• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mach Rider would be boring (and "he" might be a "she", fyi). Duck Hunt Dog or Hikari/Gonbe would be much better to me.

Or even better, just give us an Advance Wars rep instead. It is an old school series with tons of games, but with only a boring AT in Brawl.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Mach Rider would be boring (and "he" might be a "she", fyi).
Sakurai refers to him as a "he" in Smash. So he'd most likely be male if he were to appear.

"After the destruction of his home town, Mach Rider jumped onto his machine-gun-equipped combat motorcycle and set off in search of a new home, destroying all the Quadrunners who got in his way. His motorcycle had four gears and endless ammunition. When hit, Mach Rider would break into fragments and then rejoin together."

I agree, he could be boring. However, that is up to Sakurai and the team.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Do any of you guys find mewtwo unlikely? I think he definitely has a big chance, since he is one of 2 most requested characters. But it does make me disappointed to think that squirtle and ivysaur will be cut, but snake getting cut would be even worse to me. Back to pokemon, does anyone find jiggly unlikely? I think he's easily in, since he's so easy to make, and I think that the original 12 will stay

mark welford

Smash Ace
I do actually find him unlikely I willingly accept the fact that I might the only one who thinks like that
Do any of you guys find mewtwo unlikely? I think he definitely has a big chance, since he is one of 2 most requested characters. But it does make me disappointed to think that squirtle and ivysaur will be cut, but snake getting cut would be even worse to me. Back to pokemon, does anyone find jiggly unlikely? I think he's easily in, since he's so easy to make, and I think that the original 12 will stay

Niala

Smash Ace
There are numerous points for his inclusion, but for some reason, I just don't expect Mewtwo to come back. I would never say he's unlikely, though. Jiggly on the other hand I see no reason to not expect her return. She has just as much in her favour as Mewtwo does, only she hasn't been cut in favour of other things before.

EDIT: 13 posts, I see. Welcome to the cesspool we call Smashboards! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey everyone, I found this on the Smash Sub-Reddit.

You get 12 points, each character row corresponds to the point on the left. So Wonder Red = 4 Points, and Duck Hunt Dog = 2 Points, etc.

So if you only had 12 points, who would you choose? This is mine.

Ridley: Because Ridley.

Bandana Dee: Awesome character, if FE can have 4 reps, so does Kirby.

Sceptile: Because the Fire-Water-Grass starter trio.
Ugh, Why do Simon Belmont and Isaac cost so much?

Ridley, Shulk, and Bomberman I suppose.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Sakurai refers to him as a "he" in Smash. So he'd most likely be male if he were to appear.

"After the destruction of his home town, Mach Rider jumped onto his machine-gun-equipped combat motorcycle and set off in search of a new home, destroying all the Quadrunners who got in his way. His motorcycle had four gears and endless ammunition. When hit, Mach Rider would break into fragments and then rejoin together."

Correction, the trophy writer referred to Mach Rider as male. Unless you believe Sakurai wrote the descriptions for all 290 in Melee and 544 in Brawl.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Correction, the trophy writer referred to Mach Rider as male. Unless you believe Sakurai wrote the descriptions for all 290 in Melee and 544 in Brawl.
I do believe that (not the owner of the original post, btw). I think he's even credited as the writer in all Smash Bros. games. He is very good with descriptions, as he's able to say something, but leave just enough information for us to figure out, especially in the PotD. He wrote Snake's Codecs, the Star Fox calls, and all the trophy descriptions in Brawl, and I believe he would've done the same for Melee, and that he'll do the same in this Smash.

mark welford

Smash Ace
another question for you guys how old were you guys when the smash came out? me I was 1 when the first 1 came out I was 3 when melee came out I was 10 when brawl came out im 16 now and ssb4 will come when im this age

MagnesD3

Smash Master
when the first smash came out I was probably 8-9 and when melee came out I think I was 10-11 maybe and 15-16 when brawl came out or something like this.

I remember really wanting Bowser, Wario, Wolf and Sonic in melee.
Then for brawl I wanted Sonic, Wolf, Krystal, Ridley
And now I really want Ridley and Krystal (and I need to retrieve mewtwo.) I usually get about 2 guys I want everytime, so far no dice tho.

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Just got my 1000'th post. Really cool. Have loved being here and shall enjoy being here for even longer. I want to thank:
@APC99,@SuperBrawler,@MopedOfJustice,@Keybladeguy,@Lozjam,@Louie G,@SchAlternate,@Mega Bidoof and all the members of the Unity dev team, ya'll are great, the game's gonna fantastic.
@PrincessZelda19: Yah have been a great friend,here's to more good times.
to all my other friends such as: @BluePikmin11,@Cobalsh,@KingShadow,@MorbidAltruism and plenty of others. there are loads more, only tagged a few, yayy to me :D.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Time to stop lurking and start playing Catch-Up.

For that point game everyone's been doing for the past few pages, I'm going to take the easy and extremely selfish route:
Mewtwo (5)
King K. Rool (5)
Chibi-Robo (2)

Also, with how many times I've seen BluePikmin's name being tagged, you would think that it was his birthday.

Speaking of obscure retro characters, perhaps Sable's AT confirmation will usher in the Era of Sutte Hakkun.

I think I'm done playing Catch-Up, for now.

Edit: I'm not done. Happy 1000th, @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER !

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Time to stop lurking and start playing Catch-Up.

For that point game everyone's been doing for the past few pages, I'm going to take the easy and extremely selfish route:
Mewtwo (5)
King K. Rool (5)
Chibi-Robo (2)

Also, with how many times I've seen BluePikmin's name being tagged, you would think that it was his birthday.

Speaking of obscure retro characters, perhaps Sable's AT confirmation will usher in the Era of Sutte Hakkun.

I think I'm done playing Catch-Up, for now.

Edit: I'm not done. Happy 1000th, @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER !
Thanks!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

You get 12 points, each character row corresponds to the point on the left. So Wonder Red = 4 Points, and Duck Hunt Dog = 2 Points, etc.
1 Mike Jones - It's an understatement to say I've wanted this guy in SSB since 1999.
1 Saki (2) - I had my hopes he'd be playable this time around. Instead of more european medieval swordsmen.
1 Sukapon (3) - The main character of one of Nintendo´s first and only fighting games.
4 Takamaru (7) - Samurai are cool. Samurai with ninja weapons and techniques, cooler.
5 Isaac (12) - It was either him or Simon, but I went with him because Golden Sun needs more love.

They chopped off half a leg to my Mike pic. :V

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I do believe that (not the owner of the original post, btw). I think he's even credited as the writer in all Smash Bros. games. He is very good with descriptions, as he's able to say something, but leave just enough information for us to figure out, especially in the PotD. He wrote Snake's Codecs, the Star Fox calls, and all the trophy descriptions in Brawl, and I believe he would've done the same for Melee, and that he'll do the same in this Smash.
...Holy **** that's insane. Where does he find the time?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
...Holy **** that's insane. Where does he find the time?
I honestly think the writing is why his hand is as bad as it is, but he's mentioned that he stays for days on end just writing and experimenting. His loyalty to the game is crazy.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
The only thing standing in Mewtwo's way is the possibility of Sakurai saying he doesn't want him in the game.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
another question for you guys how old were you guys when the smash came out? me I was 1 when the first 1 came out I was 3 when melee came out I was 10 when brawl came out im 16 now and ssb4 will come when im this age
I was 2 when melee came out, and 8 or 9 when brawl came out

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was a freshman in college when Melee came out.

So old. I'm so old.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What if we hypothetically get an AT disconfirmation week this week?
Good. I want Isaac. I want Shulk. I want K. Rool and Ridley. I want all sorts of retro characters. I'd much rather know if they were ATs now then have to wait until launch to know. It's not like not seeing them would magically make them playable.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, that could just be the translator. IIRC, the original Japanese trophy didn't contain gender-specific language.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord

EBA
DHD
Banjo
Mach Rider

there

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I have just enough for Mewtwo, K. Rool and the Chorus Kids. :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What do you guys prefer more, getting Dixie and k rool, or Isaac and Ridley?
K. Rool and Isaac. K. Rool because I want him to come back, and Isaac because I think Golden Sun deserves recognition more than any other unrepresented franchise. As for Ridley and Dixie, I also think they should be playable, too, but if I have to choose two, Isaac and K. Rool.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I was 5 or 6 when Melee came out, and 12 when Brawl came out. I'll be 18 in 5 days, and I'll be in college when the next Smash comes out! :)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So at this point, are we getting a retro character? Or did we already get one in the form of Little Mac?

We're left with Mach Rider, Bubbles, Muddy Mole and Duck Hunt Dog. Who do you guys think we're most likely to get?
As I stated in another thread earlier, I'm pretty sure this is going to end up being our retro:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I wonder if he still thinks Kaptain K. Rool is King K. Rool's brother. Certainly hope not.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I wonder if he still thinks Kaptain K. Rool is King K. Rool's brother. Certainly hope not.
That was a mistranslation on our shores part, I'm afraid. We fed him the information about K. Rool, because he didn't know much about him.

EBA
DHD
Banjo
Mach Rider

there
You have one more point, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

I will go with following characters:

5 Points: Ridley
3 Points: Shulk
2 Points: Dillon
1 Point: Mike Jones
1 Point: Saki

.n_n.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
For that Reddit Poll, I only will go with three:
Shulk, BWD and Mewtwo. My personal most wanted characters all aligned with an even 12 is pretty coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom