• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exposés (26) - NEW! Wario, ROB, Kirby, Pikachu, Link, Ganondorf

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
This is what I have been waiting for since the actual game came out. Excellent videos, I love them so much. I enjoy how you show the differences and play styles of each of the characters cause people can't really see it during the FFA battles we had recently been seeing. I found Olimar, Snake, and Sonic very informative. Keep 'em coming, no rush though =D.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
excellent vids
im subscribing and recommending for an ICs vids please....can you show how easily they can de-synch?

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great videos. Keep it up man!

I cant wait to start owning people with sonic's run+upsmash.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
More videos! These are much better quality than the first few. I went in with a piece of paper writing down exactly what I wanted to show, so I don't forget any moves for any of these! Plus, my brother was around to help me experiment and/or control the other player for much better results.

Pit and Metaknight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsdJnvZ8C3U

I've already made the following vids, and they are in the queue for compressing and uploading. I have:

- Pokemon Trainer (his own video)
- Dedede and Lucario
- Madness with Lucario's recovery
- Samus and Zero Suit Samus
- Zero Suit Samus part 2! (yes, she was so much fun to play I had to make a part two showing her off more).

Compressing/uploading takes a long time, but in the meantime, check the Pit/Metaknight video! I hope to have these uploaded by tomorrow morning/afternoon, so check back!

I'm excited to show you guys these other videos, there's some great footage!

SilverChaos

Smash Apprentice
Excellent videos.
Olimar looks MUCH better than I expected him to be.
We really need more videos showing off characters in training mode. All these intense fights make it hard to see exactly what is going on.

Master_Yang

Smash Cadet
Firstly, thank you for these^^ The Pit video was something I've wanted someone to do since the game came out.

A quick question: with Pokemon Trainer, I could see the pokemon showing effects of what I assumed was stamina (Ivysaur's leaf drooping etc). Did you notice any serious effect on their play because of this?

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, sweet videos. I can tell how much fun yall have been having.

Anyway, Link soon?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
tee hee. i made a comment on one of the samus ones... your commentaries are pretty cool and actually kinda funny... and really helpful! thanks a bunch!

Revven

FrankerZ
Nice, I loved the ZSS video, wish you guys would find more interesting stuff like you did with her and cover them in the videos. But, anyway, what are the next characters you plan to cover? I was hoping you'd cover Link, Kirby, or Pikachu soon. :)

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Yeah these really do give a feel to the game that it's impossible to get otherwise.

Diddy kong next perhaps? Or are you gonna focus on vets?

Either way, thanks for the uploads.

Add-on= Wow zamus = beast.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
The Samus/ZSS link seems to be working now. Not sure what the problem was before!

Next time I do a video, I'll probably do a few returning characters, like Kirby, Pikachu, DK, Luigi/Mario, etc. That might not be for a few days, though. I need to get some real work done first. ;)

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
It looks like charizard was fatigued when you started that video. So all those attacks you were showing should be doing more damage and have more knockback (that's what stamina does). The pokemon were also getting fatigued while you were showing stuff... just FYI.

It's good though. I was always wondering WHY everyone switched their pokemon when they died. Now I know that happens automatically.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
It looks like charizard was fatigued when you started that video. So all those attacks you were showing should be doing more damage and have more knockback (that's what stamina does). The pokemon were also getting fatigued while you were showing stuff... just FYI.

It's good though. I was always wondering WHY everyone switched their pokemon when they died. Now I know that happens automatically.
I thought it was determined from the "decreasing damage/knockback" thread that moves don't weaken in Training mode. Of course, the PT could be special.

Anyway, these videos are pretty much some of the best to come out of the pre-American release. I applaud your efforts once again.

M.K

Level 55
You sort of missed a couple of small things on some characters (Ivysaur's Throws :() So I made a list for you!

Neutral A Combo
Running Attack
Forward Tilt
Up Tilt
Down Tilt

Forward Smash
Up Smash
Down Smash

Forward Aerial
Back Aerial
Up Aerial
Down Aerial

Forward Throw
Back Throw
Up Throw
Down Throw

There you go. I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again for the positive comments. I try to show off all the moves... and even writing down a list like that, it can be easy to forget to show something. So, I'm sorry if some of the videos miss a certain move (I think we also miss Ivysaur's quite interesting d-air in the video, simply because we forgot/ran out of time).

The videos are basically just meant to pique interest and to show off potential for characters. I think I'm decently good with a few of them, but clearly I'm still learning the characters as well. I kind of want to lay the foundation for what the moves look like, and then people can use their imaginations for what might be good strategies (until they get the game for themselves and can try everything out).

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
The Pit video was awesome, thanks a lot for these. When you can, could you do one of WW Link? He's so far another one of my preliminary prospective mains. Thanks!

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i think the most needed exposés are toon link and zelda.

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
I loved your ZSS exposé. It was very informative. The others were equally informative, but this one was more entertaining. Best part had to be the dance at the end, though. XD

You've pretty much guaranteed me a win against my brother the first time I play. I get to know everything now that I would normally have spent about a week playing around with. I would probably have won anyway, but now I have the advantage of knowledge in addition to marginally higher skill level.

Also, it's good to see Lucario's "bending" recovery in action, as well as the wall cling. I had a hard time picturing it from the descriptions of others.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
May I suggest doing a Fox, Falco and Wolf expose? To differentiate their moves, mostly there specials and find out their (if any) differences in Final Smashes. It would be most appreciated.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I'll be making video exposes of Wolf (along with Fox/Falco) and Toon Link when I unlock them. Until then, not much I can do, I'm afraid!

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
subscribed, I need to keep track of this thread.
Your videos have been most informative, and they're much more useful than a long post.
It's been said that a picture is worth a thousand words, well, video is just dozens of pictures per second at various frames per second, thats 60 thousand words per second. (assuming video is running at 60 frames/second)

*gets calculator* 60,000 words per second,

60,000 X 60 seconds = 3,600,000 words per minute

3,600,000 X roughly 10 minutes per video = 36,000,000 words per video

36,000,000 X 8.5 videos = 306,000,000 words

by my calculations, it would take roughly 306 million words to accomplish what your videos have done for this community. Keep up the good work; I, and several others for sure, are looking forward to seeing more of your videos.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
could you showcase more of the veteran chars? A lot of people don't play veterans in Brawl right now because you know....... they're familiar with them lol.

But I am extremely curious about jigglypuff (even though I never played her and actually hate her lol). Noone is playing her in Brawl, and I'm just kinda curious lol.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
I'll be making video exposes of Wolf (along with Fox/Falco) and Toon Link when I unlock them. Until then, not much I can do, I'm afraid!
those are the ones wanted you to cover,
thats sounds great to hear, hopefully you
have the time to unlock them.

fums63

Smash Apprentice
hows about kirby, diddy, pikachu, ganondorf, ice climbers, and/or ness?
these are great by the way, really helpful.

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
Infil i have a question...

You skipped over Pit's (the only character i care so much about to ask this) Dair, does it spike. THANKS!

EDIT: you could just post yes or no, you dont have to say in a vid or anything

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
oh... so no toon link or falco/wolf....

*starts chanting zelda's name*

Top Bottom