warriors makes every Zelda character look important, it doesn't really give Impa a boost of a chance.
Agatha for Smash

You're right. But Impa has still been one of few characters to be in more than one game, which, for Zelda, is pretty impressive.

D

Deleted member

However, does this mean that there is no Shulk?

That would disappoint quite a few on these boards.
Let's see if I can't clear this up:
-There's "Protagonist of Fire Emblem Awakening", and then there's Shulk.
-Informant assumed the former was Chrom, but in reality it was Robin.
-Informant mistook Robin for Shulk at first glance and assumed Shulk was Monday's reveal, but in reality it was Robin.

There's still Shulk. He just was mistaken as Monday's reveal.

This is of course, if the informant's actually telling the truth.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The only Zelda newcomer fit for smash is tingle.
I don't know why Sakurai can't see that.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Does anybody really think that Hyrule Warriors has any impact on Smash 4? If so could someone tell me why? It seems to me that Hyrule Warriors was more recently developed, probably after Smash 4 started development. Also the fact that it's not a traditional Zelda game. Because of that, I think it's possible Sakurai would pay no attention to Hyrule Warriors for Smash 4 content. I would like to see everyone else's opinions on this.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Ike has an original moveset that no other Fire Emblem character can really replicate.

Pokemon choices are based off of popularity, and Lucario is both still popular and relevant even in X and Y.
While I don't doubt that's the reason Ike's in, Hector could reasonably replicate Ike's moveset. Not that it would make sense to cut Ike for Hector, I'm just saying :awesome:

EDIT: Scamper, I assume there could be some stuff because While it was only recently annonced, the development time had to overlap a little bit and someone definitely mentioned it to Sakurai, to what extent we'll see stuff depends on just how much overlap occured.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Let's see if I can't clear this up:
-There's "Protagonist of Fire Emblem Awakening", and then there's Shulk.
-Informant assumed the former was Chrom, but in reality it was Robin.
-Informant mistook Robin for Shulk at first glance and assumed Shulk was Monday's reveal, but in reality it was Robin.

There's still Shulk. He just was mistaken as Monday's reveal.

This is of course, if the informant's actually telling the truth.
Perhaps, but I thought the hook of this theory was that the informant did not have visuals. Of course he could have looked up the characters and have been confused.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Considering Skyward Sword was the beginning of everything in the Zelda timeline and he's never appeared again....
That is a good point, but...

He can be lost as a sword for many, many eons like many other treasures and artifacts in the Hyrule Kingdom.

Also, there is a human developer side to this. While the Zelda timeline is one thing, the order of human history creating the Zelda Universe is another. If Ghirahim markets well and the developers are a fan, he may be worked back into the timeline.

*Think of other historical references mentioned in only one game such as those strange bird-like people with human heads in Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Does anybody really think that Hyrule Warriors has any impact on Smash 4? If so could someone tell me why? It seems to me that Hyrule Warriors was more recently developed, probably after Smash 4 started development. Also the fact that it's not a traditional Zelda game. Because of that, I think it's possible Sakurai would pay no attention to Hyrule Warriors for Smash 4 content. I would like to see everyone else's opinions on this.
At first I did, as I thought the roster was limited to only the best, you know?
I'm not so certain now that bug girl Agitha is in.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman

I don't think it'll have any impact. Not only is it new, but Sakurai has a tendency to disregard spinoffs...well, most spinoffs (looking at you, Mario).

I mean, Pokemon has multiple Spinoffs, with Ranger and Mystery Dungeon immediately coming to mind, and yet there's absolutely no mention of them in Brawl.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

My updated roster, red boarders mean unlockable characters.

Any who the only new Zelda I want is Groose for ONLY being a horrible character-Dan Hibiki style. Everyone else I don't care for in the slightest.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I still think Shulk and at the very least Marshal are in the game.

Although Chrom not being in doesn't match up, I don't think it hurts Shulk and Chorus Men/Marshal. If we take the latest information from Sal into account, Shulk at the very least is still in the game. If we believe the leak, which I do.

Basically, leaker told Sal Shulk is still in the game. Which means he can tell Robin and Shulk apart from one another. There is still evidence towards Marshal in Smash Run with the Sneaky Spirit. So all I would take this latest twist as, is an incorrect character.

Yeah, it's hard to look at it that way, but it's not like the leak had to be 100% correct to get most right in the first place.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That is a good point, but...
[collapse=] I imagine those bird creatures are the descendants of Skyloftians that didn't return to the surface. I guess they got lonely up there all alone and only had birds flying around...

Well, fish people evolved to turn into bird people when the world flooded somehow...

Absolutely nothing to do with the conversation but you know.[/collapse]
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones
I noticed you invited me to the DLC group a moment ago, though you've already invited me a while back. I made a post in there yesterday asking about a certain character, but you never got back to me on it. Just wondering if you've read it or not.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Does anybody know about the 12th 4Chan leak, or the Pipe Burster Roster leak? They coincide with a recent leak that is now official and by far the most reliable leak of all: The one pertaining to Coro Coro magazine revealing all the characters and stages on the 3DS.

Anyways, here's the roster in the order that'd show in the 3DS version (assuming 6x4 format plus scrolling):

3DS CSS

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina & Luma, Yoshi*, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Marshall, Mr Game & Watch, Wario*, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Sheik, Toon Link*, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, Dark Pit, Palutena, Pit*, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Lucas, Ness*, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Little Mac, Olimar, Captain Falcon*, Fox, Falco, Wolf, ROB, Ice Climbers, Shulk*, Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo*, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Rayman*, Mii Fighter, Random*

* marks the end of a row.

DLC: Solid Snake, Captain Toad, Blaziken, Dixie Kong
Complete Cuts: Ivysaur, Squirtle

Marshall and Chorus Kids are interchangeable. I figured that if the Chorus Kids don't work, Marshall would be the one Sakurai would switch over to. Ghirahim and Impa are also interchangeable; while the latter makes a bit more sense, especially in the case of more clone newcomers, but if one is to apply the Trophy Quiz theory, it'd more likely suggest Ghirahim. Beyond that, I predict 55 characters--11 Brawl veterans, 1 Melee veteran, and 7 more newcomers added to what we already have.

There was some weird things in the Pipe Burster Roster leak, but at least it's surprisingly specific and thus easy to disconfirm should it be wrong. But for the time being, ironically enough, I think the 4Chan 12 leak is the most likely one of the two to be right simply because the only thing he really stated was 56 character slots, Ridley and King K. Rool are bosses, and a bunch of stuff regarding the NFC figures (Amiibos). Either way, I much prefer the Foul-Mouthed leak, and the only fully reliable one at the moment is the one about Coro Coro revealing the roster.

samoxnar

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamOxnar
I think despite Girahim possessing a unique fighting style and some popularity, it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere in the Zelda universe, and I don't think his reveal at this point would garner that much hype. I'd love to see him, and as a huge Skyward Sword fan, any SS rep is a great thing for me. But as things stand now I think that Impa is the most realistic possibility, as it is a very safe choice for Sakurai. She's very important to the series, can represent SS with her SS design, and generate excitement for Hyrule Warriors. And if by some sheer chance of fate Groose is on the loose, I'd be ecstatic. Regardless of Gematsu, I think Shulk is in, he makes so much sense at this point and just seems likely. I'm also pretty set on a RH rep, but not necessarily Chorus Men or Marshall, I like the idea of Rhythm Wrestler and Karate Joe would't surprise me.

Shroob

Sup?
Does anybody know about the 12th 4Chan leak, or the Pipe Burster Roster leak? They coincide with a recent leak that is now official and by far the most reliable leak of all: The one pertaining to Coro Coro magazine revealing all the characters and stages on the 3DS.

Anyways, here's the roster in the order that'd show in the 3DS version (assuming 6x4 format plus scrolling):

3DS CSS

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina & Luma, Yoshi*, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Marshall, Mr Game & Watch, Wario*, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Sheik, Toon Link*, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, Dark Pit, Palutena, Pit*, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Lucas, Ness*, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Little Mac, Olimar, Captain Falcon*, Fox, Falco, Wolf, ROB, Ice Climbers, Shulk*, Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo*, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man, Rayman*, Mii Fighter, Random*

Marshall and Chorus Kids are interchangeable. I figured that if the Chorus Kids don't work, Marshall would be the one Sakurai would switch over to. Ghirahim and Impa are also interchangeable; while the latter makes a bit more sense, especially in the case of more clone newcomers, but if one is to apply the Trophy Quiz theory, it'd more likely suggest Ghirahim. Beyond that, I predict 55 characters--11 Brawl veterans, 1 Melee veteran, and 7 more newcomers added to what we already have.

There was some weird things in the Pipe Burster Roster leak, but at least it's surprisingly specific and thus easy to disconfirm should it be wrong. But for the time being, ironically enough, I think the 4Chan 12 leak is the most likely one of the two to be right simply because the only thing he really stated was 56 character slots, Ridley and King K. Rool are bosses, and a bunch of stuff regarding the NFC figures (Amiibos). Either way, I much prefer the Foul-Mouthed leak, and the only fully reliable one at the moment is the one about Coro Coro revealing the roster.
Considering Sakurai said Rayman is a trophy... 0/10

samoxnar

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamOxnar

3DS CSS

The problem with this is Coro Coro says they are showing off all the characters and stages, not the full roster, this is a common misconception. This happened around the time of Brawl as well. It really seems like people forget about post release reveals.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
[collapse=] I imagine those bird creatures are the descendants of Skyloftians that didn't return to the surface. I guess they got lonely up there all alone and only had birds flying around...

Well, fish people evolved to turn into bird people when the world flooded somehow...

Absolutely nothing to do with the conversation but you know.[/collapse]
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones
I noticed you invited me to the DLC group a moment ago, though you've already invited me a while back. I made a post in there yesterday asking about a certain character, but you never got back to me on it. Just wondering if you've read it or not.
I'll respond to it at some point. I'm a little busy right now though. I'll get back to it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just so you know, Hyrule Warriors makes every Zelda character look important, it doesn't really give Impa a boost of a chance.
Of course it doesn't. Impa has appeared in about 10 games in the franchise, though, in most games in the story, especially several of the early ones where she SETS LINK OFF ON HIS QUEST. That is extremely significant. She's also a major character in Skyward Sword and a pretty important character in the fan favorite game of the series, Ocarina of Time. Only Tingle (whose been disconfirmed) is as important to the franchise as Impa. If we get any new Zelda character (although I don't think we will at this point, rather, I think trophy theory applies to revamped Ganondorf), its probably Impa.

FastWheels

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperFastWheels
Seeing how Koei is now making exclusives for the Wii U and 3DS, I'd like to see a character from one of their series.

Lu Bu, anybody?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm not trusting any leak ever unless they have legit looking pictures.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I do find the whole Rayman thing pretty fishy. I'm not going to start a "RAYMAN4SMASH" movement about it, but using the rights for a character just to have them be a little Easter egg is weird. It's been done before, I'm sure, but not in Smash.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pretty sure a 3rd party character, like Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man before him, would get revealed via a trailer, not just a random trophy picture.
Did I not just say that I was defending Rayman?

I don't believe that leak for a second, why would Rayman be outright playable while Snake, a veteran, is DLC? It's fake.

Now Rayman as DLC? Hell yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom