• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Character Match-Ups

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hmm What about Luigi and Link? They can be hard If you don't know how to fight them

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Whatever, it says "in order of the tier list" so I just thought up those two

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
soon. i've had a rediculous amount of homework lately since school is winding down. i had a 7 page paper that i've been working on over the past like 4 or 5 days, right before thta i had a Cold War project and ugh school sucks. anyways, uh maybe friday if i'm not too busy playing Super Paper Mario. :)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
soon. i've had a rediculous amount of homework lately since school is winding down. i had a 7 page paper that i've been working on over the past like 4 or 5 days, right before thta i had a Cold War project and ugh school sucks. anyways, uh maybe friday if i'm not too busy playing Super Paper Mario. :)
Super paper mario? :O! It's that for Wii or for GC? > sorry for the stupid question

LOL enjoy school while you can! Really! university is much worse in terms of "homework". So do your homework first then update this...

xelad1

Smash Ace
Super paper mario? :O! It's that for Wii or for GC? > sorry for the stupid question

LOL enjoy school while you can! Really! university is much worse in terms of "homework". So do your homework first then update this...
yes if by homework you mean 1 paper, 1 midterm, and 1 final exam for your grade then you are correct sir. God I wish I had homework to buffer my grades lol.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
super paper mario SHOULD be available everywhere, at least in the US lol. yeah homework in my high school is pretty gay. oh well college probably is crappier. anyways i'll get back to this ASAP. maybe tomorrow after I watch Battle Royale 2

Oskurito

Smash Lord
yes if by homework you mean 1 paper, 1 midterm, and 1 final exam for your grade then you are correct sir. God I wish I had homework to buffer my grades lol.
I didn't mean that. After school is much more work

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I have good experience with High or top tier characters cause they're the most played here, but against the others not too much, usually any match up that my falco can't take my fox can handle it and vice versa

xelad1

Smash Ace
Hmmmmmmmmm I might write a Link addition since two of my friends main him and I play against them pretty frequently....

Oskurito

Smash Lord
O_o it's been a while... Did you make jiggs match up? or either luigi will be good. Ah... I've uploaded some vids of my falco and fox would you like to watch them?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Yeah dude show me some links. I haven't made any new match-ups myself, but i think a few pages back someone made a jiggly match up so that'll be poster here soon

Oskurito

Smash Lord

daddy neptune

Smash Apprentice
I need a little help on Ness and Zelda. I wish I knew why I have a harder time with the low tier than the top other than Marth.

Thanks
-Quan

First2Bomb

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about the Falco Match Ups with Y.Link, Peach, Roy, Marth and Mario?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
hm, sudden traffic added to this thread all of a sudden...

what would you call it at, gimpy? i think its like a 70 30 in falco's favor. (i thikn you said something close to that a while a go but i'm not sure)

Miztik

Smash Master
Wow man this are some good matchup tips thanks for the shiek part cuz i do my worst against the Zelda Characters namely shiek

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
my opinion is..

Falco VS Sheik (Sheik wins by 55-60%)
Falco VS Fox (Fox wins by 55-60%, although the lower is the level of the players the higher goes the advantage for Falco, if the players are beginners it's 70-30 in favor of Falco)
Falco VS Marth (if the players are expert it's 50-50 if not even 60-40 in Marth's favor, otherwise Falco 60 Marth 40)
Falco VS Ice Climbers (I think it's 50-50, maybe even 60-40 in favor of Falco. If the IC player is chu dat then it's 60-40 in favor of ICs)
Falco VS Bowser (80-20 in favor of Falco, I can give some credit to bowser but his big size will have him eat lasers all the time..)
Falco VS C.Falcon (60-40 in favor of Falco)
Falco VS Samus (60-40 in favor of Falco)
Falco VS Peach (50-50 if not even 60-40 in favor of Falco, if the players aren't expert then it's 65-35 in favor of Peach)
Falco VS Ganondorf (60-40 in favor of Falco)
Falco VS Jigglypuff (60-40 in favor of jigglypuff, maybe 50-50)
Falco VS Doc (60-40 in favor of Falco if Falco knows what he's doing, otherwise it's 60-40 in favor of Doc)

I'll tell you the reasons later..

Nelo

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been said or not already but in the marth matchup if you find yourself thrown/hit onto a platform I've found that teching into light shield is very effective. As your opponent generally throws attacks at you to get you in another combo you can slide off of the platform and retreat to safety.

mathos

Smash Champion
Lolz gannon is low tier. I like how the gannon vid is the falco getting owned. Its a game of extremes, laser spam to hard pressure and vice versa otherwise you're going to be caught in a gannon fair/bair.

On another note, bowser is mean to Falco. Gimpy rules all.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Lolz gannon is low tier. I like how the gannon vid is the falco getting owned. Its a game of extremes, laser spam to hard pressure and vice versa otherwise you're going to be caught in a gannon fair/bair.

On another note, bowser is mean to Falco. Gimpy rules all.
I haven't seen any Gimpy VS Falco videos but I can tell you that regardless of the bowser player's skills bowser still remains too big and slow which means tons of comboes and lasers landed on him. I don't know if Gimpy is actually able to handle Falco properly but even if he can, how many other bowsers can do it?

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
As a mindgame vs. Marth, I light shield at the edge so it forces them to up B sooner onto the ledge, but before they get a chance to knock me onto the ledge, I press the shield button in further to get a normal shield, putting me in position for a fast easy downsmash.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I haven't seen any Gimpy VS Falco videos but I can tell you that regardless of the bowser player's skills bowser still remains too big and slow which means tons of comboes and lasers landed on him. I don't know if Gimpy is actually able to handle Falco properly but even if he can, how many other bowsers can do it?
Watch gimpy vs. forward. Any good boozer can handle a falco

Top Bottom