• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of conflicting thoughts with this "roster", but all I'm going to say is this: if Dark Pit makes it in, and Mewtwo doesn't, I'm going to write Sakurai a very long letter telling him that I don't agree with his decision.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
t's possible not all stages are unlocked. It's also possible they have stages in the Wii U version but not the 3DS version.
If the stages are in both the 3DS and Wii U version, why wouldn't we see them? We've got all the stages that happened to have been confirmed cross-system like Wily's Castle and Boxing Ring, yet nothing else familiar is there? It just so happens to give us stages like those for the ones we already know about...? That's a red flag right there.

Even if we don't have every stage unlocked, that still doesn't explain why Kirby, Sakurai's child and a series with plenty of steam as of late, would only be regulated into being a cameo of a Nintendo system and not have something from Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Super Star Ultra, or Kirby Mass Attack to be in the starting roster of stages. If any series was going to have a new stage, Kirby would be one of them. Two strikes.

I know we're starved for "The End" of all this speculation, but there's much more reason to believe this is fake than there is reason to give it more than one glance.
The link with the logo you posted is not official. That's just the logo Smash Wiki gives to things with unknown logos.
Hm? I was not aware. My mistake. The point stands that there's no reason to believe Game Boy would be our one Kirby stage beyond two Kirby characters standing on a blank screen.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I have a lot of conflicting thoughts with this "roster", but all I'm going to say is this: if Dark Pit makes it in, and Mewtwo doesn't, I'm going to write Sakurai a very long letter telling him that I don't agree with his decision.
I am going to write him a very long letter telling him that I do agree with his decision.

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
I read at GameFAQs the leaker said he had not unlocked everyone yet. Maybe there's hope for some more characters?

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
If the stages are in both the 3DS and Wii U version, why wouldn't we see them? We've got all the stages that happened to have been confirmed cross-system like Wily's Castle and Boxing Ring, yet nothing else familiar is there? It just so happens to give us stages like those for the ones we already know about...? That's a red flag right there.

Even if we don't have every stage unlocked, that still doesn't explain why Kirby, Sakurai's child and a series with plenty of steam as of late, would only be regulated into being a cameo of a Nintendo system and not have something from Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Super Star Ultra, or Kirby Mass Attack to be in the starting roster of stages. If any series was going to have a new stage, Kirby would be one of them. Two strikes.

I know we're starved for "The End" of all this speculation, but there's much more reason to believe this is fake than there is reason to give it more than one glance.

Hm? I was not aware. My mistake. The point stands that there's no reason to believe Game Boy would be our one Kirby stage beyond two Kirby characters standing on a blank screen.
The Kirby thing is indeed suspicious, but I'm gonna need some hard proof before I stop believing something like this.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
That leak must be 100% fake. Dr. Mario? For something he was cut. Bowser Jr. NO. No one cares about Sceptile. Chorus Men can do fine as an assist trophy. Ridley was deconfirmed millenia ago, DHdog NO. NO DARK PIT. The only ones believable there is maybe Girahim, Shulk and Isaac. SUPER FAKE.

D

Deleted member

This leak is crazy! As for the stages, I think the stages will have multiple page like Brawl(if this is even real), because I can't see those stages being final. As for characters, I think there is still a chance this isn't the final roster we are looking at, and there could still be room for others.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd like to point out that Mr. Game and Watch's icon is clipping over to Wario's box.
Its not, that's part of Wario's clothes, its just the bad angle. Which makes it even worse; why not just give us better screenshots and actually show us the ****ing top screen?! Seriously?!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The Kirby thing is indeed suspicious, but I'm gonna need some hard proof before I stop believing something like this.
...Hard proof to stop believing in something incredibly suspicious? Are you that thirsty for a conclusion to all of this, or are you really that willing to throw all your faith into a picture you've known about for 15 minutes?

We get tons of leaks. A leak needs to be able to stand concrete even after being dissected entirely, otherwise it's just fodder as good as this.

Hell, the no shadow thing is suspicious, but I'm gonna need some hard proof before I stop believing something like this.

A leak should stand for its own existence like Gematsu did. If a leak needs excuses, it's not a damned leak.

Last edited:

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
...Hard proof to stop believing in something incredibly suspicious? Are you that thirsty for a conclusion to all of this, or are you really that willing to throw all your faith into a picture you've known about for 15 minutes?

We get tons of leaks. A leak needs to be able to stand concrete even after being dissected entirely, otherwise it's just fodder as good as this.

Hell, the no shadow thing is suspicious, but I'm gonna need some hard proof before I stop believing something like this.

A leak should stand for its own existence like Gematsu did. If a leak needs excuses, it's not a damned leak.
The thing is, the leak looks really real. Like, REALLY real. There's nothing which deconfirms it as of yet, and there are some evidence that makes it more believable

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I can't handle this. I'm gonna watch some Face Off and Golden Girls, and then go to sleep, and hope tomorrow morning brings clarity to the situation. If Isaac shows up somewhere, someone be ready to hold me back in the morning.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Don't take it personal, I'm just trusting my gut with this one.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I can't handle this. I'm gonna watch some Face Off and Golden Girls, and then go to sleep, and hope tomorrow morning brings clarity to the situation. If Isaac shows up somewhere, someone be ready to hold me back in the morning.
Dude, Golden Girls? So.......FRAT!!!:colorful:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wouldn't put too much faith into these images just yet. We've had other very well done and believable leaks in the past.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The thing is, the leak looks really real. Like, REALLY real. There's nothing which deconfirms it as of yet, and there are some evidence that makes it more believable
Are we talking about the same thing? The stage screen? No it doesn't.

The lack of Kirby, EarthBound, and Ice Climbers stages entirely.
Main series like Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Metroid receiving no new stages.
The lack of new content Sakurai hasn't already shown us outright beyond 2 new stages, one of which being especially blurry compared to the rest.
The lack of a 3DS hinge on the screenshot and still being simultaneously horrible quality? This alone should be enough to debunk it outright.

If you think there is evidence to make this seem believable, then you're ignorant beyond belief. There's no reason to put any investment into this and frankly the fact that we still have folks here entertaining the idea of this "leak" being legit is just asinine to me.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
No, but there is nothing that confirms it yet either. And with any game that is anticipated as much as Smash Bros there are going to be fake "Leaks". That and people can do amazing things on Photoshop now days. So just take everything with a grain of salt.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Don't take it personal, I'm just trusting my gut with this one.
I don't take offense to it, I'm just saying putting blind faith into this is outright idiotic.

I don't want to say you're an idiot. I think it's unfair to call anyone names just for speculating. But when your speculation comes down to throwing all logic out the window and simply saying "I'm trusting my gut on this", you are literally saying outright "Hey, I know this leak is full of crap, but I'm going to believe it anyway." It's just unfathomable to me that you'd willingly believe a leak you know is illegitimate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom